This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115417 December 25th, 2005 at 12:29 AM
OP Offline
Every time I log on, I see that countdown at the top of the Forum page...and it stresses me out. shk Oh how I wish my nerves would just calm down. Good thing I stocked up at the beer store and liquor store! laugh
Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to have my entire family over...I've even been practicing "Santa Baby" by Ertha Kitts to perform for the family, but at the same time, I'm still aiming for perfection rather than completion. I'm nuts! nutz
Is anyone else feeling the stress of the holidays?
Sure hope Santa leaves me some bubble bath, candles and wine! wink
Christina

#115418 December 25th, 2005 at 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Christina, I bet your dinner goes fantastic thumbup

#115419 December 25th, 2005 at 01:27 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Is anyone else feeling the stress of the holidays?
If you could see me right now you'd call the proper authorities grinnnn

Cindy G. [Linked Image]

#115420 December 25th, 2005 at 02:41 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I guess that's a blessing about being alone on Christmas. I don't have to stress about being perfect. I wonder what a perfect holiday looks like. Do you think it would be boring without that special flippit that the booboos always add?

#115421 December 25th, 2005 at 03:32 AM
OP Offline
Oh yes, it sure is a blessing and I'm truly grateful for that! It's just that I have a silly anxiety disorder and it's these busy times where I find it hardest to cope. I'm well aware it's my own crazy brain but trying to convince a person with an anxiety/panic disorder is like talking to a wall. It gets the "worse of me at the best of times".
Tammy, how I wish you lived closer...my door would be wide open for you! That is if you bring me some cinnamon basil. wink Merry Christmas Tammy!
Christina

#115422 December 25th, 2005 at 03:55 AM
I'm very excited to have my entire family over...I've even been practicing "Santa Baby" by Ertha Kitts to perform for the family,
Oh, you are so CUTE!!!!! I can just see you doing that too! thumbup Hang in there , kid, it's almost over and you and your family will have a ball!

#115423 December 25th, 2005 at 04:14 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'd love to bring you some cinnamon basil. I'm not sure the second plant is a basil though. It's growing sideways and the leaves aren't getting serrated. But I'll keep watching it. Maybe it's just lazy,lol, like me.

Good luck with your dinner.

#115424 December 25th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Tammy you and I are just going to have to move closer to each other that we we wouldn't be alone we could get together and have a good meal or day.
Jimmy

#115425 December 25th, 2005 at 06:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm well aware it's my own crazy brain but trying to convince a person with an anxiety/panic disorder is like talking to a wall.
You aren't alone Christina....I have anxiety/panic disorder too.....I understand what you're saying. kissies

#115426 December 25th, 2005 at 07:11 AM
OP Offline
Loz, I'm sorry you have an anxiety disorder but at the same time, it always feels good to hear I'm not alone. I don't talk about it much...I get embarassed about it - though I know I shouldn't.
I have a hard time going into stores let alone around Christmas! There's been times where I had to leave my cart and just walk out because of an attack. I always think I'm going crazy but a wise person once told me that those who are indeed crazy don't know they are, so if you think you are, you're okay! Whew, thank god! wink
Merry Christmas Loz!!
Christina

#115427 December 25th, 2005 at 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Christina wavey , I always felt alone too, and what you just put could be me to a tee...and I'm not kidding...I've fled from stores and restaurants before...The first panic attack I ever had I thought I was having a heart attack....so no, you aren't crazy(unless we both are laugh ), and you aren't alone....and there is shame and embarrassment that go with it--but there shouldn't be...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your dinner goes great, and the song too! thumbup

#115428 December 25th, 2005 at 07:23 AM
Hi fellow wierdees! I had a couple of panic attacks last year, the first time in ages, but when I was in my teens and early twenties I had them all the time. I once left a college algebra class because we had been asked to write an equation on the board, and then get up one at a time to explain the math. I panicked so bad that I jumped up and fled the room before I had to get up. I could tell you of other instances...and I still get very edgy, even angry, in crowded places. Maybe we're the normal ones after all!

#115429 December 25th, 2005 at 08:20 AM
ChristinaC ! I think it's wonderful you're blessing them with Santa Baby! cool Anxiety sneaks up on most of us during the holidays, Anxiety visits me in large busy crowds I don't do large shopping malls, even when there isn't a holiday....... Singing for your family will be so welcomed what a sweet idea the song is perfect just put your personality into it and you'll have the most fun kissies thumbup angell

#115430 December 25th, 2005 at 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
christina, there was a long thread a while (a year or so ago) where lots of us posted about anxiety/panic/depression. i think that is one of the things that makes this such a special place, we can all feel at home without being judged!

and, i am sure you will wow them with santa baby, and dinner will be perfect!

#115431 December 25th, 2005 at 11:28 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have a hard time going into stores let alone around Christmas! There's been times where I had to leave my cart and just walk out because of an attack.
shk I have posted that exact same thing!
Believe me, Christina, you are NOT alone!
Norman is right...
Maybe we're the normal ones after all!

#115432 December 25th, 2005 at 12:56 PM
Christina, I hope all goes well tomorrow. As a spouse of one with anxiety, I can say that your family will totally understand and will love all you have done for them. As I try and tell Dan all the time, It is ok, it is ok, it is ok, and so are you!!!

#115433 December 25th, 2005 at 01:59 PM
OP Offline
Wow!! You all made me feel so good! I've been to emerge a couple times becaue i swore "at that time", I was in fact having a heart attack..doc always tells me..."no, it's an anxiety attack", but when it happens, there's just no convincing me other wise...it's an overwhelming feeling of thinking the worse!! Tonight, I spent Christmas Eve at my mom's...it was an absolute riot...I felt great! Just hoping tomorrow will bring the same...I've found I bring some attacks on on my own...I've yet to learn how to stop them or better yet, prevent them. I suppose it takes time...maybe more beer! wink Thanks everyone..like I said, I don't talk about this often and to hear I'm not alone, makes me feel so good...so calm...which is out of the ordinary for me! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
Christina

#115434 December 25th, 2005 at 02:03 PM
They always tell me I'm drinking too much coffee -and that's most likely what it is. So I don't go anymore.

I've been gorging on chocolates this weekend - every gift we received was chocolates it seemed.

#115435 December 25th, 2005 at 02:29 PM
OP Offline
Here's my niece and I on Christmas Eve singin' and "groovin'. Ignore the beer bottle in my nieces hand...she was using it as a microphone...I told her that if a beer says "Light" on it, it means it isn't "real beer"...I don't want my nieces to know how much I actually enjoy a "cold" beverage from time to time. wink

[Linked Image]

#115436 December 25th, 2005 at 10:50 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Christina,

I bet everything is going great at your house. I know when I get to worrying I just look up and ask god to guide me. It calms me right down. And I remember something a home ec teacher said. "Soul food is one third ingredients, one third directions and one third prayer." I've been using that combination on just about everything as I get older. It's one third materials, one third elbow grease and one third prayer. And things work out much better than how they did before.

#115437 December 26th, 2005 at 03:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tk, that is too true!

and christina, i am sure your day is going much better than you imagined. hope it continues!

Link Copied to Clipboard