This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#111609 December 7th, 2005 at 07:01 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Triss , your house is looking so festive!!! I know the kid's eyes just light up!!!

I don't post in this thread NEAR as often as I should...I whine a lot about situations...but everyday there are many highlights! Some are so simple but VERY significant...so I am going to try to do better about openly being thankful for the "highlights"...

Today my highlight was a little boy getting off the bus in his sweet little overalls and ball cap on backwards...marching into the house and looking me straight in the eye and saying...O.Kee.. (jabbers for Okay!) I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I have no idea what was okay...but at that moment...everything was!!!! thumbup

#111610 December 7th, 2005 at 07:48 AM
Well you made me smile with that one!

#111611 December 7th, 2005 at 09:01 AM
OP Offline
'Nessa - that's a highlight for me too!
Too sweet!
by the way... do you say "okay" when he gets off the bus? just wondering...

Triss - thanks so much for sharing those pics!
Cute decorations! Is that wallhanging homemade?
I love the colors!

#111612 December 7th, 2005 at 09:32 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
by the way... do you say "okay" when he gets off the bus? just wondering...
Nope..never have...but I bet we start!!! thumbup

~V~

#111613 December 7th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Today my highlight was a little boy getting off the bus in his sweet little overalls and ball cap on backwards...marching into the house and looking me straight in the eye and saying...O.Kee..
That's my highlight today, too! kissies

#111614 December 7th, 2005 at 10:24 AM
I am sure the hanging is homemade. I recieved it as a gift. It happens to have a bit of my favorite Christmas song on it. "Do you see what I see..." So that makes it more special to me.

#111615 December 7th, 2005 at 11:47 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Triss, that is one of my personal holiday favorites....

That's my highlight today, too!
Oh Garden Ant cinja...I wish I would have taken a shot of him in his overalls and his cap on backwards for you...I will next time we get them on ....he is a cutie~PA~Tootie!!! luv
~V~

#111616 December 8th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
The bread maker requires a different type of flour and they have special recipes for them as well. You probably already know this but I am the type that never finds out about these things until long after everyone else so I just thought I would mention it. The cherry cheese danish were a BIG success and they are super easy to make. So that was a big highlight. And the elders really enjoy comming over for dinner and that's a big highlight too. And getting the floor cleaned is another big highlight. Now if I can just get the bathroom done I'll feel like I have the world by the tail lol.

#111617 December 8th, 2005 at 07:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlights today ~ getting on here to "catch up" for a change...

getting an ok report from the dr...

having the house to myself....

reading all the highlights y'all have had, especially p'nut!

#111618 December 18th, 2005 at 06:42 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Highlight of the day?
I got carded at the wine store! grinnnn

laugh What a joke... but I'm going back there again, thats for sure! laugh

#111619 December 18th, 2005 at 06:44 AM
Well good for you Bill!

My highlight is hearing all my kiddos hang out with my niece.

#111620 December 18th, 2005 at 01:41 PM
My highlight today was getting my seeds from the fall flower fling...Now I can go to sleep with visions of flowers flw flw flw flw in my new flower bed I started in the fall and will finish in the spring and enjoy throughout the summer. clp

#111621 December 20th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlight today? getting here for a change! miss y'all kissies

#111622 December 20th, 2005 at 10:46 AM
Jiffymouse HI!! Hope you're feeling better!! Highlight seeing Jiffymouse!!
And Finding out we have Friday thru Monday Off. To Understand this excitement My Boss is a Scrooge!! No Christmas Parties, No Bonus, No cards.. But 2 DAYS OFF WITH PAY!! YEAH!! (He hasn't done that for us in about 5 years always have to go back day after holiday or if the holiday falls on a Sunday we have to work on that Saturday before.) Good thing I love what I do!!!

#111623 December 20th, 2005 at 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies thank you angel... the day off monday will be good for me too!

#111624 December 21st, 2005 at 02:15 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Definitely Suzydaze and the fall flower fling has been a big highlight. I even went so far as to get a real drawer for my seeds. It pulls out and everything lol.

Then I got invited to a new years eve party and that was great. So I am looking forward to that. And I got around to one of my cookbooks and found out that the recipes are a cut above most which is always good to find out lol.

In fact just about everything is a highlight today. I found a big bathrobe for my roommate so as soon as he leaves I'll wrap it and he'll have it for christmas and I won't have to see him walking around bare butted any more.

#111625 December 21st, 2005 at 02:13 PM
tk..I thought you kicked your roommate out???? That is great about your seed drawer, I use a plastic bucket with a good lid, plus I have several smaller boxes with "special" seeds.

My highlight today was being able to do nothing, I took the day off from all house work.

#111626 December 22nd, 2005 at 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlight spending time with my oldest daughter AGAIN this week, that's twice and we have a baking date for friday! thumbup

#111627 December 22nd, 2005 at 12:56 PM
My high light today was spending time with my oldest son, whom I hadn't seen for a couple of months, His birthday is tommarow and he just moved into a new apartment, So I took him a huge box full of food and household stuff, plus food for his little minpin Betty.

#111628 December 23rd, 2005 at 12:09 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I try to be very slow to act or react. Since my judgement is always suspect.

Yep I'm loving my new seed drawer. It's the perfect solution. But your right I also have several special seed boxes going all the time. There is the trade box, and now the fall fling box so there is a wider selection of seeds for that big exchange, and a box for Sister Blair who can't plant right now because she will be moving in May. But this way she will have something to remember me by and a pretty garden as well. She loves daisy like flowers. I wish I had some of those african kinds like Mr. Bill has that curl up sometimes. I think those are so cool. I know She would love those.

Anyway my highlights today are that the elders are comming to dinner and we are having stouffers lasagna. Which is one of my favorites. Just pop in the oven and eat. Can't get much easier than that lol.

#111629 December 23rd, 2005 at 10:27 AM
My son called me today..It is his birthday, Wow is he that old already???? So then I called my mother to tell her about my revelation...Wow I guess I am getting old to have a son..That OLd???? So then her and I had a very bonding conversation, about how old she is and how she feels having a daughter that is old as I am....Anyway my mom and I never see eye to eye on anything nor can she complement me on anything....So to have a real bonding moment was very special.

#111630 December 24th, 2005 at 02:03 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I may have forgotten a highlight last week. I got a waffle iron. I've never owned one before and I think it is so cool to have one. I can't wait to make waffles but I kind of think I'm going to break it in on Christmas Morning. Don't you think Belgian Waffles sound like a good Christmas Morning treat?

#111631 December 25th, 2005 at 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup comfrey, enjoy those, you will need them later...

thumbup tk, i'd love some waffles, make me some too ok?

my highlight today? just getting here!

oh, and i got to talk to several members... to wish them a very mousey merry Christmas. if you didn't get a call, i don't have your number! (less 3 that i have to call yet... i ran out of road laugh laugh wink )

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard