This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11579 January 1st, 2003 at 07:08 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. Hopefully someone can help.
I have had this crown of thorns for about 6 years, it is now getting kind of tall with the midsection to top of the plant having leaves. I would like to trim it back and root the cuttings. How do I do that? Also, on the parent plant, will new shoots come out of the stems and continue to grow. Or will I kill it? Thanks for your help. confused

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Jeffrey,

Yes, you can prune back your crown of thorns. New growth will emerge just below the point where you cut the stems back to.

Three inch tip cuttings can be propagated by letting the cut tips dry over night in the open air. Then insert them a bit into a very porous, slightly damp potting mix. Provide warm temps (70 - 75 degrees) and bright, but indirect light until the roots are well established.

B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B

Link Copied to Clipboard