This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#116155 July 15th, 2005 at 09:15 AM
OP Offline
I used to write...a lot. I haven't written a stitch in at least a year, or two. I've been coming back to this forum, as scantily clad as it may be right now wink and reading, and getting the umph back. (Thanks Carly) It's an important umph for me...sometimes it's my only outlet - so thanks for putting this forum here.

I thought I might put up some of my older stuff, for now. I don't really write in a particular style, at least not most of the time. Most of my stuff is dark or heavy -- or both.

Here goes nuttin.

#116156 July 16th, 2005 at 05:22 AM
I used to write a lot, too, Mary. Going through depression stopped me from putting pen to paper because it hurt so many that read my poems. I am still striving to get that "spark" back.

Dianna

#116157 July 16th, 2005 at 06:35 AM
OP Offline
Exactly, for me too. Unfortunately I write most when I'm down in the dumps. I like writing though, and have a bunch of stuff I wrote that even I thought was good (yaknow how rare THAT is!) It's on my old computer that I dont really have access too...but I've been thinking about writing some new stuff, so this is good. Well, sorta wink

#116158 July 19th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I used to write alot of poems when I was a
young teen~thru almost up to my middle 30's....
and then had a kid, and gardens' and a sick
dad and then mother moved and another kid
and geeshhhhhhhh, who's got time now???

Let alone find a pencil and a straight piece
of paper....

But I have to admit, it was a great release
to put those words/feelings down and get over
and I really mean, get over some heart ache...
and lookin' back on it now, I'm glad I did..

I have to admit, I've been so deliourously happy here, I don't write much other than gardening
answers now...I'll have to dig my bags out that I have stashed somewhere'ssssssss around thumbup writings crit goin' cool on here!!!!

#116159 July 21st, 2005 at 08:37 PM
This poetry forum is an excellent idea.

If anybody needs help or ideas on where to send their work for publication, lemme' know - I keep an ongoing writers' market list for my forum members and am in touch with some really good teachers of poetry.

Me, I'm still a novice and have been all my life -that's 'cause I'm always learning.

Poetry writing is good for depression, fighting tension, learning to express yourself.

It's true - some people don't like to read dark stuff, but still it's good to write it as a means of sorting yourself out.

Dreams are good material for poems - I think so, anyway. I tend to leave the analyzing part of dreams aside and just work on the images - that's where the guts of dream writing is.

Nature is wonderful for poetry - gardening works well too.

You don't have to write to 'form' - I only put those things up as a guide.

Rictameter for instance - it's good for training yourself to be concise.

I only started writing by traditional rules a couple of years ago - I used to swear I'd never do it, it was strictly free-style for me. But once I got going, I couldn't stay away from it.

Even so, I still like to sit down and write free style - just slap 'er on the page and see how it looks, then try to give it some shape.

Link Copied to Clipboard