This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11497 September 27th, 2003 at 06:47 AM
S
seano Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have an Aloe plant that is on a fight for life. It still has a few strong offsetts. Can I transplant them? If so what is the process? Just wondering.

Thanks

#11498 September 27th, 2003 at 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cut off the offsets, taking as much root with them as possible. Using a small pot, place the offsets in a damp mix of equal parts of peat moss and perlite. Keep the mix barely damp until the roots are well-established

#11499 September 29th, 2003 at 04:47 PM
you'd be surprised how tough these little gems are.you can buy cactus potting mixes at walmart& such.but don't actually have too.I got a sickly aloe from my parents(4 plants crammed into a pint size pot,barely any soil)I potted mine in ground have sandy loam soil and just mixed in potting mix& peat moss(as I do everything).they ave recovered nicely and have gone from tannish/orange to a nice green since may.when you cut stems....let them calous over a week then pot up and will grow more plant.they like it hot& dry.I'll be digging mine soon to place in pot to bring indoors cause they are mainly water plant wise& don't like frost but i can carry out durring the day in my mild climate.your up north.I'd water them indoors about 2 cups water once a week.they go dormant in winter.so need less care then,just sit near window to get some good lighting.i'd try some super thrive(is basically vitemin b for plants) this will give them a boost.plants don't absorb fertilizer well with temps below 50 this way can give one dose and will get them on road to recovery& have all winter to recover.I'm guessing it took mine maybe 2 months to improve.you'd never know they looked so bad now if you looked at them(unless your my mom.....she wants to know why mine look better than hers....green thumb landed this way...opps flw )

Link Copied to Clipboard