This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111023 December 17th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looky at what I bought yesterday!!!! I can't wait to get it...I'm so excited! thumbup It's just about the best Xmas present ever! clp

birdfeeder

Mark could've built me something, but probably not as nice, and I would've had to wait forever....I'm still waiting on him to finish up the rest of the kitchen.... :p

#111024 December 17th, 2005 at 08:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Loz...I came SO close to ordering that today...then realized that all my windows except in Lola's bedroom and the bathroom are only 3 feet from the ground. I had to remove my bird feeder that was on a 5 foot post this summer because the outside cat (with no name) ters

"Oh, I been through the desert on a cat with no name....." nutz lala

#111025 December 17th, 2005 at 08:16 AM
LOZ THAT IS SOOOO KEWL!!! I saw one of those in a catalog that I got but can't remember which one it was....maybe plow and hearth?? (wish books laugh ) but this one was like 50 something bux! it was really nice but I like yours better! I'd LOVE to have one! smile you'll have to take pictures and stuff and take pictures of the birdies that are gonna be looking back at you! hopefully they won't try to fly into your living room or something and accidently bump into the window! you are soooo lucky to be getting one!

#111026 December 17th, 2005 at 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then realized that all my windows except in Lola's bedroom and the bathroom are only 3 feet from the ground
But Cindy, think of the view you'd have while on the throne!!!! laugh

Miss Jamie...you know I saw a few cheaper ones for 30-50 dollars but they all mounted with suction cups even though they were wood...and then I started wondering how good they'd really stay up being so heavy....So I splurged on that one...I like the bay window effect...think it's pretty neat looking! And I never even thought about the close up pictures I could get....I mean DUH that never even crossed my mind!!!! clp

#111027 December 17th, 2005 at 08:28 AM
yea I've saw the one's with the suction cups too but I think I'd be to scared that it would fall and the birdies would get hurt. cindy I know whatcha mean about the cat killing the birdies...I wanted to kill my cat when I caught him killing a birdie but it was to late frown oh well it's there instinct to do that cuz their hunters but it's still sad frown

#111028 December 17th, 2005 at 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know years ago my little small doggy was out on our back porch at moms---I looked over and all of a sudden there were bird legs hanging out of his mouth....he swallowed it--bird beak, legs, and all in one big gulp....I couldn't believe it...Cat's yeh, but not dogs...it's not like he wasn't fed good either.... :rolleyes:

Man UPS is loving me this year.....it's so great that it was free shipping.....hard to tell what you'd pay for shipping on something that heavy.

#111029 December 17th, 2005 at 08:42 AM
That is an awesome feeder. Would be a good one to have around for kids. It is too bad all my widnows open sideways.

#111030 December 17th, 2005 at 09:27 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Now that is one great feeder, especially for photography. I'd buy one myself, but now that I see how it's done I can build one for just a couple of dollars. I think I will Start on it this week, LOL!

#111031 December 17th, 2005 at 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of dollars???? laugh

I would've had Mark build me one, but I doubt it would've been exactly like this one and I love it-and he's so busy working that he doesn't really have time.

Money isn't an issue anyway since it was a christmas gift from my brother.

#111032 December 17th, 2005 at 10:39 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
.....it's so great that it was free shipping.....hard to tell what you'd pay for shipping on something that heavy.
Bill probably knows! laugh [Linked Image] laugh

#111033 December 18th, 2005 at 01:49 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Yeah, Loz, I use scrap lumber from construction or demolition sites to build many of my nest boxes and feeders. All I have to buy then is the nails, screws, and/or hinges.

#111034 December 21st, 2005 at 11:44 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I have this big sheet of plexiglass that I haven't done a thing with yet. There maybe a plan forming for us sidways opening window people hum let me think............I'll let you know. Probably down in arts and crafts.

#111035 December 24th, 2005 at 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I LOVE!!!!! that bird feeder. One of those would be perfect in my kitchen window. Alas I already asked for a palm size drill/screwdriver...<sigh>>

#111036 December 25th, 2005 at 01:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got if a few days ago Oui and I love it! thumbup It's probably the best thing I've ever bought for myself, other than my computer....

Once it warms back up I'll put it in the window...I just wish I could do it now!

Link Copied to Clipboard