This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#116706 July 10th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't know if any of you are still up this late, but we are in need of some fast prayers here!

My Ex is rather drunk and on a nasty, bust-up-the-house rampage against his girlfriend. I heard him at it over the phone when she called me in hysterics. She doesn't want me to phone the police because of his past record.

So she is calling her mom who lives about 10 minutes away to come get her, Maxi, and her little 3 year old, DJ. Her mom will come, I know. It's just a matter of getting them all out of the house quickly enough.

So pray fast and hard, and I'll let you know what's up.

Merme

#116707 July 10th, 2005 at 10:12 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Oh MERME...how frightening...have them bring Maxi home IMMEDIATELY!!!
Please let us know he is safe....

#116708 July 10th, 2005 at 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prayers coming out fast and furious Merme....Hope her mom gets there fast to get the little ones out of harms way--the girlfriend too.....

#116709 July 10th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Oh forgive me...I did mean I want them ALL out of there...Maxi was just all I could think of at the moment!!! Yes...franic prayers!

#116710 July 10th, 2005 at 10:19 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm praying he passes out. He is just beligerant enough to insist Maxi stay with him since Maxi isn't Christine's son. If I don't hear from them in the next few minutes, I'm going to call the police regardless of what she says about it later.
If Edward doesn't want to do time in jail, then he needs to behave rather than to bully everyone else around him into covering for him, you know?

Merme

#116711 July 10th, 2005 at 10:22 AM
Oh, Merme. What a situation to be in. Prayers sent.

#116712 July 10th, 2005 at 10:25 AM
frown I'm so sorry Merme,and yes I will pray for Maxi's safety.

Call the police!!!

#116713 July 10th, 2005 at 10:27 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
You are exactly right Merme...their safety is your first concern...

#116714 July 10th, 2005 at 10:46 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
FINALLY, I talked her into calling her mom back and getting out of there while he is passed out!

She'd called her mom once and her mom wanted to come right away, of course, but then Christine talked herself out of the need to leave.

So I threw a fit over the phone about it and insisted she call her mom back and bring my son home tonight!

So that's what they are going to do.

Then she was going on and on and on about all the reasons she couldn't leave (doesn't know where the keys are, etc., etc.,) and what might happen tomorrow when he wakes up and finds them all gone.

I told her the best advice anyone ever gave me when I was young and in an abusive marriage. A guy on a hotline said this:

DON'T THINK ABOUT WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IF YOU GO, THINK ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU STAY!

That remark got me out of the door fast and out of the marriage, I tell you!

So now she's thinking about insisting he go into a dry out program tomorrow at one of the local hospitals. I just explained very quietly that Maxi will NOT be coming on any more overnight visits UNLESS Edward does something to stop this madness.

My town is half an hour away by car and of course I don't drive. My friends who would go in the middle of the night to get Maxi live 40 minutes from me, plus the 30 minutes to Edwards plus all the driving back again.

It isn't fair to her or the boys, to me, to any of my friends to have to go on a trip like that late at night and face whoknowswhat from an out-of-control idiot.

Also, she told me he got into Maxi's prescription, which mixed with the alcohol has sent him into a particularly nasty chemically induced rage.

No more. It isn't going to happen again. He is either going to get help and go sober or he isn't going to see Maxi again.

Thanks for your prayers. I will post again when the kid arrives. It is just before midnight here, so I'm guessing he'll be home by around 12:30 or 12:45. If he isn't, I'm calling the National Guard!

Merme

#116715 July 10th, 2005 at 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call the National Guard if you have to Merme, just make sure little maxi gets home to you safe and sound.....

It's hard to change a drinking man....very, very hard...he's gonna have to want to change for himself....if he's a true alcoholic then it's a disease that is so tough to beat. I hope for his and Maxis sake he gets the help he needs so Maxi can continue a relationship with his dad.....But if he doesn't change I don't blame you one bit for not letting him stay over there anymore. Drinking can really turn some people really nasty and mean....

#116716 July 10th, 2005 at 11:03 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Merme all my prayers are with you for Maxi's safe return home and your Ex to get the help he must have. All my Love and prayers. angell
Jimmy

#116717 July 10th, 2005 at 11:18 AM
Let us know when Maxi gets home safe and sound. He should not have to go through that! Its not fair! frown

#116718 July 10th, 2005 at 11:38 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
flw flw MAXI'S HOME! MAXI'S HOME! flw flw

He just got in the door a few minutes ago. He is very upset, of course, but he is okay otherwise.

So now he's in my bed where he'll be asleep in about half a second. My desk is immediately outside of my bedroom door so we can see one another.

Anyway, she stood in my kitchen a total wreck, the little one in the car wearing his undies and a t-shirt all upset crying for daddy, her mom bleary eyed, hauled out of bed to make this midnight run after calming down her husband not to go over and beat the tar out of Edward, and SHE'S WORRIED ABOUT POOR EDWARD'S FEELINGS IN THE MORNING!

I'm so glad I was able to close and lock my front door, see my son safely into bed and I'm free to not deal with any of it any more.

She has yet to go home and clean up the destroyed apartment, clean up the disgusting mess he made and deal with him too. I begged her to go to her mom's for the night and to NOT return to the apartment. Just be safe for one night, one night.

Why is it so hard to reach some abused women?

ters

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR EMERGENCY PRAYERS!

Merme

#116719 July 10th, 2005 at 11:40 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...sorry I wasn't here, Merme.

kissies

#116720 July 10th, 2005 at 11:50 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Okay, I can sleep now...I was WORRIED about Maxi! I am so thankful he is HOME, SAFE & with his mamma!!!! thumbup

#116721 July 10th, 2005 at 11:54 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
angell Thank God he is home safe . Now you and him both can get some rest. Maxi is safe so I will go to bed see you tomorrow. smile
Jimmy

#116722 July 10th, 2005 at 12:06 PM
Meg Offline
Oh, I am soooo soooo glad Maxi is HOME with you now. He doesn't need to be around that kind of mess, and I'd be freaking out if my kid had to see or be around that. I was so worried when I saw your post.. I was almost afraid to read on. I'm glad he's home now, and I hope that when Edward is done sleeping it off, he realizes he screwed up, and seeks out help he needs. It's about the only way it'll work.

Ok, my eyes are blurry.. it's waaaaay waaaay past my bedtime, and I'd fallen asleep on the couch for a bit, and woke up a few minutes ago, and decided to try reading a bit here. Big mistake... it draws ya in!

G'night! Sweet dreams Merme, all..
Meg

#116723 July 10th, 2005 at 12:07 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
The poor child is having a rough time of it tonight. This mess has apparently triggered his sleep disturbances again. He's been out of bed a bunch of times already and when he drifts off, he's troubled in his dreams.

I RESENT his father for putting him through such things.

Merme

#116724 July 10th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, Maxi is finally into a deeper sleep.

We had to have some Mommy and son talk time. I reminded him that he could tell God all about his fears, wishes and hopes for everyone in this situation, then close his eyes and go to sleep knowing that God would be watching over everyone all night long. That in the morning there would be plenty of time to think and talk.

He said "Maybe sleep WOULD help me feel better!" agreeable as always to believe me again.

It can be frightening to consider how much a child trusts what a parent says!

But it is good to hear his regular, untroubled breathing, knowing he is having a quiet sleep.

Merme

#116725 July 10th, 2005 at 12:49 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
How about you Merme....you down from the adrenelin rush yet? Mother Bear mode is hard to recover from.

You asked earlier why you couldn't get through to some abused women. I can tell you, because I was one for 11 years.....I thought I could change him, I thought he needed me, I thought he would kill someone if I left, I thought I deserved it. Without getting help, even if she gets away from Edward, she will likely choose the same type of man again. It is sad, but she is as sick as he is.

Don't ever let her talk you out of calling the police again. He needs arrested and you need documentation so you can go to a lawyer and say, I want his visitation terminated. Abusive men are not easily cured or helped.

Still sending out prayers for you and Maxi, the girlfriend and even Edward.

#116726 July 10th, 2005 at 01:55 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, Fernie, everyone~

I'm still up because the crisis caused my blood sugar to drop too low and so I'm loading carbs and doing blood tests until I get stable. Don't wanna end up in the hospital by morning from all this nonsense.

There seems to be no end to the consequences Edward's destructive behavior causes and he never cares because he is never the one to pick up all the pieces and rebuild again....

Merme

#116727 July 10th, 2005 at 04:42 PM
Merme
Sorry I didn't see this post, I understand what you went through. As a child myself, I went
through all this. I am so glad Maxi is back home safe with you. I would certainly put my foot down with your ex husband. The thing is he will be full of apologises, and probably can't remember what happened. Well don't put up with it, it is affecting poor Maxi and you need to tell him. kissies

#116728 July 10th, 2005 at 07:30 PM
Merme ~ I am just reading this now, and am so very sorry you and Maxi had to go through this ordeal! Thank goodness Maxi is home safe and sound, and in the loving arms of his very caring mom - you two are very special people and deserve all the love and support that can be had.

Stay safe and sound... Lynne

#116729 July 10th, 2005 at 08:12 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Merme I too am extremly hypoglycemic. It does not take much to trigger a drop in sugar. I keep some chewable Glucose tabs. handi at all times they are fat ,sodium and caffeine free. When I feel an attack coming on I can eat one or two of these brings your level up pretty good. I also keep tubes of liquid Glucoes at all times. These come three tubes to a package I Have been paying $11.00 for three packs. The tabs are fairly cheap. You might look into these if you haven't already they will helop untill you can get sugar in take. I also eat a lot of natural honey and Sorgum Molasses. Just a thought what might help you. Give Maxi a hug for me.
Jimmy

#116730 July 10th, 2005 at 08:52 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone~

Maxi had a good night sleep finally.

We are not going to church this morning as we both had to sleep in. So we'll be spending some time doing the things we love to do and talking together as ever he feels the need to talk about last night and related issues.

JV, so you know all about low blood sugars too! I carry an emergency glucogon injection kit with me all the time because my hypoglycemic reactions are from the juvenile diabetes and they get pretty severe fast. I also have some of those tabs in my purse for when I'm out and about but at home it is better for me to eat something that will sustain the bloodsuger for a while rather than something that will wear off quickly. For me, that's milk as a first line of defense to boost me up quick followed by crackers or a half sandwich. I also keep cans of Ensure in the fridge for when I just can't put a bite of solid food in my mouth but still MUST take on the carbs.

By the way, we really enjoyed your Sugar Glider thread!

Merme

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard