This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#117087 November 7th, 2005 at 10:37 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I've been trying to tape a popsicle stick to my finger...
Is that something you learned tonight???? Duh

#117088 November 7th, 2005 at 10:38 AM
I'm turning in now too.

#117089 November 7th, 2005 at 10:38 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Night Jiffy...rest sound! We will hold the fort down for ya....

Uh..wont we Cindy Faye????(auheeheehee)

#117090 November 7th, 2005 at 10:41 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I tried that, Vanessa...offered to take charge of the forum so Bill could go on a much needed vacation. They weren't buying it. laugh lala

Is that something you learned tonight????
Tonight I learned not to stick my fingers in the mixer beaters when making mashed potatoes. :rolleyes:

#117091 November 7th, 2005 at 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> I tried that, Vanessa...offered to take charge of the forum so Bill could go on a much needed vacation. They weren't buying it. laugh kissies i would have thought you had learned that much earlier in life!

#117092 November 7th, 2005 at 10:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
i would have thought you had learned that much earlier in life!
Well... nutz
actually I did...but I need a refresher course every now and then!
lala

#117093 November 7th, 2005 at 10:56 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Hi guys.....just a quick drop in. I am so beat. I have been sick for over a week. I am trying to get back into a normal swing but whenever I have an extra five minutes, I fall asleep. How long is the flu suppose to last anyway? I think I would rather try to tape a popsicle stick to a finger on myself.

My poor family, I am so crabby. I keep apologizing but still I turn right around and get crabby again. I am going to the doc this week. I still have a temp around 100.

A really good friend of mine just got out of the hospital after being there for 2 months. He is on kidney dialisis and all this because of a hobo spider (aka brown recluse) bite.

We had snow 2 days ago. It didn't stay thankfully. That really made me want to stick my head under the covers. However my super petunias and golden pansies are still blooming like crazy. Weird weather.

Ok....done whining now....I think.....maybe.....

#117094 November 7th, 2005 at 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by Fernie:
Ok....done whining now....I think.....maybe.....
kissies but you weren't whining! we were wondering where you were, so seeing you here was a good thing. and now, we know why you've been missing! and, now we can say a prayer for you. i've heard of the flu (the "real" thing) taking 2-3 weeks to get over, so please be very careful and don't push yourself too hard. good you are going to the dr tomorrow. let us know what they say, ok?

#117095 November 7th, 2005 at 11:03 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I keep apologizing but still I turn right around and get crabby again.
Fernie, that's acceptable behavior for women even if they aren't sick!
(...or it SHOULD be!)

Sorry you're feeling bad. The flu is bad... frown
I never get a flu shot...and always get the flu. nutz
Duh! shocked

Cindy faye

#117096 November 7th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
[...I never get a flu shot...and always get the flu. nutz
Duh! shocked

Cindy faye
cindy, the one and only time i got a flu shot, i was sick for 3 weeks. haven't had the flu that bad since, and haven't had another flu shot! frown won't get one either frown frown

#117097 November 7th, 2005 at 11:09 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
The only flu shot I ever got was back in the late 70's...remember the big "Swine Flu" scare? laugh

oink oink

#117098 November 7th, 2005 at 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yepper do! laugh laugh now it is bird flu... be careful... last flu shot i got was in the early 90's. my grandmother wouldn't get her's if i didn't get one. regret that deal for sure!

#117099 November 7th, 2005 at 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know quite a few people that get really sick either from the flu shot, or they get the flu anyway...

My mom and dad just got theirs....then again dad will be 75 so I guess it's good he gets it every year....

I don't think I'll ever get the shot...heard too many things about it.

And oh, BTW.... wavey Howdy Ya'll!!!! kissies

#117100 November 7th, 2005 at 11:23 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
now it is bird flu...
I worry about that because of Lola... sca
I dreamed the other night that some "officials" came here to get her to kill her because bird flu was here.

I watch too much CNN..... :rolleyes:

#117101 November 7th, 2005 at 11:30 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I always get the flu just before the new shots come out. But this is the worst I have had in years. And I am not a nice sick person. I am snarly and snappy and do not (repeat, do not)want to be nursed back to health. I just want to crawl off into my corner and be left alone. But I never get that. My family can't seem to cook or do household chores without me. I deserve that one I suppose for being a perfectionist. Atleast they don't try to feel sorry for me to my face anymore.....after I nearly gave them distemper with those snarls and snaps!!! Yep, not a nice sick person at all.

I am off to bed again. I am living in pj's practically. I am going to go watch football and see the post game show on the bedroom tv so I don't have to deal with my husband's remote fetish and he has to flip the remote during the commercials. Even after years he hasn't noticed that nearly every network schedules ads around the same time. So we get to flip through 1001 commercials and then come back right after some good or crucial play.

I promise.....no more whining! I can't hardly stand myself.

#117102 November 7th, 2005 at 11:33 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Anybody out there wanna take Peanut on for the night???????? AARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

There I go doing that pirate thing again! The boy is making me so tired!!!!!!!!!! eek

#117103 November 7th, 2005 at 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But this is the worst I have had in years. And I am not a nice sick person.
kissies Sorry that you are so sick Fernie! kissies

I get whiney when I'm sick.....usually I'll just do what my mom did when I was little--stay up in bed and watch TV and drink a ton of water....

I hope you feel better soon...The flu is horrible....I can handle most of it, but it's the feeling like I've been run over by a truck & aches and pains that get me....

#117104 November 7th, 2005 at 11:38 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Fernie...I feel so bad because all this time I thought you were away visiting...somebody...I never imagined you were sick! I sure hope you get back to your ol' perky self real soon! kissies

#117105 November 7th, 2005 at 11:39 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Howdy Lozie Lou...! wavey

#117106 November 7th, 2005 at 11:44 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
so I don't have to deal with my husband's remote fetish and he has to flip the remote during the commercials. Even after years he hasn't noticed that nearly every network schedules ads around the same time. So we get to flip through 1001 commercials
I don't have to deal with that anymore! thumbup

#117107 November 7th, 2005 at 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey Right back at cha wavey

#117108 November 7th, 2005 at 11:47 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I get whiney when I'm sick.....
When I'm sick I try to act like I'm not... nutz
...even when I'm dying! eek
I guess I feel like they're gonna kick me if they know I'm down. :rolleyes:

#117109 November 7th, 2005 at 11:53 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
He'd like it at my house!
Don't you know it!!! The only toys the child has EVER played with are the ones you get him! Can you imagine a night of him & Lola.......... nutz

But don't tempt me!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

#117110 November 7th, 2005 at 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> When I'm sick I try to act like I'm not... kissies

night y'all, for real this time, the chocolate cake is out of the oven, finally!

#117111 November 7th, 2005 at 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Road trip to Jiffys for chocolate cake!!!! grinnnn

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard