This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#116786 November 5th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
We started a tradition many years ago for Christmas. Everyone is Turkied & hammed out...so we have a huge fish frye on Christmas Eve.
When my grandparents were alive we always had a big snack~a~thin on Christmas eve...meat & cheese & veggie trays. Plenty of Christmas bon bons...pots of Bar~B~que deer meat for sandwiches...man it was great.
Now that my family is pretty much all gone..we do the fish frye with hubby's family. Every one is more than ready for it by that time!

#116787 November 25th, 2005 at 09:36 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
How did your "Different Thanksgiving" go Vanessa???

#116788 November 27th, 2005 at 07:00 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa I am right there with you on the christmas thing bah humbug I don't do it at all anymore. First Christmas after Billie died my son ask to put a tree up in her honor which we did last tree I have put up. do not do that Holiday well at all.
Jimmy

#116789 November 27th, 2005 at 11:02 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Man the week~end was great...will have to give you all more specific details tomorrow...I am pretty whooped and have to get the P~Nut in bed....

#116790 November 27th, 2005 at 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome home,Nessa!

Can't wait to hear about your holiday kissies

#116791 November 27th, 2005 at 08:53 PM
Meg Offline
That's great to hear Vanessa.. I'm so glad it turned out so well for you.

I'm sitting at my inlaws still, on fil's pc. We'll be heading home later today. I haven't gotten her bulbs planted, as the damn cold weather hit just before we traveled.. brrrrr it's cold out there! I will suffer this morning tho, just to get it done for her before we leave. I have 2 crown imperials, 3 cyclamen, and 10 double snowdrops that I got for her.

I'll be anxiously awaiting word on this wonderful thanksgiving you had!

#116792 November 28th, 2005 at 12:08 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, our goal was to get the kids all together at the same time...it has been about 6 or 7 years since the have seen each other.
Thursday we made excellent time traveling. We met at the hotel unloaded and then headed to my Aunts house, she is the same age as my sis...so the 3 of us have always been close. We left there and went to eat a bite...we were starving.Drove around and looked at the wonderful Christmas lights for about an hour, Got back to the hotel and decided to wear the babies out swimming. Got to the poll (it was COLD)but they were having a blast...until...Peanut threw up in the pool! It was the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed...man...you should of seen people running over each other to get out of the water.
nephew and they decided to surprise us and cook a Thanksgiving meal for us on Friday. We were shocked!
So,Friday...we went to lunch at the pub where my neice works, went to the cemetary where my mom, dad, brother & grandparents are burried and cleaned and put Christmas flowers out.
Went to my nephew's for the evening meal and it was just awsome! He is an "organic" nut and was so PROUD of his organic turkey!!! The kids prepared a feast for us..my sis & I were quite sappy. We ended up staying, telling stories and laughing our heads off till almost midnight!
We met for breakfast at 10 Sat morning and then headed home.
We just got to spend some real quality time together. I had not met my nephew's fiance' so I got to spend a lot of time getting to know her...she is wonderful and he is smitten for sure! Every day was just great!!!!

But, I am glad to be home!

#116793 November 28th, 2005 at 12:21 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, all that and I forgot something! Friday we took the kids to the aquarium museum...it was GREAT! Every kind of critter imaginable...and some you couldn't imagine! They had the tube you could walk through to see the sharks swimming all around you. they have 2 bull sharks that are know around the world because they are the largest in captivity. It was kind of freaky...
They have a "feeding" schedule in one of the bigger tanks and we were lucky to get to see it. A couple of divers drop into the tank and hand feed a variety of fish. they also have a few open tanks that they will let you touch some of the fish.
I can tell you one thing for sure..it made me know for sure that I will NEVER swim anywhere that I cannot see my feet! Man...some of the critters are just scary!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard