This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#108800 July 15th, 2005 at 10:31 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Cindy, my prayers are with you and your family as well...you know I love you hon! kissies

So, as everyone has spoken about their beliefs in "prayer" I will add my half cents worth....because I have been thinking about this a lot...especially the past week.
I was raised in a VERY strict Christian home, my father was a Pastor, that was pretty much all I ever knew. Both sets of my grandparents were also very "strict" in their beliefs. Even as a child, I have always LOVED going to church...always..and still do. But....I found out at a VERY early age, that our faith cannot be put in our church or even our family. My father was a VERY cruel person...he eventually left the church, died a very lonely and awful death...but that is another story all together. My point being...our faith must be in God alone. I do believe that sometimes when we feel that God has not heard/answered our prayers that, the answer may very well be no. When "bad" things happen to people, you will often hear others say it is because of "sin" in their live...I am sorry, I don't believe that for one minute! We do,however, put ourselves in a position to reap unpleasant benifits of bad decisions that WE make...and yes, God allows them to happen...for us to learn.(some of US do NOT learn well!) But, just as you would NOT intentionally bring harm or hurtful things to your children...God does not do that to his children as well. As far as the ...I do this & that..(smoke, drink, cuss...whatever) I believe that is between you & your maker. He has laws for us to abide to and some are very specific (check out the 10 comandments) I happen to be a very prayerful person...not a PERFECT person...but very prayerful. I take requests for prayer very seriously...because of the results I have seen in the past, just as Merme, Cindy and a few have already described. I am certain I do some things that some people would look at as not being very "Christian"...and that is fine, it may or may not be correct. But, as long as I am the one having to answer for it...then I see no need for anyone else to loose sleep over it. So, maybe these trying times for some of us now are lessons, maybe results of bad desicions, maybe both...and may be just a lesson for someone else to learn from. I don't always handle the bad stuff real well...you think I would learn! grinnnn

#108801 July 15th, 2005 at 11:25 AM
Prayers going out to you and your family cindy.and for all of you that are going through tough times in your lives.we all have them some are just diffrent than others. prayer can heal.may god bless you all.i am in a wheel chair from bactrial miningitius. i was paralized from my chest down and felt like a fishing float in water i had no balance.a lot of prayers where said and still are.when it first happened i felt pretty bad but took a looked around me as i was in the hospital and i noticed that there where folks worse off than me.and decided that i was not gonna let my handycap run my life.since then i try and talk to people in the hospitals when i go for my visits and try to incurage them to not let it get them down i know how hard it can be on people so i tell them a story abought me when it hapened to me. i prayed and prayed and thought god was not listening to my prayers. but the bible says god helps those that help them selfs so i tryed to start moveing things it looked hopeless.it took about one year but one night i was able to barly move my big toe. i kept on trying and praying now i can move evrything but still cant walk but that is ok i can live with that if its gods will. but my prayers where ansered to some degree. but if it was not for prayers i do belive i would be paralised from chest down.its been 10 years now but i still pray that i might walk one of these days so dont ever give up on god or the power of prayer.i have had some people call me and thank me for telling them my story it gives them hope and has gotten a couple of people walking again just by me giving them hope and the corage to try to do things the doctors said would not happen for them. i do not go to church like many of others in here.but i do belive in god and prayers.god bless you all.your friend in gardening.mike57

#108802 July 27th, 2005 at 01:59 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
I just got off the phone with my sister-in-law.
They finally got back from the doctor...and my brother does NOT have leukemia!
Crying tears of joy here right now!

He has some kind of disease (I don't know how to spell it yet) that is easy to control.

My sis-in-law said to tell all of you that they thank you very much for all the prayers.

Cindy

#108803 July 27th, 2005 at 02:03 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
[Linked Image]
A thankful heart is here as well...what wonderful news Cindy...I know you are relieved!!!

#108804 July 27th, 2005 at 02:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank heavens... relief for all of you.

#108805 July 27th, 2005 at 02:17 AM
Cindy,

I am so so relieved for your entire family. That is great news today!

#108806 July 27th, 2005 at 02:28 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Here is the email he just sent me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cindy,
GOOD NEWS! I went to the hemotoligist this morning. I DO NOT have leukemia. He said I have polycythemia vera (not as bad as it sounds). It's a blood disorder that causes your body to produce to much blood. He is pretty sure that he can treat it with just taking a pint or so of blood a month. I'm so thankful that was he was testing me for did not come back positive. I know I as well as a lot of other people have said quite a few prayers! I still have some test to be completed by a neurologist so continue to keep this in your prayers. The neurologist is testing for muscle disorders but I as well as the hemotologist seems to think it may just be a side effect of to much blood in the body. Thank You so much for the prayers already said....But keep praying until we get this under control. God has taken care of this situation so far and I know he can take care of the rest of it!

Sam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#108807 July 27th, 2005 at 03:34 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Cindy kissies angell That is best news I have heard in awhile paryers are still coming your way as well as Sam's an the rest of your family. God does answer Prayers with yes at times. Thank God laugh laugh laugh laugh
Jimmy

#108808 July 27th, 2005 at 04:49 AM
Cindy,

Amen to all and their stories about the power of prayer in their lives.... so glad our prayers were answered with a yes... what a wonderful feeling to know it is treatable.... more prayers being said in thanks now.
i

#108809 July 27th, 2005 at 07:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so relieved to hear the good news!

There is definately something to be said for prayers thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#108810 July 27th, 2005 at 10:16 AM