This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113682 May 14th, 2005 at 04:55 PM
OP Offline
Did you check back at the pictures of everyone's cats? I think our cats are related.
Christina smile

#113683 May 14th, 2005 at 05:12 PM
Meg Offline
Yea, I saw that! They are sooo cute! I love the kitties ya know.. and that black face, with the speck of white.. just adorable. My 3 kitties were a rescue mission.. I took them from the warehouse where I work. Thier momma is pretty much a stray, that everyone in the area takes care of. We thought she'd been fixed, thought we felt a piece of scar tissue. However, she turned up pregnant, and wanted to have them in the warehouse. She chose an old stroller that was in the back, and put them in the bottom basket! I brought in towels to keep them clean & comfy & warm. We were with them nearly every day from the time they were born. When they started moving around some, we moved them to the kitchen in the warehouse, so they wouldn't get lost in the mess, or get out. Well, they got to be about 6 weeks old, and started climbing very well. They were escaping thier confines of the kitchen, back into the main part of the warehouse, thru an open area like a window, but no window. That was it.. I didn't want them hurt or lost. We had fallen in love with them (me & the kids), and I scooped them up in a carrier, and took them home. I had warned Steve we'd be adopting one of them.. but when I brought 3 home, he was not very happy. I told him it was temporary, till we could find a home for the other 2.. which of course, I never followed thru with..lol. Well, my friend was asking around, and thought she'd found a home for one, but the person changed thier mind. laugh

Lucky me. smile

Oh yea.. we took mama home for awhile too.. we got her spayed, so no more babies for her! She's happy, back at the warehouse, free to come & go as she likes. Her babies, now a year old.. are indoors only, and also, fixed.

Meg

#113684 May 17th, 2005 at 12:32 AM
OP Offline
Hi Meg wavey
That's a beautiful story! Should be in the "Chicken Soup for Animal Lovers". I love animal stories. Bet your husband loves them just as much as you do by now. Take care!
Christina muggs

Link Copied to Clipboard