This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115439 June 2nd, 2005 at 11:44 PM
E
OP Offline
E
going nuts cuz I couldn't get in here,lol. That and planting. I got alot put in while I could. I put in marigolds around the bird bath, now I just have to find something that will go higher than the bath. I've planted gladiola orchids, freesia. oxalis, verbena, nicotina, gazana
snap dragons, salvia. those are in my flower bed along with my red rubium lilys, bee balm, lavendar, a climbing rose for the fence- I train it to go along the top. I have tiny spots where I know nothing will spread, so I will find little pretties for that.
My veg garden is doing pretty well. , roma and beefsteaks are doing very well. lettuce and the rest of the salad stuff is up and going, time to start another spot of that. Red bell peppers and jalepeno peppers are doing very well.
The herbs are nice. I have 2 french tarragons, 2 kinds of basil. thyme, sage, greek oregano, rosemary. summer savory. and a few others. they are all doing well. Just put in some white marigolds around the whole veg/herb garden.
My rose spot, well I lost 2, so today I replanted it. got a blue girl and a gene boerners, its as nice pink. I jsut hope I did right by taking off the yellow leaves and making sure it had enough air going thru the plants. The replacements have green and a few buds on them. Not what I like but ats ok.
Well I really love being back. I have missed this place alot.
Hope everyones gardens are doing well.
wink
Elfinone

#115440 June 3rd, 2005 at 04:01 AM
yea I hear ya on going crazy without this site!!! lol my plants are doing pretty good...I planted a TON of zinnia seeds the other day and they are up already!! I can't wait to see them bloom!! I'm gonna be having TONS of seeds to share from them lol. I also have ambrosia corn to plant too. never grew corn before lol. I have a rose bush that is looking fantastic. it was just sticks when I got it for 1.99 at big lots. it has leaves and buds on it and one of the buds is opening!! it's pink looking :-) I can't wait till it opens all the way! this is my first ever rose bush. I had a couple of miniature roses but they died :-( I have 2 other rose bushes but haven't gotten them planted yet though...not enough dirt and not enough money to buy any dirt right now!! lol.

#115441 June 3rd, 2005 at 02:43 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Hopefully the bulbs I just planted will have more of them so I can share them. these white marigolds are pretty. I had never seen white ones before.
This year with things as busy as they are most of the stuff I did from starter plants. I used to start seeds indoors til I got Sophie kitty. She pretty much destroied all my seedlings last year. so I will figure out how to do seeds again, some how. I am thinkin thats where one of those break down green houses will come in.
I love watching that one rose grow. I planted 3 from the beginning, then when I had to replace I was stuck getting two that were all ready growing. I didn't like that option, so I guess my challenge will be next spring to see if I did it right,lol.
Tomorrow I go to the cabin, and see aobut planting more there. I am going armed with miracle grow to feed whats there all ready. I am going to wait til the boat is up and growing before I take pics of that. I love my boat planter,lol.
Good morning btw, I hope your day is a good one.
wink

#115442 June 3rd, 2005 at 10:40 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
I know how you feel still shaking from GardenHelper withdrawal. I was told it is a very caontagious type of DT's caused by plants. Elfinone yes you did right to pick off the yellow leaves hope you put them in the trash and not back on the ground. I always pick off all yellow leaves on rose's as well as my Hibiscus was told this would help prevent anything getting into the soil and causing the problem to go in a cycle. wish we had a shaky graemlin.
Jimmy

#115443 June 3rd, 2005 at 10:58 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi JV

It is so good to see you posting. How is Patsy doing? Looked at all your plants over in the other post, they all look so health and alive. I love it. Believe it or not the dwarfs had went dormant and they are all starting to come back with some color. It's a slow process but it's happening. I'm glad I didn't pitch them. I did think about it but couldn't bring myself to do it. So I'll keep praying over them and telling them all about you in the hopes that one of them will sprout some new growth so I can send it off to its new home. I haven't given up and I won't. Have a great day.

#115444 June 6th, 2005 at 04:03 PM
E
OP Offline
E
thanks JV, I dead head everything and do not ever toss the old ones in the same ground. But those roses, whew I am learning these.
so far so good they are still here,lol. I have to give them a good drink of fertilzer this morning., one requires watering in the morning. so they will all get it in the morning,lmao.
this week I am getting hibiscus for the deck. I love those, want to plant them so I can winter them over for next year in the house. so nice to have that rare bloom indoors in the dead of winter around here.
wink

#115445 June 6th, 2005 at 04:10 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Elfinone,
Did you ever take pictures of your boat planter?
Or the stages you go thru to get it planted??

I would love to see some pictures, sounds like
a cute project..

#115446 June 6th, 2005 at 04:18 PM
E
OP Offline
E
had planned on doing that this weekend. but we had a slight problem of the landlord at the cabin, see we rent the land own the cabin type thing, anyway he had some fly by nights cut a 90' cottonwood down and just drop it. so we spent the weekend cleaning up that instead of doing what we had planned. I will bring the digi camera down in two weeks, next weekend we have to go to cincinnati.
so far I have on the back. a huge cardinal flower, the calla lilys are just coming up, they are but maybe 2" tall now. I have japanese fern on the far side.
then I slapped in some oxalis between the salvia, I have red geraniums and begonias, and a bit of creeping phlox so far thats all thats in this 4 seater boat. the hostas are doing very well in front of it. and I stuck the last japanese fern onthe back side of the last hosta.
I have been tryin hard to find double impatin(sp) but for the life of me I can't seem to find those.
Took us two days to clear that tree, I am pretty played out right now.
wink

#115447 June 6th, 2005 at 04:25 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Impatiens rose Parade Hybrid Series

Burpees has the seeds for these. I don't know if that helps.

#115448 June 6th, 2005 at 04:33 PM
E
OP Offline
E
thanks tk. I will keep that in mind. will find em to,lol.
wink

Link Copied to Clipboard