This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115724 December 22nd, 2005 at 04:30 AM
J
Jon Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I posted a separate thank you on the original thread, but I know it is back a bit and may be missed. (Thread was about a soldier in Korea.)

I've received a number of Christmas cards from good folks on this list. I never thought they would impact me the way that they did. I also know that there are some who thought to send a card and did not get to - or you sent it to another soldier, which is GOOD!

Those cards hit me where it counted - and I want you to know how much they are appreciated it. It is too late for me to send a card in response, and I know that a card in response was not expected. But I want to come here and say THANK YOU!!!!! (yes, I'm shouting - shouting from the roof tops <grin>)

Let me share something that I see get done a lot over here. I attend a daily briefing - twice a day. The break room gets a lot of goodies put in it that are received from various groups in the states. I've seen a number of grown men gather round to read the simple notes that are put in by some. One young girl wrote "Dear soldier my name is .... and I am 13, and then told some various things to include "news from home" as she went on - she said "I hope you write me back, the last soldier did not." Unfortunately, she did not include her address in the letter. Another boy wrote "Dear soldier who is not dead yet" ... and his letter was passed around and chuckled over - - there was a lot of good humor in it. These letters touch - - but they did not touch me the way the cards that were sent to me from this list have touched me.

This is not the only e-list I am on - other types of discussion topics - but it is the ONLY list where people put their money where their mouth is - - and this Soldier says THANK YOU.

May each of you have a very blessed Christmas or Hannuka or Yuletide as the case may be, and a happy new year.

Jon

#115725 December 22nd, 2005 at 04:46 AM
Jon, thank YOU and the rest of our military for protecting our freedom!

Dianna

#115726 December 22nd, 2005 at 04:59 AM
Jon,

If it were not for you and all of your fellow soldiers, we would not have the freedom we do now. You all are a blessing in our lives. I pray you all are safe over the holidays.

#115727 December 22nd, 2005 at 07:58 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Jon...it is us that owes you the HUGE thank you! I hope you can share with your fellow solders the gratitude we have for all you guys are doing for us..we hold you in our daily thoughts and prayers!
God bless you and keep you safe till you return home!

~V~ kissies

#115728 December 22nd, 2005 at 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jon, thank you... the military is the backbone of america, and without you and folks like you, there would be no military. by the way, will you pm me your address?

#115729 December 23rd, 2005 at 01:04 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Jon glad you enjoyed the cards. Hopefully next year we will get a bunch more names. I'm getting ready to do the Saturday buy discount christmas cards shopping trip. They are down to 1.50 a box here already. So even a fixed income goes a long way. And I love sending out christmas cards. It really adds to my christmas cheer.

Enjoy the holidays. I think of you all always.

Link Copied to Clipboard