This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#111584 December 1st, 2005 at 12:48 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Now that's the way to celebrate! thumbup

(you didn't have anything to do with it being full, did you? angell )

#111585 December 1st, 2005 at 12:50 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
you didn't have anything to do with it being full, did you?
NOPE! Not me!!! grinnnn

#111586 December 2nd, 2005 at 02:56 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!

I love christmas Cards. Hope you all are enjoying yours.

#111587 December 2nd, 2005 at 08:05 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I got my first Christmas card yesterday! grinnnn
I love getting Christmas cards, hooper!

And my highlight of today......... grinnnn

....drumroll, please.......... grinnnn

I am so happy I wish I could post a picture of me doing the banana dance...because I am doin' it right now!

Picture me here -------> [Linked Image]

Cindy Faye

#111588 December 2nd, 2005 at 08:11 AM
Good news all around today Cindy. I love getting cards as well and got a couple today. People here are on top of cards and I am just getting my list together.

My highlight.... SNOW!!!!!

Gotta love the stuff!

#111589 December 2nd, 2005 at 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so many highlights i can't count, but the biggest (besides getting tgh time kissies and, ALL 9 babies made it, with only a few broke leaves, so i can start new babies with the broke leaves!!! (oh, and i still love my job, they sent me to a seminar today on "helicopter parents" laugh laugh )

#111590 December 2nd, 2005 at 10:43 AM
OP Offline
Hi Jiffy! Good to see you!
So glad you are enjoying your job.
Helicopter parents is such an interesting phrase for them - I just love it, and was applauding when I first heard it on tv a few weeks ago.
My sister is one of those - my nephew is going to the same school that she went to (my son also just graduated from there, as did my sister's ex and his sister) so there is a long line in their family involved with that school. But... my sister still thinks it's "HER" school and goes to every function and bothers him about everything - even though it's a 4 hour drive for her. Talk about a HELICOPTER PARENT!

#111591 December 2nd, 2005 at 11:20 AM
My Highlight today is my 8 yearold grandson !
Today I went to have lunch with him as school,
(Grandparents lunch day) When I arrived he said ' Granny ( I've told him a million times NOT to call me GRANNY!!)( All my other Gran-kids call me Granma Didi) ANY WAY!! He said,"Granny, I promise I will never call you Granny again, IF you don't make me kiss you good-bye in front of my classroom, Needless to say I Waved bye to my oldest Grandson today from at LEAST 15 Ft away!! laugh laugh laugh And I got the thumbup thumbs up from him in return!! cool

#111592 December 2nd, 2005 at 01:04 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
( I've told him a million times NOT to call me GRANNY!!)
laugh laugh laugh
Somebody got *poofed* here once for calling ME "Granny"!
laugh [Linked Image] laugh

(But, Brennan gets to call me that!) grinnnn

#111593 December 2nd, 2005 at 01:15 PM
My mom is Granny. She chose it for herself when patrick was born. Me, when I get there want to be something else. Dunno what yet though.

#111594 December 2nd, 2005 at 01:19 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, I love "Granny"!
That's what I wanted Brennan to call me.
He called Andy "Pappy".

But, because all the other grandkids called my mom "Granny", he got confused...and started calling me Cindy Granny and called her Granny Granny....

Granny is good... thumbup
...unless it's some punk on the forum being mean to me! shk

#111595 December 2nd, 2005 at 01:51 PM
That is too funny Cindy. My Grandmom was MomMom to all of us kiddos.

#111596 December 2nd, 2005 at 09:22 PM
OP Offline
My husband's mother was MomMom to his sister's 2 kids - they are much older than ours.. She died when our son was 3 and he only saw her twice because we lived across the country, so he didn't really know her.

My husband's grandparents were Nana and PopPop.
Mine on both sides were Grandma and Grandpa, so I prefer that.

#111597 December 3rd, 2005 at 08:25 AM
My grandson Tre' asked me one day at the grocery store after watching a older woman(had to be in her 80's at least) gingerly pass us in the aisle ;stared at her for a long time(He was around 4 or 5 then) in thought: finally he said Granma Didi is a Granma and Granny the same thing??? I Laughed and told him when I get that old Yes I will certainly Be your Granny then, or you can call me Big MAMA, Ma-Dear, Grandmother, as I would have certainly have been all that to you , BUT untill then just call me Granma Didi , like you hear your cousins call me Auntie Didi and your aunts and uncles call me Didi I'm Grandma Didi Okay? He agreed untill 1st grade and realized the true meaning of Granny and has been razzing me ever since SO ONERY!!! SO...
afgreyparrott Granny IS okay But for him because he likes to razz me Granny is not okay lala laugh laugh
I Agree with "poofing" when Granny is taken out of context and used in a malichious manner frown

#111598 December 4th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I missed it. I don't know what it was,...but I know I missed it.

My highlight today was experimenting with a new recipe and having it come out really good. So now it's down in the recipe section.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

#111599 December 4th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
Tk I love experimenting with reciepes, Especially when you alter and substitude ingrediants.. And most important when you serve it and they say is that ALL you made make more next time!!
My highlite today is....
Today is 72 degrees right now!!!, with a light breeze Wonderful!!! It's supposed to get 80-85!!! Yeah Yard work time, and getting my new compose pile started... yesterday when I got up it was 27 degrees, this weather has got outside plants confused!! I opened ALL the Windows in the house, and am burning 'white rose' scented candles, NICE! I Am SO loving this!!
By the way I did a tribute to our garden friends by way of 'Twas the night before Christmas , posted in Poets, writters corner..
laugh
While being on garden forum IS addictive I'm going outside now YEA!!!!!!!!

#111600 December 4th, 2005 at 06:14 AM
My highlight was getting a bread machine..It is used but in new condition, now learning to use it.

#111601 December 4th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
My highlight for today. My granddaughter with 6 kids taking time to come over and wash and put back up my curtains and clean where I can't get down to.
Jimmy

#111602 December 5th, 2005 at 12:21 PM
My highlight today was using my new bread machine for the first time...The bread was ok...Not the same as home made, which I am use to, But I keep experimenting with recipes until I find one that works good for me...I did find out setting it on the deep freeze was not the right place, as it rumbled when kneading, so it needs a sturdier surface.

#111603 December 5th, 2005 at 01:44 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I'm Granny to my grandkids. I chose it. The other grandmother is Grandma. It is very confusing to everyone except us. laugh laugh My highlight for today is the sun dancing off the foot of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#111604 December 7th, 2005 at 12:57 AM
OP Offline
My highlight is noticing a new stem of growth on a passion flower plant that I brought inside to try and overwinter. I got the plant as a 4 inch cutting last May. It took off a bit outside last summer, but no flowers. After speaking with Will Creed about how to overwinter it, it is happily residing by the sliding glass doors in the kitchen. It did drop a bunch of leaves at first, but I'm ecstatic to see new growth not only on the original tip, but also mid-plant. kissies

#111605 December 7th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Great highlight Lynne. It is alwasy good for our souls to see spring in the middle of winter!

As for me, the highlight is that today is my official start to the Christmas season. So I get to decorate and make the house look fun for the kiddos. They love all the lights so I try to put up a lot.

#111606 December 7th, 2005 at 02:11 AM
OP Offline
oooooh - Triss - pictures please?!?!?!?

#111607 December 7th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
Of course I will post pics for ya! Got to get to it though. I kinda got sidetracked with unpacking. I am forever doing that and now have added a couple of projects to my list. Never ends, but still chugging away here.

#111608 December 7th, 2005 at 06:18 AM
Ok Lynne, Just for you. What I have gotten done this morning. There are lights in the garland, but I will have to take a pic at night to see them really well.

I am showing the before and after. This space is above my server on the wall between the living room and dining area. It can been seen from both, plus the kitchen and is a very focal wall in the house.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard