This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#112776 December 20th, 2005 at 05:02 AM
dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/country_gentlewoman/detail?.dir=3567&.dnm=2249.jpg&.src=ph

laugh
BIRDS AND BUTTERFLYS WON'T BE AT MY HOUSE TILL spring.........CAN YOU GUESS WHY?
zone 6..........IS RESTING FOR CHRISTMAS .
kit zzzzz
DODGE

#112777 December 20th, 2005 at 06:42 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
A lot of the Arboreal Forest and Canadian Birds head into the Southern U.S. states where they spend the Winter. Almost all the American Robins that go South for the Winter end up in the Southeast U.S. We actually have more Robins here in Winter than we do in spring and Summer. we also have triple the number of Great Blue Herons in the Southeast in the Winter than in the Summer. As a matter of fact, Winter in the Southeast U.S. is the second best season for bird watching. spring is the best Season; Summer is the WORST! Most of us birders don't even bother looking in Summer because it is just a waste of effort. From now until the end of May I will see the most birds and get the best pictures of the year.

#112778 December 20th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
wavey
We do watch the geese every fall, gather up and leave......Are they canadian geese? I saw zillions of black birds gather in our yard this fall, I wondered where they went.. I knew Robins went ..........
It is sort of a game here in the spring, Who can see the first Robin.......It means spring is on the way here..
What state are you in?
:rolleyes:
Some folks here say state of confusion , we are in.
LOL
dodge

#112779 December 20th, 2005 at 12:19 PM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I am in Nashville, TN. That is in the north-central part of the state. Our Robins are here year-round. Like I said we have more Robins in the Winter than in the Summer. Here in Tennessee our harbinger of spring is the Louisiana Waterthrush, one of the FIRST migrants to arrive from South America. They usually arrive in late March or early April. By the end of April and Early May we usually have over 200 species of birds in Nashville.

#112780 December 21st, 2005 at 08:11 AM
dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
shocked
STANDS TO REASON.....HOPE YOUR A BIRD LOVER.. THEY SOUND LIKE AN ARMY WHEN THEY ARE LANDING... angell
I LIVE ON A FARM, AND EVERY SUMMER WE DO MANAGE TO SEE A HERON AT OUR COW DAM.. WATER.
IT IS TOO QUICK FOR ME TO GET THE CAMERA AN GET THE PHOTO.......
DO THEY HUNT BIRDS THERE? UP HERE TURKEY, DOVE ,RINGNECK......QUAIL.
HOWEVER WE PREFER CHICKEN AND BEEF.

DODGE zzzzz

#112781 December 21st, 2005 at 01:31 PM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
They hunt Doves, Quail, Turkeys, Ducks, And Geese. We don't have Ringnecks here. I have been an ornithologist for 18 years, The last 3 years heavy into bird photography.

#112782 December 23rd, 2005 at 01:56 AM
dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
Birds are so pretty to look at......Lots of folks in our area put out feeders just for the joy of watching.......
Good past time for the elderly.. AAh digital has made photography such a great thing......
I cant get close enough to photograph those.
Dodge

Link Copied to Clipboard