This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Will,
You posted an answer.......
Super thrive is widely advertised and available. However, I think it is a waste of money. B vitamins are of no value to plants. The hormones and other unspecified ingredients in this product are also of dubious value.
Although this product makes many elaborate claims, the manufacturer has refused to divulge its ingredients so that it can be tested by independent scientists. I wonder why?

Have you heard of something from the QVC shopping channel, called "Spray~n~Grow"?
Wondering if you've ever heard of that, and
your personal feelings on it.
It's a micro nutrient, not to replace your fertilizer, it's to be considered like a vitamin to your plant.
So far, I give it a thumbs up! Works reasonable well for me.
Just need a larger way to apply it......
Just curious!!!!
Weezie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Weezie,

I had to do a little research to find out just what is in Spray n' Grow. Bottom line: You pay a lot of money for very little.

plants use mostly macro nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium), minor nutrients (in small quantities) and minor or micro nutrients (trace elements) in very tiny quantities. Quality fertilizers are complete. That means they contain ALL of the essential nutrients. Check the fine print of a fertilizer label to see if it ontains mico or trace elements. If it does, then that is all you need.

Spray n' Grow contains only two of the meicronutrients and nothing else, none of the more important macro nutrients. So you have to use the stuff in addition to a fertilizer that has all of the nutrients except zinc and iron and that is very hard to find. It is also expensive.

The whole fertilizer, plant food , plant nutrient business is vastly over rated. The claims made are outrageous and prey on people's ignorance of what plants really need. Most plants are grown in potting mixes that have more than enough nutrients to supply a plant until it needs fresh soil.

The manufacturers never tell you that the hazards of over fertilizing are far greater than under fertilizing.

For those who want to know more on this topic, I have written an article on plant foods that I will email to anyone who emails me a request at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com

Link Copied to Clipboard