This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#112909 January 1st, 2005 at 07:27 PM
OK...NEVERMIND!!! laugh

I just played around to get mine to go up. Ok, I just copied and pasted the entire BB code that it gives you...the entire thing, but with no extra spaces. Try it again, take your time, if it doesn't work, then tonight we will try to get it up. smile

#112910 January 1st, 2005 at 11:09 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Hey, Dianna...go to www.weddings.co.uk/info/tradsupe.htm
it's a site with tons of fun wedding traditions

#112911 January 2nd, 2005 at 12:38 AM
OP Offline
Hey, Jenn! Okay, I think I got it--sorta, anyway!

I actually weighed about 2 pounds more than I expected- 196. Putting goal as 140, so 56 lbs to go.
First day of diet going okay- keep staring longingly at the pot of pasta in the fridge, but have only snagged two bites. That's a victory. All candy and sweets are out of the house, AND ALL COKE DUMPED DOWN THE SINK. (That was the hardest thing to do.) All in all, feeling pretty positive about this! Woo-hoo!

#112912 January 2nd, 2005 at 04:13 AM
OP Offline
Okay, minor disaster on the first day. Baby woke up CRANKY after his nap and proceeded to drive me bat-sh#! all afternoon. (Did I mention I'm a stress eater?) I had sent hubby to work with the remains of his b-day cake (hubby's birthday is New Years), and with half a giant dark-chocolate Hershey bar so it wouldn't be in the house. Apparently people ate the cake, but he came home towing the Hershey bar. Oh yeah, you guessed it- BOOM, GONE.
So, wow, only on the wagon for about 17 hours. So now I'm taking deep calming breaths, saying it's not the end of the world, just get back on the horse. I CAN do this, I CAN!!! I cheated on my first day of Weight Watchers, too. frown :rolleyes:

How's it going for you gys, Jenn, Dianna?

#112913 January 2nd, 2005 at 04:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok...Dad Gum It...I'm gonna join you guys. I don't eat sweets,chips,etc,I'm more of a meat,potato,pasta type gal. I'm gonna start working out like I used to. I used to be a size 8 and am now a size 14. I know its probably kinda dorky,but I kept trim by working out to Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" tape shocked I allowed life to take over and stopped working out and have suffered the consequences frown

If ya'll can take the time to get in shape...I CAN TOO! I won't put a ticker,but I need to lose about 40lbs myself. Well then I might put a ticker,but shocked . Dad Gum It laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#112914 January 2nd, 2005 at 04:30 AM
Hey GG, I've been doing o.k. on the caffeine and nicotine diet lately! oops sorry, don't do that, it's bad for you, did I mention throwing a little alcohol into the mix! shocked laugh laugh

#112915 January 2nd, 2005 at 05:22 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Mel...
I'm on that same diet!

Works for me! thumbup

Cindy

#112916 January 2nd, 2005 at 05:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmmm...White Zinfindel...White Grapes...Grapes have Antioxidents,Vitamins...Yeah Baby...I'm doing GOOD! laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#112917 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:01 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Okay...I am CRACKING up at you guys!!!!

#112918 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:38 AM
OP Offline
Hey, Mel, I'm already ON that diet!
I thimk that's the only way I've managed to stay BELOW 200!
'Course, now no caffiene, 'cause no Coke. Guess I'll just have to make up for it with the nicotine. (Yeah, yeah, I know. That'll be NEXT New Years.)

YAAAAY, G-mom! Welcome aboard! You know, if you click on Jenns link to that ticker place, you can make a ticker that just counts pounds- you don't have to post your actual weight. Man, you're lucky about the working out. I hate aerobics, and any other kind of exercise just makes me bulk up. One year, I was swimming 45 minutes to an hour a day, 6 days a week- gained 15 pounds. Another time, I was training for the San Diego Marathon, ran or walked anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half a day, plus 6-8-10-12-15 mile jogs on weekends. STILL gained 15 pounds!!! I'm just gonna stick to walking this time.

#112919 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:42 AM
Meg Offline
Originally posted by gardenmom32210:
I know its probably kinda dorky,but I kept trim by working out to Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" tape shocked I allowed life to take over and stopped working out and have suffered the consequences frown
G-Mom grinnnn
Ya know, it's not dorky. I don't care what folks say about Richard Simmons.. his workouts are FUN, and the best at working with REAL SIZED PEOPLE. I have a couple of those tapes, and back when Steve was in the Gulf War (the first time, in '91), I lost something like 30lbs, and went from about a size 20 to a 14 in just about 6 months time. Ok, maybe that doesn't seem like much, but hey, it was a big difference to me. I should dust them off, and start sweatin again! teech

Meg

#112920 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Course, now no caffiene,
I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY COFFEE!!

laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#112921 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:47 AM
OP Offline
...I lost something like 30lbs, and went from about a size 20 to a 14 in just about 6 months time. Ok, maybe that doesn't seem like much...
Are you kidding? That's HUGE! Don't sell yourself short, Meg!

#112922 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:52 AM
Meg Offline
Well, not sure how this is gonna work out for me.. but what the heck.. see sig!

Meg

#112923 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:59 AM
OP Offline
All right, Meg! Way to go! Let's see, between Jenn, Dianna, G-mom, you and me, if we all do this, we'll lose something like 250 pounds. Woo-hoo!!

Hey, Jenn, how come yours and Megs have a box around them, and are actual links, but mine's just the ticker?

#112924 January 2nd, 2005 at 07:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You did great Meg Duh

I lost 50lbs by simply working out...Dad Gum It...I just told you how much I need to lose :p

Well whatever...I promise to try and work out at least 3 times a week...will that do as my resolution?

G-Mom grinnnn

#112925 January 2nd, 2005 at 08:27 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
*thinks*

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm new years resolutions... *thinks* >.< ow...

I think i'm gonna give more people help when i see that they're in need of it smile normally when i come to this forum, and check the gardening forums to see if anyone needs help with something, i skip over the ones that i can help with cuz they already have answers on them. But a buncha sets of answers can often times help someone ^.^ I've found this to be true with me!

*thinks some more*
I'm definately gonna love my boyfriend ^.^

I'm gonna beep at people when they cut in front of me!! omg i never beep at stupid people >.< i just "EEK!" and hope they don't hit me o.O

I'm too skinny >.< I'm gonna try and gain some weight by like, exercising or something lol. *thinks* ever notice how they say to eat right and exercise for people who want to gain weight, and to people who want to lose it?

I know i'm not the only one guilty of this, so here goes: I'm gonna shave my legs on a regular basis even though its winter!

Ima stop chewing on my guitar picks *looks around... spits out guitar pick*

And as usual, i'm gonna try to be the nicest sweetest person i can be ^.^

I know this one's on Samuel L. Jackson's list, but its on mine too! lol: "Continue to kick ***!"

~Phoebe

#112926 January 2nd, 2005 at 01:27 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I know i'm not the only one guilty of this, so here goes: I'm gonna shave my legs on a regular basis even though its winter!
lala

#112927 January 2nd, 2005 at 03:16 PM
Broke my diet this morning: Had a caffeine Free Diet coke! shk

It's only one slip so I'll get right back on it and have another pot of caffeine!

#112928 January 2nd, 2005 at 05:09 PM
Meg Offline
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
lala
I'll see your lala , and raise you a lala lala lala

Meg

#112929 January 2nd, 2005 at 05:20 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Meg...
Does that mean...
"I'll see your unshaved legs and raise you unshaved underarms"?

laugh

#112930 January 2nd, 2005 at 05:36 PM
Meg Offline
Cindy, that means my husband has started calling me Chewbacca & Beastwoman. laugh shocked

Meg

#112931 January 2nd, 2005 at 06:40 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
You guys are the best entertainment around....so I thought I would try to help you out and found some SOUND encouragement for all of you who are dieting

http.//www.mountainwings.com/past/4350.htm

hope I got that right because it WILL encourage you!
AND to offer more help..since I am having to gain weight (which believe it or not is equally as hard as loosing)feel free to send me all of your cokes, hershey bars, Bailey's etc...anything that is TEMPTING you...I will take care of it! Just trying to help out my friends! grinnnn

#112932 January 2nd, 2005 at 09:46 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Hey, i heard that there's some girl on the forum that's 25 lbs underweight. Maybe SHE should get all those chocolate bars and diet breaking things that cause people to gain weight and lose their diet plan thereby breaking their newyears resolution, but giving her stuff would be helping hers, though exercising would probably be a better idea, cuz she'd gain weight in muscle rather than fat, and junkfood isn't good for exercising anyway, so you shouldn't send her junkfood *deep breath* ya...

*hides*
~Phoebe

#112933 January 2nd, 2005 at 09:52 PM
C
C
Im trying to lose a few pounds Duh

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard