This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117425 May 26th, 2005 at 05:15 AM
Sami Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, everyone! It's been a while since I've had time to get on here. I started a new job on Sept 1, 2004 & with trying to keep up with the housework, kids, husband/band, work & plants, I haven't had much time left over. shocked

My purple bearded irises that I planted in the fall are beautiful. Cannas haven't started doing a lot of growing yet, but that's ok because I haven't had time to finish my new bed to separate & move them, yet. I pulled up most of my elephant ears this past fall and have not gotten around to replanting them Duh but I have several still growing in the yard & am thinking of moving them to the field line area of the yard (maybe they'll help absorb the water that's holding out there). My mother of thousands aren't doing real well. My prickly pear is doing great. I planted various bulbs this past fall but most did not come up (I think the moles got a hold of them eek ). The 3 mother in laws tongues are not doing well, either.

This spring I planted morning glories, 4 o'clocks, zinnias, strawberries, cantaloupe & petunias (all from seed). The morning glories are trying to come up, strawberries didn't take at all, got a couple of cantaloupe plants trying to survive & the petunias not doing so well.

However, what I'm worried about the most are my peace lilies. I took them out of the soil & put them all in water vases (and plan on putting betas in before too long). I have 6. Four seem to be doing ok, but 2 of them have mold on them & I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I found an article about using peroxide...I just tried it, don't know how it will turn out, yet.

My husbands band has changed. They are no longer NoneTheLess. They lost one player (the singer) and changed the name to 9-Volt Trigger. My husband is singing, now, along with lead guitar.

My son just turned 15 & my daughter is about to turn 3 (she's so excited about her Strawberry Shortcake birthday party).

I think that about catches me up, huh? LOL thumbup

#117426 May 26th, 2005 at 03:18 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Good to see you Sami,
Have been wondering how all was doing?
Even sent you a PM or two makin' sure all is well.

You and your family sounds busy...

How is your new job??? Duh frown
Wondered how you liked it..????..

Your plants sound like they need a wee~bit of help there!!
Better get back to postin'!!!! LOL!!!! wink

Do hope you keep checking in on us and posting..

Weezie

#117427 May 27th, 2005 at 06:02 AM
Sami Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, Weezie! Yep, my plants need some help shocked eek

I'll be in here a little more often, now.

#117428 May 27th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I'll be in here a little more often, now.
Very good to hear thumbup ....

Weezie

#117429 June 18th, 2005 at 11:35 PM
B
B
Sami, the band 9 volt trigger name is cool. I looked them up online at www.9volttrigger.com The drummer is Soooooooo DREAMY!!!!!!! LMAO

www.9volttrigger.com

#117430 June 19th, 2005 at 09:17 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Howdy, Sami! wavey

Nice to hear from you!

The drummer is Soooooooo DREAMY!!!!!!! LMAO
...let me guess Duh laugh

Cindy

#117431 June 20th, 2005 at 05:24 AM
Sami Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL...not sure who 'bluesclues' is shocked That's cute, though!

Yeah, our drummer is Brandon (kinda doubt he's on this site, but he is a computer/PR guru wavey

#117432 June 21st, 2005 at 07:49 PM
Hi Sami ~ wavey

Hope to see more of you here soon.

Merme

Link Copied to Clipboard