This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117132 January 3rd, 2005 at 11:22 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I usually have a problem with squash bugs and cucumber beetles. Now that im moving to a different location im not sure if i will still have the problem. Instead of buying seven dust or other chemichals i was wondering of some organic methods to get rid of these bugs .

~ Cory ~

#117133 January 4th, 2005 at 04:39 AM
wavey Hey Cory,

this link might be helpful.

http://www.gardensalive.com/pestguide_item.asp?article_id=36

I've used Pyola for bad infestations of asparagus beetles.
It is organic (won't harm worms)but it is non-selective.It will kill all the good bugs too.

I hand pick them ,some folks pick 'em and squish 'em.
ewwwww,I can't do it.

But sometimes I can't keep up,so I've used the Pyola.
It works.

Good for you,not using chems.And if you sell produce.Tell the folks.They'll come back.
I would.

flw duckie

#117134 January 5th, 2005 at 01:24 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the link duckie.

Ive tried to crush them , it seems that whenever i crush a dozen or so and think they are gone, i look and theres another family of them.

~ Cory ~

#117135 January 6th, 2005 at 05:29 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Cory,
I'm a squwisher my self, but duckie's posted a good place to get organic helpers..
Gardens Alive is a gardeners friend, and if you get your name on the catalog list, I know they will send you a couple of catalog's with some $20.oo coupons on them, and you can order $15.00+ bucks of stuff and it's all free with your coupon.
Hey, if they send you the coupon you might as well get some free stuff...
Get the cucumber beetles fast, they spread a disease to your plants, that it's hard to get rid of once you get it.

And remember a good rule of thumb to remember is, when you get bugs, somethings not right with your soil.. and check it out... when your plant isn't happy, it emits a signal to bugs saying
"I'm not healthy" and they come prey on it...
Bacterial Wilt (Cucumbers)
Cucumber Beetle/Rotenone/Copper Combo

Weezie

P/S Welcome to the Garden Helper's Forum by the way!

Link Copied to Clipboard