This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111724 July 6th, 2005 at 10:07 PM
OP Offline
Hi All:
Started a thread on this book a while back. This is an "update". Been fighting w/PhotoShop Elements so I might upload .jpegs of future offerings on seed exchange, which has kept out of my favorite forums for a while.
Weezie asked for a summary. Without have read every word, I am still skeptical Duh
The thesis that plants subliminally communicate w/each other & w/humans is not demonstrated to my satisfaction.
The authors cite numerous studies in the US & Europe--primarily former USSR--using controlled scientific techniques and sophisticated equipment which purport to demonstrate that plants do indeed communicate w/humans. Hard to accept.
Admittedly, we are all God's children and I can more readily accept as a matter of faith that on some non-conscious level there might be inter-species communication, than I am willing to accept the results cited in this book.
Facinating reading nonetheless.
PS: Mary--my "red" sedum are still basiclly green; they were supposed to be red by now.

#111725 July 6th, 2005 at 10:27 PM
The topic intrigues me and I'm looking forward to reading this book!

Mine are still green to - better green than dead! Looks like they survived the trip wink As did the ivy. Thanks again! wink

#111726 July 7th, 2005 at 12:25 AM
LMT Offline
The thesis that plants subliminally communicate w/each other & w/humans is not demonstrated to my satisfaction.
The authors cite numerous studies in the US & Europe--primarily former USSR--using controlled scientific techniques and sophisticated equipment which purport to demonstrate that plants do indeed communicate w/humans. Hard to accept.
Admittedly, we are all God's children and I can more readily accept as a matter of faith that on some non-conscious level there might be inter-species communication, than I am willing to accept the results cited in this book.
Facinating reading nonetheless.
Speaking as someone who has pet deer in gun season, while armed and in the woods --- ask me why I don't hunt any more

My beans didn't tell me they needed to be weeded any more then the weeds told me to kill the beans! The beans did not appreciate me pulling the weeds but they thrived none the less.

Why do birds land on me? Seriously, why do bird land on me?

Is it the red hair?

#111727 July 7th, 2005 at 12:41 AM
How tall are you?? laugh

#111728 July 7th, 2005 at 12:44 AM
seriously though sometimes i think i DO hear my plant nutz (yeah i know)y'all are going to definately think i'm loony now!!! but yeah i really do. i think you can become "in tune" with all living things, but thats just me. I guess it's all about what your personal beliefs are wink

#111729 July 7th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
My Cedar tree told me that plants do NOT communicate with humans in ANY way whatsoever. Hold on, he's calling me. He wants me to bring him a bucket of plant food. Gotta go! Duh

#111730 July 7th, 2005 at 08:36 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
laugh laugh laugh laugh @ Thornius your a riot thumbup I have read a little and seen some TV shows on plants talking to people and each other. I am with Huntington they have not convinced me at all. Now my dogs and other animals talk to me with their actions but then maybe a need some human contact laugh If this cottonwood by my house knew how I felt about it it would pull up it's roots and move.Hey cottonwood tree p
Jimmy

#111731 July 7th, 2005 at 08:50 AM
OP Offline

Is it the red hair? [/QB][/QUOTE]

My Mom grew up on a farm; she was a gentle person and loved animals. I remember Bluejays (not the sweetest of birds) would swoop down and eat out of her hand. One of them actaully landed on my then 3yr old's head and rested awhile. Neither one of them had red hair.

I grew up in the city; birds never landed on my noggin in my youth. The few green things around were too busy thirsting for moisture to say anything or if they did, I was too self-absorbed to hear what they were saying.

Link Copied to Clipboard