This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11577 August 13th, 2003 at 09:58 AM
J
JAKE Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Looking for another bit of help here. I have some columbines planted, and although they grow in abundance, the leaves seem to have a white "film" on them after a time. Any ideas as to what it is and solutions? I also wonder if it may be due to the hard water up here in Canada? Any ideas would be appreciated! smile

#11578 August 13th, 2003 at 10:29 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello JAKE!!!!
And Welcome to the Garden Helpers Forum!!!
Glad to have you on board. There's a great bunch of gardeners here at the forum, all very knowledgable and a friendly bunch to chat with, hope you'll stick around and get to know them all.
Your columbines have something called leaf miners in them,
Scroll to the top 'til the screen stops, under the word POST A REPLY there is a catagory Forum Search, type in Leaf Miner, it'll bring up a catagory, about mystery cutting, scroll a good ways down, about 3/4 the way down there's a picture of columbines with leaf miners that luvgardening posted. Is that about what it looks like?
Almost to the end I posted a site with some info on leaf miners.
Take a peek at that and let me know if that's what you have.
Hope this info helps!!!!
And Happy Gardening!!!
Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard