This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#116173 July 26th, 2005 at 12:50 AM
Swendy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone!! I have been actively gardening for 5 years. Up until I moved back in October I also played with water gardening...I hope to get back into that by next summer though. I currently have about 20 different varities of hostas, 5 hibiscus (2 tropical, 3 hardy), a mixture of daylilies and iris', a couple different varieties of helleborus, and others that I'm sure will be mentioned later. My gardening has been slow since the move because the current flower beds are too small shk I definitely hope to get some new ideas from the boards.

#116174 July 26th, 2005 at 02:39 AM
O
O
Welcome Swendy! There's lots of Virginia gardeners here and plenty of others who are willing to help also.

#116175 July 26th, 2005 at 03:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to have you here with us all!!!!

If your beds are small you could always do a lot of container gardening too....I have a good bit of planting room, but I still have potted plants all of the place too!!!!

Welcome to the forum, see you around!

Laura

#116176 July 26th, 2005 at 03:38 AM
Swendy Offline OP
OP Offline
I actually have a bunch of potted plants. I have managed too keep my geraniums, petunias, and begonias through the last winter so many pots are full with them (I had to seperate the ones with multiple plants because they were too big for the pots they were in). I also have hanging baskets galore. Once the weather cools down a bit (over 100 with heat index) I plan on extending and creating some new space. My husband wasn't too thrilled with the last 5 pots that I got, more pots are out the window for now.

#116177 July 26th, 2005 at 03:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL.....My husband isn't thrilled with all of my pots either....he always has to move them to get the mower out, and run the weedeater around them........Oh well, I tell him the backyard is like my room.....and I pretty much do what I want...he mows, I garden....pretty fair trade off....

And I know just how you feel in that heat...I'm in MD and it's hot, humid, and hazy here today too.....not fun! I'm just hoping for some storms to come through and cool us down....

I hope that you'll be around the forum often!!! I like your signature line BTW....

Laura

#116178 July 27th, 2005 at 03:50 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi & Welcome,

Glad your here. I'm in VA too and it sure is hot. I just harvested some portulaca and came in dripping wet. Oh well it'll get better I hope lol. I'm trying to terrace my slope and that sure is fun. As an engineer I think I am a complete failure but what the hey. Live and learn right?

By the way I love to see pictures of plants so if you can do that would love to see before and afters.

#116179 July 27th, 2005 at 07:09 AM
Swendy Offline OP
OP Offline
tkhooper...I didn't think to do pictures of before and after, but I will definitely have to do that and share them. I think that trying and then redoing is the only way to get it done right. smile

#116180 July 27th, 2005 at 07:41 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I hope so cause I do a lot of redo lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard