This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109486 January 3rd, 2005 at 07:06 AM
Oh Sheri, what a fine looking family you have got! thumbup You must be so proud!

Merme

#109487 January 4th, 2005 at 02:34 AM
My children and nieces and nephews are a great bunch of people. All of them have turned out to be nice, hard working individuals.

#109488 January 4th, 2005 at 07:43 PM
OP Offline
Oh Sheri, they are gorgeous!

Hey there, Apples! I love smoothies! Especially at this time of year when the vitamins are so helpful. Do you use frozen berries in yours? Anyone got any good standard recipes?

Merme- loved the soup story. I get my 6-year-old to eat spinach by cooking it into quiche.

#109489 January 5th, 2005 at 04:59 AM
Hi Miss Bess ~ wavey

Clever girl to disquise spinach into quiche!

I remember Maxi's first experiments with raw vegetables. I handed him a small salad when he was three and he said "I no bunny, hop, hop, hop!"

I won't even share what he said the day I filled celery sticks with peanut butter, but I will admit the look on his face was rather bleak. Rather.

Now that he is 9, he will eat all fruits and vegetables except lima beans, but in those early years he had soup every day just to get the vegetables in him. Ya gotta do what cha gotta do.

So now I'm off for some chamomile tea and then to bed. I've been creeping around the house at all wee hours lately and it has caught up to me at last.

Night all ~

Merme

#109490 January 5th, 2005 at 05:51 AM
Hi all, I had to laugh at your ways of getting the kids to eat vegies-- I used to puree all sorts of veggies and mix them into cooky dough- carrots- zuch, cauliflower into mashed potatos-- kids never caught on.... powdered milk in all sorts of stuff too- meatloaf, hamburghers, protein powder in smoothies- homemade ice cream too - we lived in Az was not a problem getting them to eat popsicles made of pureed fruit and protein powder and a little jello to hide it better... now I add it to pancakes - cookies- and smoothies for my grands too- I mentioned it to my oldest sometime around Christmas and she insisted I couldn't have done that.... little did she know!
I still freeze all the little bits of vegies leftover from meals and when I have a full container add it pureed to the next batch of chili or beefstew I make....

#109491 January 5th, 2005 at 02:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a great idea Nana...a perfect way to use leftovers and add extra vitamins to my familys food. Insted of just sticking the leftover veggies in the fridges...I'm gonna start freezing them too! Don't tell my family though...I can see their faces now :p laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#109492 January 6th, 2005 at 05:56 AM
Duh G-Mom,
I'll never tell..been doing it to my kids and grands for yrs- you would think they would have noticed but never did- told my oldest the secret a few weeks ago and she insists I never did that-- showed her the container I have in the freezer with bits and pieces in it almost ready to puree and add to something--- she was speechless!
She is 37 yrs old now!

#109493 January 6th, 2005 at 08:44 PM
A
A
I have to say, I'd be speachless to!
A pretty shocking thing find out theirs vegtables in you favorite cookies Duh
Frozen ingreedients seem to give it a better concistency too.
I like experimenting. I've only gotten something non drinkable once. My best so for is a small hand full of blueberries, five or six rasberries, three strawberries, 2/3 of a banana, one grated baby carrot, a cup of cranberry juice and if it to think I add some soy milk, takes away the bitter sweet tast of so many berries. Not verry divers I know but it always tasts great.
I liked, "coffe drinkers prayer" it a good poem.
I used to drink way to much coffee once I left school. I was up at all hours so their was no reason not to.
I like yerba matte alot! It's an herbal tea from south america. It tasts a little grassy but it has so many nutrishing compounds, that's understandable. You can't boil it so I like to put a tea bag in a pot of water and put it on low, so it gets nice and strong and ready to drink when it's as hot as it can be. Otherwise I just have it cold. It has a substance in it that is like a bretherin of coffee but is naturally occuring and actualy clenses your system, like a more energising green tea with tons of nutrients.
It won't help keep you up if your trying to stay up late to finnish some work or something, you "come off it" very fast if your tired because it apparently helps ballence your biological clock. It works great for me, an experienced insomniac.
Every now and then though I have to give in and have a nice rich coffee.

#109494 January 6th, 2005 at 08:56 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
*pokes apples* hi!

I think my boyfriend kinda sorta accidently stole ur name >.o his name's apple.

~Phoebe

#109495 January 7th, 2005 at 08:16 PM
A
A
That's fine, I'll be his brothers or something wink

#109496 January 11th, 2005 at 01:31 AM
Hi Miss Bess ~

Oh, where you been lately?

Merme

#109497 January 11th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I was wondering the same thing this morning.... Duh

Got a nice Chardonnay in my cuppa right now. muggs
I was thinking more on the line of Burgandy again tonight, but it makes my teeth look purple while I'm drinking it. frown
So, last night I had the bright idea to sip it thru a straw...
You know...it goes down so much faster guzzling it thru a straw!
All of a sudden...BAM! shk laugh

#109498 January 11th, 2005 at 02:39 AM
I have a situation. I work in a sick building. This building was built over a place where water used to stand all the time. There was a little shopping area here and a movie theatre. I don't know the exact particulars, but they to be moved because of the standing water. A bunch of rocks were brought in and my building was built. There was a cut through area to the main road but it was closed due to having to dig a big ditch and fill it full of rocks because of water. Anyway, there is very little ventilation in this building and when I go to work I get a terrible headache. All of us are sick a lot of the time and today one of my friends said "Sheri, don't you have allergies to mold." I do. She said that's probably causing my headaches and that makes sense. Wonder what I can do other than quit my job.

#109499 January 11th, 2005 at 02:56 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Mold is one of my worst allergies, even worse than my allergy to BIRDS! It gives me a terrible headache. Geez, Sheri.....I couldn't work in a place where I had a headache all the time. I'm goin' like this frown right now just thinking about it.

What ARE you going to do???

frown

#109500 January 11th, 2005 at 03:29 AM
One option is to phone the EPA in your area and explain about your building. They are a government agency and work independently of any owners. They will come in and test your building for air quality. If it is truly bad with mold or other not-good-stuff to be breathing, they will insist the owners both clean it up AND do whatever it takes to rectify the problem so it doesn't happen again.

I've worked with the EPA twice, in two separate locations and they were fair and wonderful and had the clout to get the job done! Nice folks who really care about living things and the environment.

Blessings to you.
Merme

#109501 January 11th, 2005 at 09:08 PM
OP Offline
I'm here! I'm here!

I was under the weather last week, then busy RAKING LEAVES, which I had put off in the autumn, when normal people do that sort of thing. Luckily, we've had a warm spell and I thought I'd better get out and do them before the cold hits this weekend. We have a big, old oak tree and I use it's leaves on the flower beds to keep them warm in the winter, then rake them off when the weather warms in spring.

Merme's idea is SO SENSIBLE! I'd like to take sensibilty lessons from her. I think you can even ask the EPA to keep the request anonymous, if you're afraid the owners of the building may take some sort of offense.

Cindy- I'm a flower gardener who's allergic to pollen. I just weed and sneeze, weed and sneeze.

I've got this Nescafe Frothe stuff in my cuppa today, and it really is frothy!

#109502 January 11th, 2005 at 09:22 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cindy- I'm a flower gardener who's allergic to pollen. I just weed and sneeze, weed and sneeze.
Been there, done that! thumbup
Back in the summer when I was digging my pond, it was a muddy mess. My nose started running, I was sneezing, and didn't have a Kleenex handy. Well, I kept putting my hands over my mouth when I sneezed...out of reflex. I mean, I should have just let the germs go with the wind... nutz
Maybe because of a bad experience I had when that Coffee-Mate flavored stuff came out back in the early 90's. frown

Might have to check out that stuff out sometime.

For me, it's still Maxwell House in the cuppa right now. Having a hard time getting started today.

#109503 January 11th, 2005 at 10:57 PM
I have started out with one of those weeks, took hubby's truck yesterday to get the tire balanced at wal mart, the guy there didn't do his job so when I got home I got yelled at for some jerk not doing his job. so today I had to take it back to another place and get it done again. this time they put the balance on the out side and he sould be happy, but probably will not be because I noticed that one on the back tire is gone now. I think they are just falling off, why would they be falling off.

But anyway I told him last nite to go yell at the guy at wal mart. told him if more men would go punch the lights out on the guy who screwed up instead of taking it out on their wives the jerk who wasn't doing his job would either quit or straighten up. The men in these places take advantage of women because they know they can. If more men would go and throw their fit up there it would stop.

#109504 January 11th, 2005 at 11:16 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
This is it, in a nutshell.....
The men in these places take advantage of women because they know they can.
I know nothing about a vehicle except you put gas in it and check the oil once a year or so when that light comes on inside. My car has gotten over 2 quarts low on oil before. frown
Guys (not all) know that most (but not all) women know nothing about vehicles, and take advantage of that fact.

Around here where I live, women need to get the husband, brother, friend to take a vehicle in for anything, or she WILL get screwed!

#109505 January 11th, 2005 at 11:20 PM
and men don't want to go because they hate to sit and wait in line to get it worked on.

that's it, if they know you're a woman alone they screw you.

I've noticed they do better if I tell them up front "my husband will be checking this when I get home."

But most do not care, they do sloppy work just because it's a woman and they know they can get by with it

well gotta run, got house work and cooking to do.

#109506 January 11th, 2005 at 11:45 PM
Originally posted by suzydaze:
I think they are just falling off, why would they be falling off.
The idiot didn't clamp them on tight enough!

I went to technical school and received my A.A.S. in Automotive Technology. I don't work on my own vehicle now, though, but it helps when I have to take it in to be serviced. I let them know that I know what they are talking about and that they can save each of us some trouble by doing the job right the first time.

You know the old adage, "if you don't use it, you lose it"? That's me. I haven't had to work on an old car in so long, I couldn't diagnose anything now. BUT, mechanics don't know that! wink

Dianna

#109507 January 12th, 2005 at 04:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I will call the EPA. Now, I have a question about putting pictures on the web. I use PictureTrail and go through IrfanView to make them look good. I'm trying to brighten some up. They are looking good on IrfanView but when I look at them on PictureTrail, prior to posting them, they are still too dark. Any ideas why this is happening? Cindy, you've helped me before can you try it again. They are the pictures in Christmas 2004. The ones of the woman holding the candle, there are 3 of her, and the one of the women at the table. I need them light enough to be able to email them and have them seen.

#109508 January 12th, 2005 at 05:26 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Sheri...I will check it out. thumbup

#109509 January 13th, 2005 at 03:35 PM
The idiot didn't clamp them on tight enough!
okay I completely understand now why they are falling off laugh laugh Thanks so much this explains everything.

you know, maybe I've been thinking of taking the wrong kind of class idea I'll think that one over. Would sure love to know what the heck they are doing to my car. My brother is a mechanic, he use to work on my car for me, that was before he re married. this new wife is a Bit*h and will not let him help anyone

#109510 January 16th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Oh, Miss Bess ~ Are you feeling better and have you finished raking leaves?

What's in your cuppa these days?

Merme

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard