This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#114570 June 20th, 2005 at 02:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well as you all know I'm in the middle of a major kitchen remodel.....the kitchen and dining room were completely gutted and the wall between the 2 was knocked down and now it's one big room.....My wonderful hubby has been working away on this for a while....Today all of the bottom cabinets are in and the countertops are partly installed and the sink and faucet are getting put in....

Here is my new light in the dining room--it spoke to me....I loved the leaves and the metal going around the glass....
[Linked Image]

Here is the new cabinets and countertops.....yay!
[Linked Image]

New sink and faucet.....I like both of them a lot!
[Linked Image]

Mark hard at work!
[Linked Image]

The mess in my living room is getting to me!
[Linked Image]

And the mess in the dining room is pretty bad too!
[Linked Image]

It's coming along though--we'll be getting the dishwasher next and the floor and upper cabinets!

#114571 June 20th, 2005 at 02:39 AM
Loz - what a lot of work you're doing! Looks great so far! And wow - living with that mess - must be frustrating, but know that it will soon be over and wonderful!

I love, love, love that lighting fixture - I also like leaves on lamps and such, and am definitely into swirls. Care to share where you found it? We need new fixtures both for our diningroom and foyer - this would be great in the foyer, as I have a table lamp to put there with leaves just like that!

#114572 June 20th, 2005 at 02:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That mess is terrible.....I hate the fridge sitting where it is, it's hard to get into properly......and all the stuff in the living room is a nightmare....but I know when it's done it'll be great....I'm more of the supervisor, although I did do some painting and priming and lifting.....Mark is doing all of the work by himself.....he's so handy!!!

If you have a Lowes anywhere around you'll find that light there.....and guess what, it was only 30 bucks......gotta love that right? It's actually a good size, and takes 3 60 watt bulbs....it's pretty bright. The light we are getting for the kitchen is the same style only it isn't flush to the celing it hangs down just a little and only takes 2 bulbs.....That scrollwork going around with the leaves on it are really nice......as soon as I saw it hanging in the store I told Mark that was the light for me! I love anything with leaves or flowers.....I hope you have a Lowes, and that they have one of them there you can buy!

#114573 June 20th, 2005 at 03:15 AM
Oh loz, what a beautiful lamp to adorn your dining room! And such a bargain, too! I would have guessed it at a much higher price it is so handsome.

The good-looking cabinets and countertops you chose sure look nice in place, don't they? But will you orient me a bit? Where will the dishwasher be installed and where will the refrigerator go?

I understand about the mess you are contending with, as you know, we have minor work underway here, too.

Geez, you must be proud of Mark. angell

Merme

#114574 June 20th, 2005 at 05:21 AM
by loz:
I hope you have a Lowes, and that they have one of them there you can buy!
If not, you might try Lowes online....

#114575 June 20th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merme, the 2nd picture down is the best one for me to explain where the dishwasher and fridge go......our kitchen is really small, but with the walls knocked down it's now like one big room....On the very left side of that 2nd picture right next to the cabinet is where the dishwasher will go, and then next to the dishwasher will be the fridge....Kind of hard to explain because I didn't get that angle in any of the shots.

I can't stand that kind of mess......I mean I'm not a neat freak, I like the house to have a lived in feel.....but my living room is really driving me nuts......luckily that half with all of the stuff isn't really used, and our living room is really big.....our couches and entertainment center are on the other side of the room.....That light in the dining room was a great deal, when I looked at the price I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was.....It's not like any of it is plastic or anything.....so we lucked out with that...but the sink and faucet weren't so cheap....but hey, if you are doing it you may as well do it right huh?

And Tricia that's a good idea.....I never thought of looking online.....

#114576 June 20th, 2005 at 05:43 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Loz...you have my DREAM sink! thumbup

Cindy

#114577 June 20th, 2005 at 05:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL----you can get a sink just like it from Lowes...... smile It wasn't the one we decided on originally, Mark came home friday with that one--totally different.....Made me a little nervous but I do like it a lot.....The one side is a good bit deeper than the other, and we hooked our garbage disposal up on one of the sides thumbup .....everything is really starting to come together....I'm starting to envision the total picture.....it was kind of hard to do that when it was all gutted out....

Hey, I just noticed that Mark is so tan from roofing that he almost matches the cabinets..... laugh

#114578 June 20th, 2005 at 07:15 AM
I went and looked at Lowes online and found one similar that hangs down from the ceiling but didn't see the one like your picture.

#114579 June 20th, 2005 at 07:23 AM
Thanks for the extra explanation, loz. I can imagine what you wrote. It is going to be so nice I bet you'll want to spend all your time in there.

I'm glad Afgrey remembered to mention the sink because I forgot to. It is so special and looks as though it will be very handy, particularly with that long-necked curved faucet.

My faucet comes out quite flat from it's mounting and it's impossible to get really tall things under it. Yours will be dandy even for a pasta pot! Plus, it is pretty.

Pretty AND functional.

Oh I wouldn't call you a neat freak for not enjoying your home in such disorder while this big work is underway. You said it is hard to access the fridge right now. I'm guessing it is hard to find other things that are stored. It's just difficult to live like that, so go ahead and complain when you feel like it!

We'll all be listening to cheer you on kissies

Merme

#114580 June 20th, 2005 at 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One good thing is that I haven't had to cook much lately......Mark took it upon himself to get up early one day and throw all of the contents of the old drawers and cabinets into the boxes in the living room picture....so I can't find anything to cook......

We had Dominos Pizza tonight......lol

#114581 June 20th, 2005 at 02:11 PM
looks great! I was wondering about how ya'll do the cooking and eating and everything while everything is so scattered lol!

#114582 June 20th, 2005 at 06:08 PM
Hey Loz,
The hanging version of your light...does it hang freely? What I mean is...umm...well...

The ceiling in our kitchen slops and the only kind of lights that work in there is one that doesn't hang perpendicular to the ceiling. They have to be able to hang freely and tip to one side. Does the hanging version do that??? I'd love an updated lamp in the kitchen!!!

#114583 June 20th, 2005 at 06:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Loz,everything is looking great! Love the light fixture thumbup

Can't wait to see the finished product!

G-Mom grinnnn

#114584 June 20th, 2005 at 08:06 PM
Meg Offline
Loz, it's looking great so far!! ETA on when it'll be done? I can't wait to see the finished project! Maybe I'll have to come visit ya when it's all over. wink

Meg

#114585 June 20th, 2005 at 11:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks you guys.....glad you all like it....I'm the mastemind behind it(if you want to say that), and Mark is the muscle.....although most of the stuff I liked he liked too, we didn't really disagree on anything.....

And Meg you could come visit me anytime......actually it isn't too far.....remember I told you my niece lived in your town? Haven't been down that way for a while because we usually meet in the middle at Capon Bridge....Let's see....next weekend will probably be the dishwasher, and maybe a start on the floor.....we still have to put in the upper cabinets.......I'd say that it should be looking perfectly done by the middle or end of August....There are little things that need done too, like the trim around the doors and windows, and the hardware on the cabinets....things like that.....

Jenn that light is semi flush to the ceiling, so I don't know if it would work for you or not.....here's a link to it on the lowes website so you can look at it......I think we may put that one in the dining room and move the other one to the kitchen because the one we have now is brighter than this one.....
my other light

#114586 June 21st, 2005 at 12:01 AM
Mark has really been busy, hasn't he? I know that you are excited. I can't wait to see the finished pics. grinnnn

Dianna

#114587 June 21st, 2005 at 09:18 AM
I am going to have to look at it in the store. I told Stephen about it, he seems pretty ok with the idea of a new lamp. We don't really like the one we have, but the previous owners couldn't find a replacement that would work....they really liked the one in the kitchen and wanted to take it with them! Stephen called it "a bit on the hideous side"
laugh

#114588 June 21st, 2005 at 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeh, it's always better to check out the actual product in the store to see if you really like it......and it's not only a cute light, but it's cheap too!

#114589 June 26th, 2005 at 01:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to let you all know that we got the dishwasher today, and the other light that we were discussing above.....and Mark got some more money out of savings to go and get the flooring today too!!!! So far today he's installed the rest of the countertops and is getting the dishwasher ready to hook up......Now he's working on getting the light installed.

I told him with all of these boxes from the lights, sink, dishwasher, computer, etc...that it feels like Christmas....LOL The trash people will just love us on Wednesday morning when they see all of that sitting outside.

#114590 June 26th, 2005 at 01:32 AM
Meg Offline
Hey, it's Christmas in (almost) July! wink laugh

That's so great you're getting so much done!!

Meg

#114591 June 26th, 2005 at 02:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup I love opening up all the boxes....it's exciting.....Pretty sad when you get all excited over a dishwasher and a light....that's when you know you are getting old I guess....LOL laugh

It's sooooo hot here today....I'm glad Mark has motivation.....even with the AC on after a while it starts to feel not so cool anymore....

#114592 July 4th, 2005 at 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay...quite a few pics here...Now remember, it's still kind of messy and I don't have all of my curtains and decorative things out yet...so it looks a little plain.

Remember this is what it started out looking like...with that AWFUL flowered contact paper on the walls, and the small doorway into the dining room.
[Linked Image]

Okay, here is what it looks like as of this morning.....so much better.....

Here's looking into the dining room from the kitchen, you can see how the light matches the other one!!! That one hangs down a little though instead of being flush to the ceiling. The old wheelable dishwasher there is going to my sisters house..... smile
[Linked Image]

Here's the new dishwasher installed...
[Linked Image]

Looking into the kitchen from the dining room...
[Linked Image]

My little bakers rack fits there perfect, check out the mess still in the living room--can't wait to move that table back in where it belongs...
[Linked Image]

Just wanted to show a good shot of the floor that mark got finished putting in yesterday!
[Linked Image]

#114593 July 4th, 2005 at 10:07 PM
It looks GREAT!!! thumbup

#114594 July 4th, 2005 at 10:32 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
OMG Loz...what a difference! Don't you just love looking at the "before" pics...and then seeing the progress! Good job! thumbup You are getting me a little more motivated to start on the rooms!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard