This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit new to the gardening scene. My front yard is cemented so im working with potted plants. I'm pretty much here to try and learn more from other's
tips and mistakes. I'm also here so I dont kill off my plants as I'm starting to see with my beautiful gardenia plant... the leaves are yellowing n the blooms are small the start turning brownish. WOW that doesnt sound healthy!

Hrmm... currently in my garden I have orchids, glads (still in the corm form), 1 hibiscus (starting to go down the road of my gardnia), a cacuts, a couple of other succulents that I cannot identify on my own, tuberose, 3 gloriosa lily bulbs trying to grow up ;D, bromolades, calla lilies, stephanotis awaiting a trelles to help it grow grow grow! There are also other plants in my front yard... I just donno their names! Some were hand me downs from friends moving away... Some came for family...

I guess my pride and joy plant would be my banana tree which in the past 3 months has averaged a new leaf every 2-3 weeks. wink When I transplanted it from my parent's home in San Diego, it was about 2-3 feet... now I'm happy to say that it is a whooping 5 feet. clp

Anyway, I'm here to learn how to keep my plants living and growing... also how to not kill em off ;D

Thanks for having this forum. I'm greatful!

OP Offline
Doh...the whole other point of the above post was this...My goal is to grow my own tropical plants. So much that I can pick my own flowers and make my own leis. Can you believe that places charge like $50 to make a really pretty lei... I'd rather be the person paid to do make these beautiful creations. I'm looking forward to all that the forum offers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

growing your own plants for leis is really cool! You must be really talented!

G-Mom grinnnn

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi & Welcome,

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I hope once you get it going that you will post lots and lots of pictures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to stop by and say welcome to the forum!!!! If you get some made eventually I'd love to see some pictures too!

Glad you found us....

laura

F
F
Question for ya Gardening Novice!!

Have you been shopping on QVC? Sounds like it!! Cause I got some of the same plants that you do. If you want to make leis, try glowing Plumerias. We were stationed in Hawaii from 88-92 and I made my own leis out of Plumerias. We live in Maryland now and I'm growing them in my sunroom.

Link Copied to Clipboard