This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#111534 November 9th, 2005 at 12:40 AM
OP Offline
My first highlight of the day was being able to go back to sleep
after my husband left at 5a.m. thumbup

No school for Amy today - it's election day and they use it for superintendent's day, since we vote at the schools.

#111535 November 9th, 2005 at 12:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this "new" thread is my current highlight! thank you lynne kissies

#111536 November 9th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
OP Offline
You're too kind, Jiffy! kissies

Some days it really is difficult to find a highlight...
but it's something I've never done before
and really does help to keep things in perspective. thumbup

#111537 November 9th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
I took my dog for a nice walk today (beautiful here in Southern Ontario)...I turned around and there was my cat "Mojo" following us. He came with us the entire walk. I guess you hadta be there...but if u can picture my lil' guy trotting behind us the entire time. The look on his face said "Hey guys! Wait up! Where ya goin'? Wait for me!!!" Priceless!
Christina

#111538 November 9th, 2005 at 08:36 AM
there was my cat "Mojo" following us.
Aw, that is ssssoooo cute! thumbup clp

#111539 November 10th, 2005 at 05:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
...and there was my cat "Mojo" following us. He came with us the entire walk. ...
what a great thing! clp my second highlight was discovering that i had lost another 2 pounds. down 23 pounds in just over 2 years! clp

#111540 November 10th, 2005 at 08:27 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Hey, congrates on the weight loss Jiffy! That's the way to do it...slow, and it will stay off!

I had a couple of highlights today...

the first one was Peanut was outside with daddy...and he picked a pansey. Daddy told him "no no"...and he got the funniest look on his face...AND TRIED TO PUT IT BACK ON!!!! It was so funny because of his expression!!!!

2nd highlight was getting seeds in the mail...the columbines of Cedar Hill! kissies Just made my day!

#111541 November 10th, 2005 at 09:20 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
highlight of the day.....

5 days since I moved my fish and they are all doing great.
I haven't had any casualties yet.

I love my fishies..... luv

Cindy

#111542 November 10th, 2005 at 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> highlight of the day.....

5 days since I moved my fish and they are all doing great.
I haven't had any casualties yet.

I love my fishies..... thumbup i love my fishies two! i even named 2 of them, and i saw one of the named ones (one that normally "hides" from me!) charlie and blackie. i always see charlie (he has a white spot on his head, that's how i know it is him) but almost never see blackie, but i saw him today! (he is mud colored, that's why i don't see a lot of him laugh laugh ~ he is hard to see!)

#111543 November 10th, 2005 at 09:44 AM
My highlight is that I feel soooo much better than I have been feeling. Things are looking up.

#111544 November 10th, 2005 at 10:08 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I'm so glad you're feeling better, Sheri. kissies

#111545 November 10th, 2005 at 10:40 AM
kissies Right back at ya.

#111546 November 10th, 2005 at 11:06 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Sheri..that is good news that you are feeling better...glad you are getting back to your perky self...I was really kinda worried about what was going on with you...

Cindy...now that your fishies are in the pond, and still alive...can you stop getting in it or is there still more to do?

#111547 November 10th, 2005 at 11:24 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...now that your fishies are in the pond, and still alive...can you stop getting in it
No! laugh
I got in it today just to cool off and hang out with my fishies!
It was almost 80 degrees here today!
(That water was COLD, though!) eek

#111548 November 10th, 2005 at 11:49 AM
wink I love this thread.Just reading here always reminds me to count my blessings.

I'm glad you're feeling better Sheri kissies .
The news lately about avian flu is really freaking me out.
Has anyone read "The Stand" by Stephen King? sca

I have to push myself anyway to not be a germaphob.

sorry,I'm rambling.One of my highlights today.
I've been workin' my bootie off trying to get the savings account up to par.
But my girls need to have printer for school stuff.So we got a new one........only 50 bucks!and it's a scanner and copier too.

yay.........this momma gets to make seed packages again.

#111549 November 10th, 2005 at 11:59 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
But my girls need to have printer for school stuff.So we got a new one........only 50 bucks!
...and when you run out of ink it will cost you over 50 bucks to replace both cartridges! shk
I don't understand that nutz ...I was talking to my mom about it today...how you can buy a new printer with ink for less than you can buy a color and black ink cartridge for it when it runs out.

#111550 November 10th, 2005 at 12:08 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
...how you can buy a new printer with ink for less than you can buy a color and black ink cartridge for it when it runs out.
Man...and I hate that!!! I would love to be able to do everything I WANT to with the printer..but man...who can afford it!!! I would rather make all my greeting cards than buy them...but you can buy them so much cheaper!!! So...I wouldn't be able to use my printer at all right now if I didn't have a friend who GENEROUSLY sent me some ink cartridges!!!! But...trust me..I use them SPARINGLY!!!! thumbup

#111551 November 11th, 2005 at 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlights today:

holding an 8 week old baby so her mommy could sleep off a 24 hour bug... baby and i napped too thumbup

daughter's bf got a job thumbup thumbup interviewed AND starts today!

i got a new job WITHOUT an interview and I start tomorrow! it's temporary (i didn't want full time) and is convenient to get to (not close, but the commute is one of the easier ones in this area. they took me on the recommendation of the manager of the temp agency i usually use. clp

#111552 November 14th, 2005 at 07:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlights today...

the surprise hug hubby came up behind me and gave me while i was cleaning the sink.

the awesome dinner that i cooked by accident

the wonderful phone calls i've shared with my oldest today

the knowlege i have a great job to go to tomorrow

my friends here kissies

#111553 November 14th, 2005 at 09:40 AM
One of my big brothers (favorite - shhh!) called today, just to say hi smile

It was warm enough to play in the yard!

#111554 November 14th, 2005 at 09:49 AM
W
W
I have a Canon i350. It cost more $ but the cartridges are only about $8.
Highlights for me...
Going to mom & dad's for Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.
Niece called me and asked my favorite color because she was making me my Christmas present.

Got the nicest compliment from a customer last weekend that made me cry. He asked me "do you know what I like about you?" I said nope. He said "everything". All because I didn't get grossed out by his skin graft scars on his hands. I just showed him mine:) His scars were from a burn but mine are from 2 of my fingers being grown together.

Oh and I enjoyed a nice drive home watching the sun go down through the clouds.
Nancy

#111555 November 14th, 2005 at 12:28 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
My highlight today...Peanut used a spoon ALL BY HIMSELF!!! BUT...the biggy was...we have been working with him forever...and the school has also since he started there. frown Wasn't gonna happen!!! We have tried EVERYTHING! frown

So today, when the kids were all here for supper. He sat down at his table for his dessert (applesauce) which I always have to feed him...but forgot the towel so I laid the spoon down to get it. He picked it up...put it perfectly in his little hand..and scarfed down the whole bowl of applesauce! It was almost like he was "saving" it for EVERYONE to see!!! Needless to say...a full blown party errupted! He is such a sweetie! grinnnn And he can use a spoon all by himself! Sniff sniff!

#111556 November 14th, 2005 at 10:19 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, Vanessa! That is AWESOME! [Linked Image]

My highlight today is reading the post about The Jiffinator maxing out her PM box!
laugh [Linked Image] laugh thumbup

#111557 November 14th, 2005 at 10:38 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
My highlight today is reading the post about The Jiffinator maxing out her PM box!
laugh laugh Ya know...I just knew you would get a kick outta that!!! laugh laugh

#111558 November 15th, 2005 at 12:43 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Um it's been awhile since I got on this string so I guess I'll add some highlights that have been occurring in my life recently. I joined a church and will be baptised on the 19th of November at 11:45a.m. you all are welcome to come. Or I'll tell you all about it afterwards.

I've been helping with the service work at the church and loving every minute of it. They are really nice people and do a great job of taking care of their members and people in need in the community.

So that's my highlight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard