This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11621 December 28th, 2003 at 05:32 PM
tamara Offline OP
OP Offline
I.m looking for a tall plant for my entrance, any ideas on how hard a ficus is to grow?

#11622 December 28th, 2003 at 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oooh... i have heard every thing from very hard to very easy and everything in the middle! go to the houseplant section and then do a forum search. you will get lots of ideas and information from it. I think the main thing is to make sure it has a good source of light and is turned regularly to keep leaf drop from the side that is closest to the wall.

#11623 December 29th, 2003 at 08:15 PM
Tamara, you may want to look into ANYTHING BUT a ficus!! :rolleyes:
Now, don't get me wrong, I love ficus, have had one for years, but I call it my "drama queen" plant! laugh
They are very fussy -
If they don't like their location, they drop their leaves.
If you change their location, they drop their leaves.
If they get too warm, they drop their leaves.
If they get a draft, they drop their leaves.
If they get too dry, they drop their leaves.
If they get too wet, they drop their leaves.
If you look at them the wrong way, they drop their leaves. (okay, I'm kidding on this one, but it's almost that bad :rolleyes: )

Now, if the conditions are just perfect, they are a beautiful, fairly low maintenance plant! But oftentimes, the process of trying to figure out those perfect conditions leaves you with a leafless plant! Duh

Nikkal

Link Copied to Clipboard