This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#111559 November 15th, 2005 at 03:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My highlight today was..... [Linked Image] winning $150 on a $2 scratch off lottery ticket [Linked Image]

I had exactly $2 left after shopping and decided to grab a lottery ticket on the way home...yeehaw!

#111560 November 15th, 2005 at 04:19 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
WTG G-mom. That's a nice winner.

#111561 November 15th, 2005 at 04:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait to hear about your baptism. I'm glad you found yourself a nice caring church thumbup I heard you mention elders in another post...could it be a Mormon church that you have joined? I don't mean to be nosy,It's just that I was raised in the Mormon church and yours sound similar to them.

#111562 November 15th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
On the button G-mom. They are very sweet and seem to have some answers that have eluded me for a long time.

#111563 November 16th, 2005 at 01:55 PM
clpsuch great news from my palies here. kissies I am so glad for you.

Tuesday is always my best day now.I don't have to go anywhere.

Cleaning up the house and doing the laundry....yippee!!!
no really .... nutz ..I actually enjoy it.
Then my girls come home from school,we get school work done.Have some dinner.

Woo Hoo..........then we play games.Chess,checkers,hearts,spades,cranium.

Nikki beat me in chess tonight (first time),I was so proud.

#111564 November 16th, 2005 at 02:24 PM
wavey oh shoot!

The trees,the lovely trees.If someone asked me my favorite plant it would have to be an evergreen tree.

I always get the blues this time of year.I can't help it.My plants and trees look so sad,bare, and dead.
Of course I know in my head they are only sleeping.

The pines and the cedars always make me smile. wink

#111565 November 16th, 2005 at 06:23 PM
my highlight of hte day is that i went for a consultation for laser hair removal , and he said that he could really help me. until now i have tried every thing known to man (or should i say woman) to get rid of unsightly hair but have never been able to actually get rid of it. and so even though this is a bit embarrassing to admit - i am so excited to start the treatments!! and the dr.is also a friend of my hubbie's so he gave us a 75% discount. now how can you beat that!?

#111566 November 17th, 2005 at 01:46 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Such a great deal Hinda!!!! thumbup

#111567 November 20th, 2005 at 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlights this week... been soooo busy...

1 ~ the new job thumbup if you want to know more about the camp, check out www.gclb.org

anyway, glad to be here today too, another highlight!

#111568 November 20th, 2005 at 12:15 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I am glad you posted this Jiff..I have been wondering about your new job this week! I am so glad you like it...that is half the battle!!!

Does your Lion's club sell the famous brooms?

My highlight today was feeding my kids...again! At the end of the day...that is what I am all about...doing for my family. "doing" is mostly cooking...but it just does my heart good to see them sitting around, enjoying a good meal and laughing...playing with the babies..but most of all, I am so very PROUD of the wonderful daddy MY baby has become. He is a wonderful father and adores my little goatbaby and is exceptional with Peanut! Who could ask for more... grinnnn

#111569 November 20th, 2005 at 12:22 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
goatbaby
I crack up every time I see that! laugh
I'm so proud of what a wonderful mommy Rachel turned out to be, too. I never would have thunk it! Duh

Yeah idea ...I finally downloaded a song I've been trying to get for a week.

Cinja

#111570 November 20th, 2005 at 12:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
...Does your Lion's club sell the famous brooms?...
yes we do. and, we collect used hearing aids, eye glasses, and cell phones. the glasses and hearing aids are cleaned, reconditioned, and recycled for needy folks, some here in the US, and some of the glasses go to other countries, depending on the need here. we are usually able to get new glasses for folks here in the US, but the cores of the hearing aids can be put into new "molds" (the part that goes in the ears) at a fraction of what new ones would cost. the cell phones go to different groups/people and/or are sold depending on the make/model/age/condition. but all are put to good use. some are programed for 911 only and given to people who would be out of contact otherwise.

#111571 November 20th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
and some of the glasses go to other countries,
My former pastor who is also a nurse practioner...now strictly does foriegn missions. He works with an optomotrist that travels with him so they collect old glasses as well. I will never forget him coming back from El Salvador and telling me about a woman who was in her 80's that had been almost completely sightless for most of her life. They did some work on her, fit her with glasses and she saw her grown children, grandchildren and great grandchildren for the first time!!! It was very overwhelming for him..(and me when I heard it!)

~V~

#111572 November 20th, 2005 at 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i guess i should add another highlight... while we are on the topic of touching "sight" stories... a woman came up to us today, gave us $25 for tickets, said to make the camp out as the purchaser, and told us that her granddaughter was one of the campers several years ago, and while she was there, she met her husband. then, was able to go back as a camp counselor for 2 more years! so, if you know of a blind person in ga,, particularly a child, let me know because the camp is free to the child all except a small registration fee, and lots of the lion's clubs even cover that! this is a sleep away camp specially set up with nature trails, horseback riding, swimming, all the "campy" stuff, but blind friendly.

#111573 November 22nd, 2005 at 02:03 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I went out and bought a 3 1/2 foot high artificial christmas tree today and that's my highlight. I look forward to decorating it next week. Won't that be cool.

#111574 November 24th, 2005 at 08:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love decorating the christmas tree tk. one of my favorite things to do!

my highlight today? getting off work a little early, then discovering i came home to an EMPTY house!!! YEAH! i can get my garden helper fix laugh laugh

#111575 November 24th, 2005 at 11:54 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
lol sounds good to me.

Today my highlight was getting rid of a trojan horse virus.

#111576 November 27th, 2005 at 01:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tk, that's yuck, but you got rid if it thumbup

highlights... yesterday, the kids took me out to dinner...

this morning, i saw the first bird in my bird feeder since i moved it!

#111577 November 27th, 2005 at 02:28 AM
OP Offline
Isn't that exciting Jiffy?
I love watching birds in winter - they are so busy keeping their little bodies warm!
This morning there was a blue jay just busy as a beaver tapping something on our Japanese Maple tree out back. Beautiful colors on this dreary looking day!

#111578 November 27th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
OP Offline
One of my highlights today

[Linked Image]

It's a lisianthus (annual here) that I brought inside this fall, and has had this one flower on it for over a week now!

#111579 November 30th, 2005 at 04:23 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
My highlight today has been the "happiness" of the past week!
Spending quality time with my family for the holidays.
Landing a WONDERFUL Doc for P~Nutty.
Getting to cook a late, pressure free Thanksgiving meal....
A full nights sleep for the baby.. thumbup
The excitement of a "possible" house...

Ya know, after you go through one of those bad deep vallies of crisis where nothing goes right...it is so refreshing to have some "possitives" hit home!!!!

~V~

#111580 November 30th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My highlight of the day was realizing it was Tuesday before Wednesday got here!

shocked laugh

#111581 December 1st, 2005 at 12:31 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My highlight for the day is the fact that Bill has maxxxed his PM box out yet AGAIN!
laugh laugh p laugh laugh laugh p

grinnnn

#111582 December 1st, 2005 at 12:34 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
What...NO dancing banananana.... laugh

~V~

#111583 December 1st, 2005 at 12:46 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
O.K...dancing banana and BOLD letters!

[Linked Image] laugh [Linked Image] laugh [Linked Image] laugh [Linked Image]

BILL'S PM BOX IS FULL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

grinnnn

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard