This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#112934 January 3rd, 2005 at 02:04 AM
OP Offline
I know i'm not the only one guilty of this, so here goes: I'm gonna shave my legs on a regular basis even though its winter!
Me too, Phoebe. Once every two weeks, whether they need it or not! smile

Wow. You know, I find it SO HARD to wrap my brain around the idea of needing to GAIN weight. But good luck anyway! (If only I could just give you an extra 25 of mine...sigh...)

#112935 January 3rd, 2005 at 02:10 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I promise that gaining weight IS as difficult as loosing it! But I am on a roll...started at 92lbs and up to 118...YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I have a real bra size now...well, not a REAL bra size...just well, I can wear a bra now..kinda! Never mind! Duh

#112936 January 3rd, 2005 at 02:25 AM
I am resolved that I will explore my inner potentials and find a fuller expression of the things that matter.

I am resolved that as I continue to work on my exterior self, I will not neglect my interior self.

So that I become wiser, more serene, have greater poise. I want to cultivate kindness and learn ways to express it with sincerity to help others accept it as genuine.

I am resolved that I will begin to try to spend a portion of each day in God's time, be that through meditation or prayer or quiet ponderings on lovely things, heedless of the ticking clock, ignorant of the ringing phone.

I am resolved that I will spend love with both hands, giving all that I have got for as much as the journey remains to me. We may not reach any particular goal we have in mind, but I am determined we will enjoy the route and end with no regrets.

Merme

#112937 January 3rd, 2005 at 02:53 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
OMG Merme...you ought to be a published poet!

#112938 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:51 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Originally posted by geegeeburr:
Wow. You know, I find it SO HARD to wrap my brain around the idea of needing to GAIN weight. But good luck anyway! (If only I could just give you an extra 25 of mine...sigh...)
Well, i'm 4'11" tall, and i think i'm supposed to weigh like 95 or 100 lbs or something. >.< I donno, its just really bad how skinny i am right now. 75 is a definate no good! *has been eating a lot for the past few days and keeps losing the weight every trip to the bathroom*

~Phoebe

#112939 January 3rd, 2005 at 04:06 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
:p

#112940 January 3rd, 2005 at 06:15 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Ahhh...just had a nice hot shower and shaved my legs and underarms! thumbup

I even gave myself a facial before my shower, complete with the mask that dries on your face and you peel it off... frown
Well...I have long hair, and some of my hair dried in it...not good!
So, now my face is all soft and smooth, but I just pulled half my hair out when I peeled the mask off! Ouch!

Oh, the pain of trying to stay beautiful! shk
laugh

Cindy

#112941 January 3rd, 2005 at 02:57 PM
I remember when I had problems gaining weight, too! I was a size 3 the first time I was married. Way too skinny. I wish my body could remember how to not gain weight now. I think it developed Alzheimer's disease when it got to the age of 40! Almost 46 now and I am hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by May 14!

Thanks for the wedding tradition link! I have been on-line looking at other wedding dresses since I won't be able to choose the one I want. ters I haven't been able to find anything that I like.

I seem to remember seeing a couple of videotapes around here that Jim has. "Sweatin' to the Oldies" might be the way for me to lose the weight I need or to firm it up if I can't! It would be my luck to gain weight, though, instead of lose it! wink

Dianna

#112942 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I lost weight just picking up the videotape...it was covered in 8 years of dust grinnnn

#112943 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:21 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh

I only have 1 year of dust right now. The house gets a good cleaning every time I move in and out! It's due for another "cleaning"!

#112944 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:27 PM
This is my most favorite tip for all my dieting buddies, the single most helpful thing I have learned for sustained weight loss. And believe me, I have lost a ton or two....

Early on in the process, knowing I wouldn't maintain an unrealistic diet plan for the rest of my life, I simply started trying to become aware of the quality and quantity of everything I ate.

It wasn't a big, obvious-to-anyone-else deal, and it wasn't the least bit radical. I just began asking myself small questions such as "Yes, I do want a baked potato, but MUST I have it with this, this AND this?" How would it be with only this and that? Just merely seeking options. Same with favorite recipes...if I leave something out, is it still good?

The next part was becoming aware of the difference between how much I wanted to eat vs. how much I needed to eat and over time, I found myself eating less and less in a painless sort of way. Two sandwiches, for instance, became one and a half, which later became one. Now I only eat a half a sandwich at a time. One big scoop of something delicious got smaller and smaller as I learned I needed much less than I thought I did.

These tools were valuable to me simply because I must live on a very careful diet for the sake of my health. I never deprive myself of anything, I never go without something I truly enjoy. Few people who are around me frequently ever even notice that I diet conscientiously because I grant myself such freedom within the limitations I know are best for me.

And the truly remarkable thing is, these slight, barely noticable changes really add up to a giant difference over time.

Becoming aware of what we do and how and why we do it can all be for the good if we let ourselves choose sane options here and there every now and then.

Merme

#112945 January 3rd, 2005 at 05:34 PM
Hey, Jenn, how come yours and Megs have a box around them, and are actual links, but mine's just the ticker?
Not sure. I would have to look at the coding to know for sure. You can copy and PM it to me if you want the whole thing to be a link...I can look at it and see what I can do. I used to do ALOT of HTML stuff on my old website. I was teaching myself how to do it.

Ok now, I'm trying to remember everything that I wanted to reply to! laugh On New Year's day, I had kraut and potatoes....not too much potatoes because the person who made them put WAY too much garlic for my taste and the kraut had been washed a few times, so it didn't really taste like kraut...which was a little disappointing. Yesterday I didn't eat breakfast and for lunch had a wrap, which was good. I actually only was hungry enough for half the wrap..and thats all I ate. Stephen ended up working until 10:30 and I didn't cook anything, so we did McDonald's for dinner. Am NOT happy about that. But, that's ok...I will get back on track.

I am only weighing myself once a week. I feel that anymore than that will be discouraging to me since a person's weight varies alot day to day. I am going to start exercising. I got a little kit for Christmas that how one of those big balls in it and a couple of weights. So, I think I will alternate between taking my walk (which is 2 miles) and doing that. Did you know that after exercising, your body will burn calories for like another 2 hours after that????

I just had my birthday also, we didn't get any cake. I'm just a tad disappointed by that. This now makes 3 years in a row for that now. My mom and dad used to ALWAYS get me a Carvel cake for my birthday. Don't know if you know what Carvel is...its an ice cream place that makes THE BEST ice cream cakes!!

Personally, I don't get cravings. Every once in a while I will want something sweet, but there is nothing wrong with eating like 10 choc chips. A diet doesn't have to be a torture device...its all MODERATION. You have to figure out how much is too much. How many glasses of Coke is too much? You have to look at the sugar content and the caffeine content. Do you like the flavor? Then get the coke that has no caffeine in it and half the sugar and make sure you only drink it twice a day or something like that. You might do better buying cans instead of a bottle? For candy bars, get those miniature bars and only eat one or two of those a day...not all at once! laugh

#112946 January 3rd, 2005 at 05:44 PM
I remember now.....shaving. That was what I wanted to comment about!! :rolleyes: laugh Anyone have memory pills? I could use them! laugh

So, yeah, shaving. I do not shave too often in the winter....every month or so usually. Usually the hubby doesn't say anything because he doesn't shave his face during the winter! laugh Its not that I mind shaving, I just hate taking the TIME to do it!!! I di keep track of the pits tho....can't stand hair in there!

#112947 January 3rd, 2005 at 06:29 PM
OP Offline
Yesterday I didn't eat breakfast and for lunch had a wrap, which was good.
Hey, not telling you what to do, 'cause I didn't used to be a breakfast eater myself, but did you know that skipping breakfast tends to make losing weight harder? (Or SO THEY SAY)

I am only weighing myself once a week. I feel that anymore than that will be discouraging to me since a person's weight varies alot day to day.
Amen, Jenn! Me too.

it's all MODERATION. You have to figure out how much is too much.
That's for sure. For me, any amount of sugar is too much, da#* it. I can't eat, say, 16 candy corns. I will crave them for the rest of the day, and possibly the following, which is why I try to get everything out of the house. Sometmes, like Merme (I think) said, it's about making better choices. Like, a Healthy Choice fudge bar is ALMOST as good as a milk shake, and MUCH better for you.

#112948 January 3rd, 2005 at 08:05 PM
All those sound great to me. I could go for some loose some weight
shave my leggs everyday
and on and on, so I guess mine will be to

just try and make more time to be good to me, I always put me last and put my needs on hold. So I think for a change I need to be number one once in awhile. grinnnn

#112949 January 3rd, 2005 at 08:39 PM
Good for you, Belinda! kissies

Merme

#112950 January 3rd, 2005 at 09:12 PM
if I can just keep it, I'm always dropping what I'm doing to do for someone else

#112951 January 3rd, 2005 at 10:30 PM
Yeah, I have heard about eating breakfast. We don't usually have anything breakfasty here....orI don't feel like making it. I'm lazy sometimes. smile

#112952 January 4th, 2005 at 01:38 AM
Me, the sweets too! Remember the case of 24 aero bars I had to order online a couple months ago- I ate them all but 5 left to put in the kids stockings! (slap on the hand graemlin). The candy binge is over for now but a great substitute for the craving of chocolate is fat free hot chocolate packets, I think that swiss miss makes em and they are only one or two WW points per cup and very tasty.

#112953 January 4th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
Hey Cindy, you should live in Maine.

Up here, people don't drive around with bags of cans because we trade them in for five cents each at the bottle and can recycling places or in the recycling machines at the grocery stores. The five cent rule also applies to the plastic two liter bottles and smaller soda/water bottles. Glass bottles are redeemable for fifteen cents.

Some folks earn a living doing that. Maxi cracks me up about what he does with his bottle money....

All year, from September through May, he's been sending his bottle money to an orphanage/school for Native American children in Montana, something he started doing when he was 4. And he does a good job of it, too...the year he was 6, he managed $100.

But -- not from June through August. The bottle money from June through August is what he spends for himself and his friends on the Ice Cream Truck!

It just amuses me so that the Indian children can have all the money he earns in the world except for what he intends for ice cream! Now is this a kid who has his priorities straight or what?!

Merme

#112954 January 4th, 2005 at 01:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I must have several hundred dollars worth in the back of my truck right now! It's never been this full before! I went to the dumpster place today...wrong day. So, instead of driving back thru town, I brought it all back home.....again!

Cindy and Sanford and Son! laugh

#112955 January 4th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
OP Offline
When I lived in Michigan one summer, (in college), every time someone had a party, it was an understood rule that you left all your empty bottles as the "price" of the party. They had really high recycle values there, like 10 cents a bottle or maybe more... At the end of the summer, the guys behind us, who lived in the "party house", had enough recycling money to buy all the booze for their final party.

Merme, that Maxi sounds like such a great kid. smile

And Belinda, that's an excellent resolution! I think it's one that most of us need. Good luck with it. smile

#112956 January 4th, 2005 at 03:05 AM
I'm not too skinny or fat and no matter what I eat or don't eat I weigh the same. When I work out regularly I can tell that I tone up but my weight never changes. So after reading all your posts I thought "I don't need to diet but I can certainly eat better." I know that we are what we eat and WE make the choice to be healthy or to eat junk. This morning I ate Total cereal with blue berries and had some green tea. A lot of fiber and antioxidants there. I did have 1 Pepsi this morning, which is a great improvement over the 4-5 I usually have. I ate a good lunch and less of it. I drank 4 glasses of water. But when I got home everything fell apart. I ate a sub sandwich, a whole bag of chips, a whole pack of peanut M&M's and a Pepsi. I've seen a lot of thin people at the hospital with heart problems, high blood pressure, colon cancer...a lot of things that recent research says is diet related. What's the secret for after 5?

#112957 January 4th, 2005 at 04:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok gang... new year's resolutions are closed... next post needs to be updates! (btw, i'm on the eat right/lose weight wagon with ya'll!!) wink

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard