This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#116794 June 24th, 2005 at 09:00 PM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
For those of you who don't know of my latest misadventures ASK CINDY!!! Its her fault-- she's the one who sent "Murphy" to my house!! laugh laugh
But the guy is here now instead of after five like he said!!!!
YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! clp clp clp

#116795 June 24th, 2005 at 09:30 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Its her fault-- she's the one who sent "Murphy" to my house!!
Hey...send Murphy back over here! eek
It's too normal here today!

(I can't handle "normal"!) grinnnn

Cindy Sue

#116796 June 24th, 2005 at 09:51 PM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT!!!
My water is either a MAJOR busted pipe or its been leaking a LOT LONGER than I thought :p frown :p
frown

The guy says that there's water about four inches deep under my house... Its been seeping out all the way back to the back yard. I thought it was wet cause the dogs kept dumpin' their water pan out... Man I hate this...

#116797 June 24th, 2005 at 10:46 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
shk

I was gone when you posted this.

Did you find out anything?

Is it fixed???

#116798 June 24th, 2005 at 11:25 PM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
No, the guy had to go get a pump to pump out the water so he can get in just to find the leak... this house is somewhere between 1700 & 1800 square feet and most all of that space is about 6 inches deep in water underneath the house. I think this is one time I'm glad I have a conventional foundation!!!
But on the bright side-- I put the pump hose in my gladiola & azalea bed and now they are getting a good watering!!! laugh laugh laugh

#116799 June 25th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
Meg Offline
Oh my..

Cindy, remember my emergency? shk

That was awful.. not a single bloody plumber wants your business here.. they all have a full customer base and don't care to take on new clients. So much for all the new folks in town, eh? We got lucky, finally to get one.

FYI, if you plan to build a house, make sure that when you put your water main thru the wall, that you leave something around it as a "cushion" of sorts, so that when the house settles, in say, oh, 10 years.. it doesn't snap the pipe at the house. frown

Meg

#116800 June 25th, 2005 at 01:59 AM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
Well-- after flooding the east side of my yard and 1/3 of the front of the yard and watering the azaleas and glads to the point of floating away(about two and a half hours approx.) the water is finally pumped from under the house...
Now he can go under and find the leak... :rolleyes:
I guess I can't complain-- he's kinda workin on this on the side while he's on his other job just to help me out cause I told him I'm having a big gathering here tomorrow so he wants to be sure he can get it fixed in time...

#116801 June 25th, 2005 at 02:27 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cindy, remember my emergency?
Oh, yeah!

Tricia...
I feel sorry for you when you get your water bill. I hope they make an adjustment for you, but when I had a bad leak they wouldn't do that because it was on my side of the meter. There was no indication anywhere that we had a leak until the day I checked the mail, looked at the water bill on the way back to the house, and just about passed out when I saw it...$142.00! shk

Cindy

#116802 June 25th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh yeah,
All I had to do was let them know about the leak and they told me they would make an adjustment. I thinks its because I'm not on the sewer part of the association. We have a tank. So they can adjust the bill. He just got through fixing it a few minutes ago. But there was so much water that had to be pumped out from under the house that a big portion of my front and the whole east side yard is like a bog now. frown And remember-- the sun doesn't get to the east side because its the only side that is shaded!!! :p

#116803 June 25th, 2005 at 05:17 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Did he charge you out the lala ?

#116804 June 25th, 2005 at 06:17 AM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
$250.00 (UGHHH!!) parts and labor and that included having to rent that water pump to pump out the water...

#116805 June 25th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Tricia you got a bargan around here that would have cost at least a grand. Like with Meg you have to have an appointment if you can find a plumber then the first thing they want is to check your bank acct. to see how they can bankrupt you or so it seems. I do my own plumbing repair. If my son finds out I have a problem he will send a plumber. Hope he fixed it not just patch it for future work.
Jimmy

#116806 June 25th, 2005 at 07:27 AM
Its time like this I am grateful to have my own well in the back yard! No water bill. My god I water my flowers for like 4 hours a day! My husband would shoot me for a water bill like that! Sorry to hear bout your troubles. Glad they are fixed. And I would say that was a bargin on the price!

#116807 June 25th, 2005 at 08:46 AM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, I gotta say it really was a good deal... Its just that when you have something so unexpected come up like that it really bites!!!
JV-- he did a real good job with it. I was checkin on him from time to time and he was doing it right. There really was no way to patch it cause it was a piece of old cast iron pipe that just deteriorated... My husband was pleased with the job so I'm cool!!

Link Copied to Clipboard