This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113674 June 29th, 2005 at 01:42 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi, my name is Janet and I live in Southeast Alaska in Ketchikan. We are the first stop on most cruise ships to Alaska. Our average mean temp here is about 45. We usually don't get much snow in the winter and not even many freezing days. It rains about 15ft a year here. This year and last summer have been the best in recorded history of our town. And our gardens show it. Our soil loves Rhododendrens. We have so many around town that this year I took a little trip around while they were in bloom and took many pictures. I am a novice in gardening but love what I do get to do. Several years ago I planted a couple poenys and they inspired my interest even more. They were gorgous this year! I also love to take pictures and take many of my flowers. I found your site because I was searching the web for care of the peony after bloom. My hushand put in a arbor for me a couple years ago and we planted a honeysuckle and it is almost covered already. It has a clamatis with it but that is getting strangled this year. Not sure what to do. I am looking forward to this site and meeting new people!

#113675 June 29th, 2005 at 02:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to have you here with us Janet...Welcome to the forum......

My husband would love to visit Alaska one of these days........maybe way down the road he'll have a chance. Must be beautiful there.....

Chat with us whenever you can!

laura

#113676 June 29th, 2005 at 03:00 PM
Hi jannet55 wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]

#113677 June 30th, 2005 at 01:01 AM
wavey Hi Janet (and all other newcomers I missed!!) wavey

My husband would like to visit Alaska someday, too. He's no gardener, though--he'd like to tackle a Denali climb. thumbup

WELCOME!! kit flw

#113678 July 2nd, 2005 at 07:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

One of my SIL's lived in Alaska and she lovedit! Said it was beautiful up there thumbup

Happy to have you join us!

G-Mom grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard