This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117681 May 20th, 2005 at 03:56 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have a small apartment 525 sq ft and only 30 sq ft of garden amended so where does all the potting soil go? I've bought over 100 lbs so far this year and it just disappears as soon as it enters the apartment.

The 16 quarts I just got this morning is already half gone. The tomatoes wanted more, the mystery herbs wanted there very own pots, The barberry cutting experiment wanted a bunch, the coleus were tired of being in the herb left over potting soil and wanted a real home rather than a butter tub with holes in the bottom. And I'm refusing to look at the baby jade because I just know they will want some too. And I really want to save some for the blue girl rose JV is sending me and the Chocolate Mint plants and Pots has been kind enough to offer.

I have got to find a way to compost. Otherwise all my cash is going to go into potting soil and I won't have anything to put in it. Oh and I forgot if I can find out what the mystery tree is I want to pot that too. I need more potting soil.

#117682 May 20th, 2005 at 10:13 PM
i know exactally what you're talking about tk thumbup i buy soil and in about 15 min. i have to run out and buy more. i think my plants jump out of thier pots and scoop it up in thier leaves and run back to thier pots and "tuck" themselves in with the "stolen" soil. laugh laugh
i have to go back to wal-mart and get some more. they have these real big bags..."dirt cheap" laugh laugh laugh ha ha ha ha ha ha
i'm going grinnnn

#117683 May 20th, 2005 at 10:29 PM
yea I know what ya'll mean lol I buy the miracle grow most of the time. that stuff can get expensive! it's about 4 bucks a bag or maybe a little more at walmart. what kind do you get and how much does it cost? is it a big bag?? Duh idea

#117684 May 20th, 2005 at 11:01 PM
heck yeah wal-mart has huge bags of miracle gro that i paid, i don't think it was more than $6.00
and it was big i think it was maybe 16 quarts if that makes sense. i just know it was a huge bag laugh laugh

#117685 May 21st, 2005 at 01:08 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Yep that's the bag, 16 quarts for 3.97 before tax at lowe's. I was down in the landlords busstation today and we were looking at the tomatoes that I gave him. He was really pleased until we looked down and saw a bunch of spiders running all over the soil UGH!!!!!

I hope that doesn't happen up here. I just cannot handle bugs.

My plants don't actually steal it, they guilt/con me into bringing it to them.

The tomatoes say, "Hey Tammy I wouldn't need a stake if you would give me two more inches of soil see I have room and just think about all the roots I could grow."

The baby Jade says, "Momma, big brother is squishing me I need my own place. Look I rooted myself and grew without any help so far you owe me."

The barberry says, "Go ahead try the cuttings now. I'll grow for you promise."

The mystery herbs say, "Look you deserted us in that horrible starter pot for months and we hung in there don't you think we each deserve our own pots."

The colleus say, "First you planted us to deep. Then you dumped herbs on top of us. Then you almost dumped us out in the garden when you transplanted the herbs and we still came through for you. On top of that we are the most georgeous coleus you have ever owned so let loose with some of that potting soil lady."

Even the chive is silently showing me where the water has left a depression where it could use some more dirt.

I thought when I bought 70 lbs of cheap potting soil earlier in the year that I was over doing it. Was I ever wrong. Is it going to be like this next year too?

Link Copied to Clipboard