This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#110290 June 28th, 2005 at 09:57 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I can't say any of the words I'm thinking. Some one pulled out my only orange zinnia by the roots then plucked off the flower and left the stem on top of the moss roses. I was fit to be tied this morning. Wanted to bite something really hard. Ok, I got that out so I feel alittle better. But I still think some people are damaged. They could of picked the flower without destroying the plant darn it.

Thanks for listening to me. You all are great.

#110291 June 28th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would make me soooooo mad......Last year someone(a teenager at night I suspect), pushed off one of my huge metal windowboxes full of petunias over the edge of the cement wall......they weigh a ton and it's about a 8 foot drop.....Made me so angry.....It's a good thing I didn't catch them doing it.....I don't understand why some people do things like that....

#110292 June 28th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
Meg Offline
Awwe, sorry tk. That's just mean. Mean people suck.

#110293 June 28th, 2005 at 11:32 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I try not to get really angry about things but I do feel the need to vent some. Otherwise I'm like a pressure cooker with the valve closed.

If they had just put it back in the ground it would have grown more flowers. But by the time I got to it this morning it was completely dried out. So I put it in the compost heap. I guess this must be my week for uglies. I have three of the light pink, that would have been easier to take.

And I guess I'm lucky that they didn't damage the peonies. That would have been a huge blow to me.

An entire flower box loz? I'd have been dusting for finger prints and putting up motion activated cameras about then. Someone who does that needs to be punished. There just isn't any to ways about it.

My garden is kind of in a public place so, if someone not to bright comes along they may think it is ok to pick the flowers. And they may have inadvertantly pulled it out of the soil. They may not of even known that it was possible to put it back in the soil.

I just remind myself that I knew this was likely to be a problem when I started and to take it with a grain of salt. I want everyone to be able to enjoy the garden and even pick a flower from time to time. I just wish they would wait until I have the seeds harvested first so I have some to plant next year lol. What do you think? Should I put a sign up that says let me harvest the seeds first then you can pick the flowers? lol. Ok boy, I can tell I'm getting weird. It must be the heat.

#110294 June 29th, 2005 at 06:21 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
I'm so sorry TK frown I had someone last year stomp all over my red dwarf lily >.< luckily though, the bulb survived and i have 8 gigantic flowers that just opened last night!

Personally, what i'd do is put up a sign that says "please do not pick the flowers." and then pick them yourself and put em in a vase later on sometime and either give em away or make a buck ^.^

~Phoebe

#110295 June 29th, 2005 at 07:01 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I did get out there this evening and get the pretty almost red one. I only have one of those so I wanted to make sure I got the seeds. I hope it developes the side branches. One of the pink ones has but it's the only one so far.

#110296 June 29th, 2005 at 09:52 AM
I'd have been dusting for finger prints and putting up motion activated cameras about then. Someone who does that needs to be punished
We actually thought to do that a few years ago, but ended up with a motion detector light instead - seems some neighbor kids had it out for our son - he was too booksmart and computer saavy for them so they bullied him all the time at school. Then they decided to start egging our house about 5 times, and the last straw was when they pulled out the mailbox for the 4th time and trampled my garden by it! We could never nail them because we didn't hear them in the middle of the night, so the police couldn't/wouldn't do anything. We put up a motion detector spotlight on the maple tree trunk by the mailbox!!! This thing goes off every time any car, cat, squirrel, leaf, etc goes by - too bad - this is what it came to, to give us peace of mind. And... we live in a really nice neighborhood too...

#110297 June 29th, 2005 at 08:46 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I take it the parents are as bad as the kid? I'd be sending them all the columbine information I could find. Give them a hint. But then under some circumstances I can be a real pain. Bully is wrong, really wrong. What about the principle. Is he/she a see do evil...type? These kids have got to learn that bullying will not be tolerated.

#110298 June 29th, 2005 at 08:47 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Just give me an address. I'll go sit on him or the parents. That's about the most I can do anymore. To old and fat to do anything else.

#110299 June 30th, 2005 at 12:39 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Call 357 mine are protected by Smith and Wesson. all jokeing aside I must live in a better neighborhood than I thought as no one here has ever had that happen. People kids and all will ask for a flower if they want it. I am always giving away full plants to anyone who wants one. MY neighbor's wife makes him come get the plants I give her she speaks only spanish but all her flowers came from Abuelo next door (grandfather) which all the kids here call me grandpa in at least two language's.
Police never come out here we protect ourselves and each other. One crime out here since 87 ( a sexual assualt on a pregnant women) we called police they wouldn't come so they were sent a message not to come on this property as they would be trespassing and we will handle our own problems. So now if we needed a cop we would call Dallas co. or Fort Worth or DFW police.

#110300 June 30th, 2005 at 02:20 AM
I would have a few choice words too. wink
People do not have respect for other people and other peoples things it seems. This is very sad and with all your hard work TK.
pushed off one of my huge metal windowboxes full of petunias
mad

they bullied him all the time at school.
That is awful! I was a bully in school but it was to other bullies! What is so fun about picking on someone who seems weaker or different than you??? They sure won't go after someone who is just as big. I detest this behavior.

Donna flw

#110301 June 30th, 2005 at 02:56 AM
LMT Offline
Here in cornland, we get to know our neighbors. No problems for me. (The keys are in the ignition and have been for 7 freaking years!)

#110302 June 30th, 2005 at 03:12 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
You know, people just think they can do whatever they want now days. Sad. I had to move my youngest daughter to a different school in a different town she was being bullied so bad her frosh year of high school. The school principle told her unless he saw it, he couldn't do anything. Well get your butt out of the office and out into the halls then!!!! The change of schools was like magic...she was accepted by all, made tons of friends and is so happy at the different school Her grades improved 1000% I hear the bullies had a new target this year who is begging her mother to quit school. I don't have a clue what is wrong with that school district, the parents are as bad as the kids. Mean people. And this is a small rural town with no crime and the values are suppose to be so good.

I live out in the country at the end of a dead end road. Not like anyone would pick my flowers except the masked rodent. That animal chomped off 2 of my portulacas! That beast....I have bb gun and I am going to learn how to use it!!!!! If I have to sit up all night I am going to chase him off.

I do go on don't I?

#110303 June 30th, 2005 at 03:47 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well a few bb's in the backside just might do it. The portulaca's have such a short life anyway it's not far that some rodent come along and snatch them. I just love those things. I've been collecting the seeds. Talk about a chore. They are so small.

#110304 June 30th, 2005 at 11:32 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
*pulls out her olympic standard pellet rifle* I use one of these babies to scare away animals in my yard ^.^ It has the sound of a .22 when you dry fire it, so it scares the deer off pretty good when they bite the apples off.

~Phoebe

#110305 June 30th, 2005 at 06:12 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi phoebe,

It sounds like you are a softy. How long do they stay away for?

#110306 June 30th, 2005 at 07:38 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
lol they stay away for a few days ^.^ until i got the gun, they came to my yard for safety lol. I always thought it would be kinda dumb to shoot deer in my backyard though >.o But ya, I'd love to go hunting ^.^ I just have a really low attention span and i don't know anyone who would take me out with them so i could learn stuff *shrugs*

~Phoebe

#110307 July 5th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
I have a 5 year old and he made me so proud this year in School. He has cousin who cannot talk too well he is really hard to understand. Well one day he came home and we were talking about his day he said he only played with Dillan no one else (Dillan is his cousin). I said you know you need to play with everyone not just Dilly. He said mom they wont play with Dillan and make fun of him because of the way he talks, so they are not friends of mine. He is the most compashionet little boy, he wont even hit back because he dont want to hurt their mommys feelings by hitting their kid. I felt honored to be his mother on that day though. Makes me so proud some days! luv So Glad he is mine!
If I ever caught a child of mine treating others like that I'd do some bullying of my own on their hinney!

Link Copied to Clipboard