This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#114900 August 7th, 2005 at 06:41 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Hi everyone, how are you? I'm new here and am from Ontario, Canada.

I'm in the process of writing a small book on gardening - I started 20 years ago when we moved to this house with a little backyard that was totally neglected. We've managed to create a little oasis back there with some shade trees, hostas, baby's breath, hen and chicks, ferns, all kinds of daisies, roses, etc.

Anyway, what I need help with is this question: What is it that you would like to know most about gardening?

Is it planning a garden, mulching, starting plants from seed, etc.? What area do you have the most questions about? Thanks for reading - it'll help me focus on my little book.

Genny flw

#114901 August 7th, 2005 at 07:53 AM
Welcome to the board. Someone will come along and move your post to a place where it will be answered by a lot of people. I'll wait and post my answers or questions there.

#114902 August 8th, 2005 at 12:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, yep Sheri is right...I'm going to move this post to Gardners Chat where you'll recieve more replies....Welcome to the forum.

#114903 August 8th, 2005 at 01:07 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you - anyone have some tips about gardening questions for a small booklet I'm writing. I'd like some ideas on questions you had difficulty getting answers to or anything you feel may be pertinent. Thanks,

Gen

#114904 August 8th, 2005 at 06:29 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I'm a beginner gardener and what I would like would not be a little book lol. But it is the environment each plant likes. Also which plants can be interplanted with other plants. For example bulbs.

You see I have glads and they only bloom for a short period so I would like to have something else in the bed with them so there would be color there from spring to fall but I don't know what I can put there that won't interfer with the glads.

The same is true of just about anything else I have as well. I only have a 280 sq ft garden area and I want to see masses of color all year long if possible. Or at least interesting textures.

Oh by the way i'm in zone 7, my garden is on a slope and I have to hand water so I want stuff that is drought tolerant if possible. Now that I have made your life miserable......I know that my wants are probably to specific to have much of a market but maybe something in my situation will give you an idea of what direction you want to go.

Link Copied to Clipboard