This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109461 December 28th, 2004 at 10:51 PM
OP Offline
Hello, folks! I know it's a bit early to be calling it a new year, but if I know the Coffeehousers, we're filling our cuppas all ready! Happy New Year!

I need something warm in my cuppa. Someone was telling me about a drink called a Snow rose the other day. What was it? Warm cranberry juice and something potent? Anyone know?

#109462 December 28th, 2004 at 10:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I don't know Duh ...but that sounds pretty good.
I've got a nice, hot cuppa Maxwell House right now, but just realized it's 5 o'clock somewhere, and maybe it's time for a glass of burgundy. thumbup

Cindy

#109463 December 28th, 2004 at 11:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good, Cindy and Bess! thumbup Warm me up a cup too? laugh

#109464 December 28th, 2004 at 11:18 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Bess,
My husband PROMISED me he'd bring home some Bailey's tonight, since he forgot to get it for me for Christmas... I am salivating as we speak!
Although he said he'd bring home Pizza tonight for dinner too, and I had thoughts of Pizza and Baileys' not too sure that's a good combo????
I will have to rethink that one...

Hmmmmmmmmmm??? Dinner or Liquid??? Hmmmmmmmmm???

I just bought some White Cranberry and Peach juice in the grocery store, it's a very light peachie/rosie colored drink, looked really good.
My kids don't like it, and they like just about every juice I give them, but I LOVED IT!!!!
I normally get my self White Grape Juice and Peach, but thought this sounded like a nice change.

Weezie

#109465 December 29th, 2004 at 12:11 AM
Meg Offline
My mother in law bought a big canister of Folgers while they were here, and I still have almost half of it left. I like it. It's at least better than the cheapest store brand I can buy stuff.

Last night, I cracked open a bottle of southern comfort, and had about a 1/3 of a glass of it, with some ice. Mmmm. I think I could drink more of it tonight. It was tasty. I haven't had that stuff in a loooong time.

Meg

#109466 December 29th, 2004 at 12:43 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Mmmm. I think I could drink more of it tonight.
laugh muggs

I got a bottle of Moet for Christmas that I'm dying to open...
But...saving it for a special occasion! lala

Cindy

#109467 December 29th, 2004 at 02:37 AM
Hot or cold it's Pepsi for me. I have started drinking green tea in the morning.

#109468 December 29th, 2004 at 02:40 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sheri,
My sister~in~law swears by that tea..
(**well, I don't mean she cusses or says bad words by it, hehehehe wink laugh )
But she likes it's cleansing ablilities and antioxidents...supposed to be very good for you.

Weezie

#109469 December 29th, 2004 at 05:11 AM
I do green tea in the morning. Acutally have a ice tea maker and usual make about 2 quarts and drink it over a week.
smile

#109470 December 29th, 2004 at 08:15 PM
OP Offline
flw

Over here, all that we can hope for is a good snow to keep our gardens from the frigid winds!

#109471 December 29th, 2004 at 08:23 PM
Hi Lady Bess ~ wavey

I for one am glad you started the new thread a bit early; I like talking to you!

I'm not much for flavored coffees as I like mine the old fashioned way: High Octane, fully leaded, strong and hot! With just a titch of the wimp in me revealed when I drop in a bit of half and half...

But someone gave me a small packet of Sugar Plum Coffee in my Christmas Stocking. Sounds good, doesn't it? Could be I'm just infatuated with the phrase "Visions of Sugar Plums Danced In Their Heads". Dunno.

Oh, Meg, just a tip for ya. When my budget causes me to buy inexpensive coffee that doesn't taste too good, I always mix it with a better quality brand. Use some of that Folgers you have got to doctor up the lesser coffee.

Anybody else sleepyheaded after the Holiday? I wrote in another post that all I can think of is naps and more naps. Makes me want to ask Santa to give me Naps next year....
thumbup

Merme

#109472 December 29th, 2004 at 10:47 PM
wavey Afternoon all,
I love the idea of a coffee right about now-- it is chilly and getting chillier right now- getting windy again....snow we got last week melted- mostly but we may get some more tonight...

I do the same as Merme- mix me expensive coffee with my regular brand - I keep the good stuff in the freezer too- wrapped really well...still have some Kona I got in Hawaii almost 4 years ago-- just a little but it is so good!

As soon as the boys get picked up I am taking a nap today- I have been waking up around 5 every morning and that makes for very long days for me--- got dinner in the crock - just chic and mushroom soup to serve with noodles but at least it is done...

#109473 December 30th, 2004 at 11:46 PM
OP Offline
Mmmm... that's all I want in the wintertime. SOUP! Just gimmee a nice, hot cuppa soup and some crackers and I can really enjoy life. Lentil, clam chowder, you name it. Oh, and when I don't feel too great, tomato soup picks me up like nobody's business. Just good ol' Campbell's made with water. Ahhhhhh...

Then a nap! But when is there time?

My husband and I were wearily wandering through a shopping mall some years ago and I came up with an idea to have a store that sold naps. You could pay $20. and just go in and lie down on a cot for twenty minutes. Don't you think that's be great?

#109474 December 30th, 2004 at 11:55 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
a store that sold naps.
I saw on a documentary that they actually do that in China. It was pretty weird...this one place they showed pulled this bed out, like in a morgue, and the person laid down on it and they closed it back up. WILD! sca

Cindy

#109475 December 31st, 2004 at 04:10 AM
Green tea is supposed to be great for all sorts of things. I start my day off good. I have Total or oatmeal with blueberries. I drink water and some green tea. Then it's downhill. I drink Pepsi the rest of the day - fully loaded. I've tried to get off the stuff but I just flat out like it.

#109476 December 31st, 2004 at 05:29 PM
So what's in everyone's planned cuppas for tonight?

And Bess, I'm with you on the soup. The kid and I eat soup all the time, all the time.

When he was quite young he wouldn't eat any vegetables on his plate but he WOULD eat them if I diced them real small and tossed them into his soup. He'd eat every last bite. You can't imagine the veggies I got down that kid in his soup.

Then one day when he was 3 1/2, I was in a hurry and I cut the vegetables into bigger chunks. I put the bowl on the table in front of my son and he looked down at it for a moment. With a small sigh of despair he said

"Mama, I HATE when there is food in my soup!"

laugh laugh laugh

That one still makes me laugh....

Merme

#109477 December 31st, 2004 at 10:58 PM
A
A
That's so great!
When I was a kid the only vegetables I would conciously eat were brusle sprouts because they looked so funny and my grandma always put them in her stew. I'd eat them whole most of the time. Other then that I liked celery but only if it was packed with peanutbutter and ligned with raisins grinnnn
Remembering being a kid sometimes is almost as great as being one was!
I made this smoothy last night with mixed berries, banana, eggnog, mango juice, shredded carot, a bit of zuchini, crushed almonds, an a bit of peanut butter. It sounds a little off but it usually turns out really good, you just have to keep throwing berries in untill you get the right colour and if it smells good it (probably) tasts good. The peanut butter kind of took over though and it just tasted like refreshing peanut butter. Their's always next time to find the perfect mix, but it's always a guess.
I think I'll bendreaming in the new year as I've got a bad cold.
Going back a bit, If it were in the teens around here I might be running around naked grinnnn It was -42 with the wind chill last week. "Luckily" it went up to the -2 all the way back to +3 and we have an ice storm starting! This is how it seems to go every year up here. We get a little snow around mid november, everything melts and it's unusualy warm with no snow untill a week befor christmass, then it gets so cold you can't go outside for more then an hour.
I kind of like the cold now. Just don't like waking up and having to crawl out of a nice warm bed into a refridgerated room, that's what you get for living in a basement.

#109478 January 2nd, 2005 at 07:32 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, I just ran across this, and just HAD to post it!!

Coffee Drinker\'s Prayer

Meg

#109479 January 2nd, 2005 at 07:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup Totally COOL,Meg...thanks for sharing that with all of us "Coffee Addicts" laugh laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#109480 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:24 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It restoreth my buzz:
Especially when mixed 50/50 with Bailey's! muggs

#109481 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:28 AM
Look at my beautiful daughter and neices. And keep in mind that they all look just like me. laugh

http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2152270/6128739/78666959.jpg

#109482 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:34 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Which one is your daughter? Duh

#109483 January 3rd, 2005 at 03:50 AM
The one in the white sweater.

#109484 January 3rd, 2005 at 04:09 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
She's beautiful.
Actually, they're ALL beautiful!
They look so much alike!
(Just like you!) Duh

I love those curtains.
I want them! eek

Cindy

#109485 January 3rd, 2005 at 05:50 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Hey Meg...Thanks for that NEAT prayer...just had to have it for hubby...he is a FOLGERS addict!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard