This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11606 March 9th, 2003 at 06:11 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Our neighbors deck towers above our privacy fence. We have two beautiful pussy willows along our fence-line, but are not positioned to hide our "peeping toms". We would love to have these moved to block their view. Can estalished pussy willows be moved?

#11607 March 9th, 2003 at 04:30 PM
R
R
Gardenerwannabe
How big are these established pussy willows?
Almost anything can be moved. They have to be dormant when you do. There are trucks that can move fairly large trees sucessfully. What you can do depends alot on how big they are, and what you are willing to spend. Almost every plant is as big underground as it is above ground.
Rick

#11608 March 9th, 2003 at 06:41 PM
F
F
I had to chuckle when i read your post about "peeping toms".
I'm a builder and quite often people get mad when I build a new home next door to theirs. They almost always plant Leyland Cypress to block the view! Leyland Cypress can grow 3 or 4 ft a year and stay green all year.
I'm not sure they will grow that far north, but here in SC everybody grows them to block their neighbors out or to block out anything undesireable!
It use to bother me when people put out their leyland cypress trees as i start to build a new home in their neighborhood, but it doesn't bother me anymore. I figure if a person buys in a subdivision, they have to expect to have neighbors sooner or later! Now, i didn't say that to mean that u don't have a problem!! I like my privacy too!

I've got one neighbor that rides his 4 wheeler around in the woods behind our home. I caught him one time peeping thru the trees, spying on us. Next time i might have to "moon" him... LOL! gardendreamer03@aol.com

Link Copied to Clipboard