This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#112067 June 4th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
L
OP Offline
L
japanese beetles will be unearthing in my space any time now they are late this year. the cold weather has kept them underground for now
I expect in a week or two they will start again eating my crepe myrtles and then travel to my beautiful vege garden. i find the only way to get rid of them is to smack them into a bucket and then feed them to the fish in my 1 acre pond.
Bass and bluegills but even they do not care for the cruncy critters they drive me mad and I do not like to put out those scent bags i think it attracts even more so i would appreciate anyone that might have a tried and true backup plan
happy gardening!
littlemudbug

#112068 June 4th, 2005 at 05:38 AM
Meg Offline
I hear your pain littlemudbug. I've never seen so many dang beetles in my life till last summer!! My yard was climbing with them, one on another on another!! AAAAHHH!!!! Ok, so I don't have much advice to offer.. but, misery loves company? :rolleyes: Well, there are things you can do, but I don't know how well they work yet. Nematodes applied to your lawn, are supposed to be good control for grubs. And chemically, there's stuff you can put in a broadcast spreader for grub control, but I've never tried it.. yet. (I did get some nematodes, tho I didn't do a full yard application.. I think I needed more of them for that.) I went to spots around the garden area, and around my trees where I noticed heaviest infestations last year. We'll see soon I suppose if any of that helped.

Meg

#112069 June 4th, 2005 at 07:13 AM
Oh, my gawd! I'd be late too if I thought I was going to be fed to the fish.

I always see a lot of bugs in old pieces of wood - stumps and things.

Link Copied to Clipboard