This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#108202 May 29th, 2005 at 03:34 PM
OP Offline
Thought it would be fun to share what's blooming in our gardens today. Here are a few of mine from yesterday. Please chime in and share your pretties?

One lonely, but magnificent iris down by the rock wall:
[Linked Image]

a 2 year old clematis -
unknown cultivar as I bought it on close-out at the grocery store:
[Linked Image]

free rhododendron from a plant swap in Connecticut -
the nursery where the swap took place donated this plant: thumbup
[Linked Image]

I don't want to clog up your service loaders so I'll post a few more in a follow-up post.

Now get out there and take pictures! laugh shocked thumbup (puhleeze?)

#108203 May 29th, 2005 at 03:47 PM
OP Offline
A few more lovelies to share with you this morning:

Suncatcher Coral Prism petunia - this is so new that nothing comes up on a google search. Wish I had gotten more when I picke this one up, but it wasn't in bloom yet and you never can tell how true a tag picture is...:
[Linked Image]

from my blue garden - centaurea montana:
[Linked Image]

and a volunteer baby Japanese maple luv - found it under a butterfly bush and potted it up:
[Linked Image]

Who's next?

#108204 May 29th, 2005 at 11:50 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
plants 'n pots Those are beautiful the unknown cultivar you bought at store is very pretty wish I had one.I will try to post two of mine
flowers/WhiteAltheaBloom.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/> flowers/PurpleAltheaHibiscus.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>
Hope they come through.
Jimmy

#108205 June 3rd, 2005 at 12:06 AM
OP Offline
Hey Jimmy ~

Those are nice rose of sharons! My 2 are just starting to leaf out here and won't bloom until about the 3rd week in August. I also have a white one - planted it in the memorial garden for our cat, Cookie - she was white and black, so I planted a mostly white garden for her.

My father calls these nuisance plants - now I know why. I'm forever pulling out seedlings in the grass - the mower just clips them, but they keep going and going... like the energizer bunny!

Do you find that in Texas also?

#108206 June 3rd, 2005 at 02:38 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Oh how lovely....

I have a super petunia that is blooming like crazy though I don't have a great pic of it...

[Linked Image]

I am amazed at my Delta Yellow pansies. These things BLOOM!

[Linked Image]

but I am most excited about my heirloom tomatoes...Stupice variety developed in czechoslavakia
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#108207 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:32 AM
wow those are looking excellent!! I don't really have much right now but do have a rose bush (my first one!!) getting ready to bloom it's first rose! it was a little one and still is pretty small and didn't even have leaves and now it's full of leaves and buds!! even though a stupid dog had to pee on it :-( hopefully all this rain will wash it off. can't get pics of it right now but will try to in the next day or so :-) I also got some irises somebody sent me from another great gardening site (of course not greater than this one!! lol) but they are just leaves right now. :-)

#108208 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:34 AM
OP Offline
Great plants, Fernie! How great that your tomato has blooms on it already! My cherry tomatoes reseed in the garden every year - in the 11 years we have lived in this house, I've only had to re-purchase them once, can you believe that?!? But... it does take a while for the seedlings to appear, so I am a bit behind than if I were to by a sizable plant at the store. I really don't mind - we usually have a great amount of the little tomatoes just about when everything else is winding down.

My icicle pansies also reseeded themselves this year. They were another great purchase - got them on sale (2 inch pots for 11 cents each) at Lowes the first year they were open - they overbought and had way too many left - of course the next year they had NONE! I let them go to seed when the weather got too hot for them, and then in the fall I moved the plants around to where I wanted them to grow in the spring - love them!

MissJamie - so glad you can grow roses, and that they have buds on them! I tried to grow them a few times here, but the deer eat them down to the quick everytime - thorns and all!!! mad I gave my last 2, which were hanging on by a thread to my father - he doesn't have any critters who eat plants there - one of the bushes is growing very nicely but the other did not make it. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Who's next with pictures? Love to see them!

#108209 June 3rd, 2005 at 04:09 AM
hey lynne! yea I'm glad I can grow them too...I didn't even have to do anything to them and they grew! I just had to water them every now and then I didn't even feed them!! lol. I read somewhere I think weezie was talking about it here that putting tomato cages with the points up around your rose bushes might help keep the deer off the rose bushes. we have deer up here and they can come on and try to eat my plants if they want to cuz we have a whole living room full of guns and it'd help my dad because he wouldn't have to go out hunting to find them....they'd be in his own front yard!! and plus we'd have a whole freezer full of yummmmmmyyyyy deer meat!! lol

#108210 June 3rd, 2005 at 06:27 AM
This is my latest little treasure - I really didn't think anything would come of this damaged plant one of the tenants brought to me:
[Linked Image]

#108211 June 3rd, 2005 at 06:35 AM
I give up - I'm having a hard time posting pictures tonight. Part of this might be my fault.

I have a page in my outlook that keeps the records of my pictures that are posted to image shack.

I changed it to text only - ha ha!

That means I have to go and look for the pictures on 'my images' at shack.

#108212 June 3rd, 2005 at 01:48 PM
Meg Offline
Ok, so it's not flowers.. but this is the view from my deck, of my back/side yard..

[Linked Image]

It's raining now, so my camera's not taking the best photos for me. Or, it's the photographer who can't handle the camera steadily enough..lol. Either way, I'll take other yard photos later.

Meg

#108213 June 3rd, 2005 at 02:30 PM
OP Offline
Meg - love your set-up! It's so nice and tidy!

#108214 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres some of my pics...

Around the pond
[Linked Image]

Some roses
[Linked Image]

New flower beds
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn

#108215 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ginger is coming up(that little tree in front is a "pink honeysuckle tree")
[Linked Image]

Patio entrance
[Linked Image]

More roses
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn

#108216 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:55 PM
Meg Offline
soooo beautiful g-mom!!

#108217 June 3rd, 2005 at 03:57 PM
OP Offline
G-mom... Ooooooh lala!!!

Very pretty! Love your pond - and meant to comment on how cute your froggies are in the other post. I didn't know that honeysuckle also grows in a bush style? I have goldflame which is a vine growing up one of the support beams of my 2nd story deck. Dontcha just LOVE the smell?!? Do you pull out the stamens and suck on them? I had never heard of that before, but my husband said he always did that as a kid, and showed our daughter how to do it.

#108218 June 3rd, 2005 at 09:56 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Just was given four purple rose of Sharon flowers/WestAltheabywindowpurple.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>will only post one as they all look alike also was given the following Katie flowers/Katie.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>
Ewe
flowers/Ewe.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>Aralia
flowers/Aralia.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>the names are what I was told they were. Eating tomato's and peppers. Sure good to be back online. laugh
Jimmy

#108219 June 3rd, 2005 at 10:21 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Ummmmmm, G-mom would you adopt me so I can come live at your house. Promise to spend all my time in the garden.

That's an oasis. A veritable garden of eden. In another words I LOVE IT!!!!!

Would you mind comming to Virginia and working some of that magic up here?

#108220 June 3rd, 2005 at 10:23 PM
Meg Offline
Well, here's my PANSIES, again..
[Linked Image]

And just noticed my new columbine is starting to bloom-
[Linked Image]

My one hosta is getting quite tall!
[Linked Image]

And, ok, they're not in the ground yet, since I just bought them.. but technically, they are in bloom...
[Linked Image]

Meg

#108221 June 4th, 2005 at 01:22 AM
I've been eating radishes out of my garden this week. This is the first time I've planted radishes. They're so easy to grow, and mature fast. It's fun.

#108222 June 4th, 2005 at 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I LUV your Pansies,Meg cool They are just as cute as the pumpkins laugh

Oooooh,JV...I am so jealous. I adore rose of Sharon!

Do you pull out the stamens and suck on them?
WE sure do!!! God's purest nectar thumbup

didn't know that honeysuckle also grows in a bush style
Me either. When I saw it at the nursery and found out what it was you can bet your "sweet bippy" that I grabbed one real quick!

Would you mind comming to Virginia and working some of that magic up here
Man...I would LOVE to travel around building gardens thumbup Wouldn't THAT be the perfect job!

I had a wonderful suprise when I woke this A.M. My "heart-shaped" bulb garden EXPLODED in blooms! These are the "Rain lillies",not the one I posted in "Mystery plants" Looky,Looky...
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn

#108223 June 4th, 2005 at 03:31 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
That is so fantastic. I loved it when it was just the green. Now of course you are leaving me without words.

That would be the perfect job for you. You would spread beauty and loving friendship everywhere you went.

#108224 June 4th, 2005 at 04:07 PM
OP Offline
Meg ~ your pumpkins are looking WONDERFUL this year! laugh Duh kissies Great pictures of really nice plants! Your hosta looks sooooo healthy, and is doing exactly what it should. Even with the deer munching on mine each year, I cut them back by 1/2 and gave the other 1/2 to my dad - he lined his entire backyard with the pieces! And mine have grown so big again after just having divided them - you can't even tell that I took any away. Next time I'll have to cut back more!

G-mom - that is SUCH A PRETTY lily! cool Do you know the latin name for it? How long will it bloom for you?

Here's another flower that's blooming for me today - just one lonely flower on the bush - but boy is it delish!!! The smell is out of this world! It's a french lilac.

[Linked Image]

#108225 June 4th, 2005 at 04:15 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
How pretty G~Mom....you are making me want a pond really bad! I just have so many projects started right now...I have to get some of them done before I tackle anything else...and I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start with a pond!

#108226 June 4th, 2005 at 04:22 PM
Meg Offline
Lynne, I cut that hosta in half, well sorta half, last year. It was more like 1/3,and 2/3..lol. One plant is smaller, but still growing nice, with a tall flower stalk. The big one has multiple tall stalks, and is filling out, and up! I was so afraid I was going to kill it by cutting it in half.. but it lived! I know I was told they are hardy.. but I have generally been disasterous with plants/flowers.

Meg

#108227 June 4th, 2005 at 07:17 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
G~mom,
"Rain Lillies",
I absolutely LOVE those lillies...
So delicate!!! flw

#108228 June 4th, 2005 at 08:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many species of Rain lilies, also known as Zephyr lilies, which belong the the genus Zephyranthes

#108229 June 5th, 2005 at 04:10 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, a few more...

Alyssum
[Linked Image]

daylily
[Linked Image]

mini red roses
[Linked Image]

mini yellow roses
[Linked Image]

muscari, finally getting a tiny stalk on it..
[Linked Image]

One more post to follow..
Meg

#108230 June 5th, 2005 at 04:13 AM
Meg Offline
Purple clematis
[Linked Image]

White clematis, really taking off!
[Linked Image]

purple & white together-
[Linked Image]

That's it, for now...

Meg

#108231 June 5th, 2005 at 04:43 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, one more.. these aren't "in bloom" but they are growing like .. weeds. laugh But no, seriously, they are my

purple ninebark (diabolo)
[Linked Image]

And my biggest forsythia, and these didn't bloom.. I think they are in too much shade on the back side of the house. *sigh*
[Linked Image]

Meg

#108232 June 5th, 2005 at 12:18 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Wow, you go Meg. Heavens your going to have your entire yard landscaped by this summer lol.

Me i'm still plodding along like the "old grey mare" one square foot at a time lol. Only thing that is blooming here are the snapdragons and they just don't give up. I really like them. And I'm glad they like the clay.

#108233 June 5th, 2005 at 03:26 PM
Meg Offline
TK, alot of these were planted last year, between Mother's Day & Autumn. But the mini roses were new, the wildflower (alyssum) was a can of seeds given to me for my birthday, and the 2 cletmatis & peony of course I got a couple weeks ago, as well as 2 new columbines.

I wish I had more yard.. just so I could plant more stuff! LOL.

Meg

#108234 June 6th, 2005 at 04:39 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Two of the zinnia had buds on them. One a can just barely see the center of. Looks like it is going to be bright red. I can't wait to see it. I've never grown them before so I am looking forward to it.

The moss roses are getting bigger but still no buds. I am impatient to see them flower they are so pretty.

#108235 June 6th, 2005 at 10:01 PM
Meg Offline
Oy, you're not gonna believe this.. but I just bought more plants at Southern States. I got marigolds to put in with my veggies. I read it's good for confusing the bugs..lol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There were 21 plants.. I put them out, while it was thundering away..lol. I finished the last one, stood up, and saw a big flash of lightening! I went in pretty quick then..lol.

Meg

#108236 June 6th, 2005 at 10:39 PM
OP Offline
Meg - your veggies look soooooooo healthy!
Can't wait to see them when they are ready to pick!

#108237 June 7th, 2005 at 08:03 PM
Am I too late to jump in on this thread? We just got back from being away a few days, and was 'Surprised' by these (what I think are) Surprise Lilies! Looks like one of my yuccas sent up a shoot - not sure about the others - these guys need to be thinned out!

(Thumbnails clickable)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mary

#108238 June 7th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Love the lilies but I think I would be putting up a sound barrier between me and that school lol. But then I'm home all day. And have the greyhound busses comming and going from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and school busses, and public transportation lol.

#108239 June 7th, 2005 at 09:02 PM
OP Offline
Mary - it's never too late to post on this thread. I'm hoping it's like the energizer bunny and keeps going and going and going...
Great pictures of really nice lilies too!

I was shocked and thrilled to see that my 2 year old yucca has also sent up a flower spike. I bought it with a cousin up in Connecticut 2 summers ago, and her 2 bloomed for her last summer, while my 1 did not. Here's a picture of mine from earlier today.

[Linked Image]

Almost looks like a pale flamingo got caught in there! laugh

#108240 June 7th, 2005 at 09:55 PM
LOL T, it's actually a reeeeeeally small school district, and probably less than 100 kids go to the school. Besides, they kind of keep me on task -- oh, they're at lunch? Oh, they're going home? Kind of my environmental clock LOL!

Wow Lynne, gorgeous yucca. Mine are ugly LOL! I thought about sending mine far, far away, but then read that they will multiply like crazy, just from even moving them, so fageddaboudit! They'll stay, but I plan on moving the lilies. They're kind of tucked away on the far side of the yard, and I thought they might make a great accent to the wild rose we have growing that's now completely dead (leaves and all! Strange?) but bloom before the lilies send up their stalks. Hmmm. ANYway, I never saw a yucca with leaves like that, gorgeous!

I'll be back, as soon as I get something else blooming!

#108241 June 8th, 2005 at 04:36 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I saw a bud on the moss rose today so you know I'll be out there shortly after sunrise to see if it blooms tomorrow. I am so childish about this garden project. lol. Maybe I've started my second childhood a little early hummmmmmmm?

#108242 June 8th, 2005 at 06:00 AM
I gotta say, I'm right there with ya. Sure is fun, isn't it? smile

#108243 June 8th, 2005 at 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait to see what the yucca looks like in full bloom thumbup I'm still waiting for mine to do something :p

The lillies are lovely,Mary thumbup I hope this thread goes on and on and on! I love to see everybodies "pretties"!

G-Mom grinnnn

#108244 June 8th, 2005 at 02:31 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well the zinnia stem has bent so maybe tomorrow? The moss rose bud is still there and still a bud. I know they aren't suppose to like a lot of fertilizer but it is so tempting when I get impatient lol.

#108245 June 8th, 2005 at 02:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK...just 3 more and I promise I'll stop(well at least for today,LOL)

Aloe blooming for 5th time this year
[Linked Image]

Well-trained hubby laugh
[Linked Image]

Check out this storm cloud from last night
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn

#108246 June 8th, 2005 at 03:07 PM
Wow, G-Mom I love your pics! Don't stop posting them!! Can you tell me (this has been driving me crazy lately) what the flowers are in the 2nd picture, 3 posts up? I think they might be daylilies - but yaknow, i don't know. I see them everywhere here and they're gorgeous (though I haven't seen them in white) but I dont know what they are! Is it just my imagination, or are they growing in a heart shape?

I'm so jealous of your aloe growing outside!!! And your pond!!! and...and...and...LOL!

Mary wink

#108247 June 8th, 2005 at 03:37 PM
OP Offline
I'm so jealous of your aloe growing outside!!!
ME TOO! ME TOO!!!
It looks sooooooo healthy!

Your gardens are so clean and neat G-mom! Bet your house is too - LOL!!! laugh laugh laugh
The more I see the pics of your rain lilies, the more I want some. Did you ever find out the latin name for them?

Please, sir... I'd like some more...
pics that is! laugh

#108248 June 8th, 2005 at 03:44 PM
Meg Offline
G-mom, your photos are just lovely. That aloe looks cool!! I've never seen one flower before. And I thought those other flowers were in a circle, but now that it was mentioned, I went back & looked again, and yea, they do look like they are in a heart shape! You are so imaginitive!! I love all your photos.. and the storm cloud looks awesome!

Meg

#108249 June 8th, 2005 at 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep...it's a heart shape. I had a gazillion mini bulbs and tossed them all together in a heart shaped hole. Turns out there are 3 different types of bulbs.

Your gardens are so clean and neat G-mom! Bet your house is too - LOL!!!
[Linked Image]

the latin name for them?
Zephyranthus

I love out-of-the-ordinary stuff...I have Willys peeking out of hanging plants,a ceramic pig laying on the edge of my green bean bed(smiling of course),froggies and turtles hiding in different beds and I just put a mirror(one of those that you put on a bedroom door)on the lattice in one corner of my yard,it reflects back the pond and all of the plants and makes it look like a private path to another garden thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#108250 June 8th, 2005 at 04:25 PM
OP Offline
Very cute graphic, G-mom!

Thanks for the latin name - yet another plant I'm going to have to find!

How about it you take some pictures of your fun garden items and we call that thread "garden accessories"?!?

This way we can have those posts all in one place, instead of everyone starting their own, when they want to share pictures of their finds.

#108251 June 8th, 2005 at 08:10 PM
OP Offline
A few flowers from my gardens today in the blasting hot sun! It's hard to take good pictures in the heat and humidity with this cheapo camera, but these were the best I could do.

honeysuckle - lonicera heckrotti goldflame
growing up the support beam of our deck
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

some verbena that needs to fill out some
[Linked Image]

some gazania that also needs to fill out some, but looks mighty nice by the bathtub pond
[Linked Image]

grinnnn

#108252 June 8th, 2005 at 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely GORGEOUS! WTG,Lynne thumbup

I LUV your "goldflame honeysuckle" grinnnn

#108253 June 8th, 2005 at 11:03 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Gmom! You should post some pictures of the plants i sent you flw are they still around?

~Phoebe

#108254 June 8th, 2005 at 11:10 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It's hard to take good pictures in the heat and humidity with this cheapo camera
Those are AWESOME pictures!

Here's 2 I took today...

I hate cactus..........
...but it's got a pretty flower!

[Linked Image]

thumbup

[Linked Image]

Cindy Jo

#108255 June 9th, 2005 at 04:18 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, so I moved a bunch of mulch, compost, and topsoil today, that was in 40lb. bags, and had a bunch of dead looking lawn. Sooooo, I dug it up, and ran to the nursery, and got more flowers to plant..lol.

I got a pretty orange zinnia-
[Linked Image]

A "summer wine" yarrow-
[Linked Image]

A salvia "red hot sally"
[Linked Image]

And a hybrid sage
[Linked Image]

I also got 2- 4packs of little marigolds, and put them all together-
[Linked Image]

Also, one more wildflower blossom today, a "bird's eye"
[Linked Image]

Meg

#108256 June 9th, 2005 at 05:23 AM
OP Offline
Wow Meg - you done good!
Such vibrant and cheerful colors!
Aren't you glad that the bags left the deadspot in your lawn?!? You put it to great use!

Love that zinnia, and I used to not be a fan of orange flowers so much. This year I got a few orange gazanias in the 4 packs I bought that hadn't bloomed yet - I'm loving them by my bathtub pond.

Did you know that yarrow can be very invasive? I dug up a small start of a white one at a roadside years ago, and it took me about 5 years to totally get rid of it. It has a very long tap root that does not want to go away, plus the seeds scatter everywhere.

The sages and salvias will also reseed all over the place, but I don't mind that so much. I just look for the baby plants, and move them where I'd like them - or share with family and friends.

Keep sharing those great pictures of great plants!

#108257 June 9th, 2005 at 11:36 AM
Meg Offline
I thought I'd read somewhere before that yarrow was invasive, but couldn't resist this summer wine color. It's got kinda burgundy colored flowers on it. When I took it out of the pot it was in, it was practically rootbound, a huge ball of roots around it. I didn't see a taproot, just the mass of stringy roots growing around the pot. Maybe it's a different variety? I could hope.. laugh

Meg

#108258 June 9th, 2005 at 12:09 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hehehehe, we get so attached so fast. It's adorable.

#108259 June 9th, 2005 at 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are they still around?
no thumbup Unfortunately they didn't survive the winter,noones did thumbup

The new flowers are sooooo purdy,Meg! Ummmmm,if you decide to collect seeds from that "birds eye" I sure would love to trade you something for some seeds thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#108260 June 9th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
wow gmom that's weird about the iris not surviving the winter o.O up here, the iris go thorugh a deep freeze. Maybe that was the problem. no dormancy?

~Phoebe

#108261 June 10th, 2005 at 01:45 AM
I was THRILLED to see my very first raspberry! It was yummy, too!

[Linked Image]

One more left on it LOL I can't wait until it starts really growing!

Mary wink

#108262 June 10th, 2005 at 02:27 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I posted a pic when this was buds...

[Linked Image]

and when this plant was just few flowers

[Linked Image]

and when this super petunia had one lone bloom

[Linked Image]

#108263 June 10th, 2005 at 03:17 AM
Thanks, Fernie - I needed the encouragement! One of these days my raspberries will be so big, I'll need a wide angle lens to get a picture wink

#108264 June 12th, 2005 at 02:57 AM
This is what I found when I went out to my vegetable garden today.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#108265 June 12th, 2005 at 03:25 AM
OP Offline
Oh, my.... I would have been running in the other direction faster than a speeding bullet - don't know how you stood there to take pictures! Hope the kitty kept a safe distance! What kind of snake is that?

#108266 June 12th, 2005 at 04:34 AM
Meg Offline
shk shk shk shk OMG, That thing was HUGE!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!

#108267 June 12th, 2005 at 05:33 AM
woah!! that's a pretty snake smile it looks like a black snake to me but I'm not sure. my brother had some friends over to camp out last night and they found a snake that looked like that but it was like 3 or 4 feet long!!

#108268 June 12th, 2005 at 01:29 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Two of the zinnia are blooming, the nastrium are blooming like crazy, the marigolds are blooming and the glads are just sitting there lol. Oh well.

#108269 June 12th, 2005 at 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I planted my glads in March and they are just now starting to bloom. Hang in there thumbup

Everything else sounds just "PEACHY"!

G-Mom grinnnn

#108270 June 12th, 2005 at 03:02 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Yep other than the transplant oopses everything has had at least one plant survive ... so far. I have 12 buds on the moss roses and I keep waiting and waiting and waiting but they are taking their time. lol

#108271 June 12th, 2005 at 03:50 PM
It's a pilot snake and it's not dangerous. I keep my distance but I don't kill them. I know I've told here before about the black snake that was living in my attic that my husband and the men working here knew about but didn't tell me. I found out when I was home alone. Yikes!!

tk, My glads haven't bloomed yet either. I thought it was all the rain but if yours haven't bloomed either, wonder what's up.

#108272 June 12th, 2005 at 03:59 PM
[Linked Image]

my new garden gate

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
this is the first time the Hollyhocks have bloomed. They come up, stay green, turn yellow and die. Maybe all this rain has given them what they need.

#108273 June 12th, 2005 at 04:01 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I've never had glads before so I have no clue. I figured my soil was probably short something or the grass roots got in there and were bothering them. I have a lot of bermuda grass and I don't dare dig it all out at one time with that steep of a slope. So I dig it up when I am ready to plant in a given area. Which means it is constantly comming up in the beds I have already cleared.

#108274 June 12th, 2005 at 05:27 PM
Meg Offline
Sheri, your Hollyhocks are beautiful!! I love them, and I got seeds from my mom's neighbor, but so far, nada. Well, seedlings, but they aren't really growing. :rolleyes:

Meg

#108275 June 12th, 2005 at 05:47 PM
My Glads haven't bloomed yet either... But I did plant them kinda late... Like early May... but they're all nice and leafy!!! I have planted them as late as July and had blooms all the way into September...

#108276 June 12th, 2005 at 05:58 PM
OP Offline
I grew gladiolas for the first time last summer. I put them in pretty late. The ones up by the mailbox on the street were gorgeous! They did not come back this year - I was too lazy to lift them last fall. The ones I planted down by the shed did not grow last year, but have been growing nice green leaves so far this year. It's been an interesting experience so far.

#108277 June 15th, 2005 at 08:28 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wavey Sheri your Hollyhocks are ereal pretty. If you have some seeds I would do almost anything to get some of them. wink Those deep wine ones are as pretty as I have ever seen. grinnnn
Jimmy

#108278 June 15th, 2005 at 08:50 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
My glads are STILL IN THE BAG!!!! hahaahaa

#108279 June 15th, 2005 at 08:52 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Sheri, all of your pictures are great....
*Welllllllll except for that snake, I'd be
runnin' for them thar hills my self!!!*
But, the GATE looked realllllllllly neat...
Where'd you get it????

#108280 June 15th, 2005 at 10:30 AM
Meg Offline
Ok, lots of wildflowers are showing up finally.. with LOTS more to follow, but here's some of the ones that are blooming now..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Meg

#108281 June 15th, 2005 at 10:32 AM
Cool, we're back! Here's my only new bloom this weekend

[Linked Image]

There are so many yuccas there in that little tight spot, but again it wasn't cared for, so I don't know if they'll come up or not..time will certainly tell!

Mary smile

#108282 June 15th, 2005 at 10:34 AM
Meg Offline
Oh, and I um... got another clematis. It's not planted yet. I need another trellis.
[Linked Image]

My veggies today-
[Linked Image]

Kinda closeup of the bean vines-
[Linked Image]

And close up of a real actual broccoli floret!!
[Linked Image]

Meg

#108283 June 15th, 2005 at 10:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Great lookin' veggies you got there Meg!!!
Congrats!!!
Very nice still..
Good job!!!!

Mary, are the flowers' on the "YUCCA's" red?
Just curious, aren't they daylillies...??
Can't see too good, small picture????

#108284 June 15th, 2005 at 11:21 AM
Weeeeezieeeeeeeeee wavey

The smaller ones on bottom are 'surprise' lilies, but above them is the yucca bloom...click on the pic, it'll open to a bigger one wink

Ugh, or not! LOL! Lemme fix
Okay, all fixed up now...NOW it'll open to a bigger one! LOL!
Meg, I'm so jealous of your veggies!!!

#108285 June 15th, 2005 at 06:33 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Meg,
Photobucket must be down at this minute.....
I can't see your photo's and the page
takes forever to load...
*on froggies one too, so that's why I think
it's down.*
but Mary, I do see your Yucca now, it blended
in with the lilies, I was like, I haven't ever
seen a red yucca before....

But it bloomed NICELY!!!
That's a gorgeous looking stalk of flowers there.

#108286 June 15th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
Meg Offline
It's finally back up. Yea, I think I broke photobucket last night with all my uploads..lol. (Ya know, it's free, but I signed up as paying member for a year, because I umm.. had too many pics!) *lots of laughing graemlins*

Meg

#108287 June 15th, 2005 at 07:56 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
They did it they finally did it. The moss roses have started to bloom. Just two at a time so far but I expect they'll get with it as the season progresses. The zinnia are blooming too. Will I be ostrisized if I say I'm not thrilled with mine? The colors are dusty and lackluster. I think I need to start paying very close attention to which companies I buy seeds from. Wallyworld is getting to be a "yucky" bargain. The snapdragons seem to be thinking about one more blooming extravaganza but according to everything I've read they should be heading for their dormant period. Any one know more information on the miniature snapdragons?

#108288 June 15th, 2005 at 11:44 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I don't know much about snapdragons except they are pretty. ??? sorry.

I posted this pic earlier

[Linked Image]

now look at 'em

[Linked Image]

#108289 June 16th, 2005 at 12:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are GORGEOUS,Fernie thumbup

Wish I had some info for you,TK,but snapdragons don't like me grinnnn

#108290 June 16th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
G-Mom, They would love you if it were a little cooler down there lol. I am tempted since the miniatures appear to do well in the shade outside to try some indoors. Where the a/c might keep them from going into a summer dormant period.

I'll think about it some more and have another cup of coffee and then probably think and then.....

OK so I'm procrastinating, it's hot out there lol.

#108291 June 17th, 2005 at 11:25 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I have felt left out here because my camera has been messed up and I couldn't post any pics! So...NOW YOU ARE IN TWOUBLE.... grinnnn
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Okay..I feel a little better now.......

#108292 June 17th, 2005 at 11:27 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
WOW...those turned out a WHOLE lot bigger than I expected...sorry! :rolleyes:

#108293 June 17th, 2005 at 01:20 PM
ok I've been admiring all the beauties here so now it's time to post a couple of mine! lol laugh ...
my first rose...can't remember what kind it is right off though...this is my first ever rose bush...never grown any before! [Linked Image]
daylily that lady down the street gave to me...not a good pic though...to bad they only last about a day! [Linked Image]
pretty purple petunia [Linked Image]
and that's it for now! smile

#108294 June 17th, 2005 at 01:21 PM
hmmmm wonder why my rose pic showed up smaller??? how do I fix it?

#108295 June 18th, 2005 at 03:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything looks so pretty ya'll! I really like your "balloonflowers",Vanessa(I've got them too thumbup )

Here is what I just found out back...
[Linked Image]

And not too far away on another vine...
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn

#108296 June 18th, 2005 at 03:15 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I love the little watermelon that is so cute.

#108297 June 18th, 2005 at 03:26 AM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daisey_diesel/my_photos

that is the link to my garden photos! I thought I would share what I have blooming! Also you can see my pond I built that started my whole gardening fetish! I had a lilly bloom on the lilly pads this morning wish I had waited to take the photos today so it could be included in the picture!

#108298 June 18th, 2005 at 05:58 AM
Karrie,your pictures are great but I didn't find the pond.

JV, this is the first year the holyhocks have bloomed. Some people on the board sent me some seeds that I put out this spring but they didn't bloom this year. When I get some seeds I'll send you some.

#108299 June 18th, 2005 at 07:49 AM
It should be in the first 2 photos of my pretty flowers! Showes that way on my browser! And Thank you very much! I have done alot of planting this year! We had nothing and bought the house a year ago this fall! So this is my first summer to plant flowers I did some Shrubs and such last fall and a butterfly bush which has gotten way outta controll its huge! Gonna have to transplant it! Hate to though afraid I will kill it! Gonna wait till fall when I dead head it and wait a lil for it to go dormat then try to transplant it!

#108300 June 18th, 2005 at 07:56 AM
I saw the pond and thought it was purty. My hubby has just installed one for us and I am trying to get it landscaped. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Dianna

#108301 June 18th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
I wanted to landscape mine a bit more but it is in a location that is full of rock and large peices of concrete from the footers of the house! THat is the main reason the pond is there, it was a mess when we moved in right there! Had to make it somewhat pretty at a minimal cost since we were renting to own! for the first year I used the black liner you get at wal mart just plastic really! As soon as we got the house in our name, I went and bought a real pond liner, pump and all that stuff! Its a total of 3 year old now! my fish are huge!

#108302 June 18th, 2005 at 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see more "Balloon flowers" thumbup I think they are just so cute!

The petunias are beautiful, Karrie, and I love the bucket you have them in.

And needless to say...I LOVE your pond!

Good Job grinnnn

#108303 June 19th, 2005 at 05:04 AM
Here's my addition for the day. Don't mind the little 'greenies' I forgot to pull before snapping the pic LOL!

[Linked Image]

Almost there...
[Linked Image]

Hopefully these will be popping in a week or so - I'm so excited!
[Linked Image]

#108304 June 19th, 2005 at 07:51 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I love the yellow roses. That is great Mary. Really great job.

#108305 June 19th, 2005 at 09:52 AM
Thank you for the praise! I have lots of metal buckets with flowers in them! I love that rustic look! I found some tiny little ones today at an auction when I bought them the auctioneer said what good are those gonna be.......I said flowers.......he said your gonna put holes in perfectly good buckets to plant flowers in......... nutz ! I said I sure am! lol Hope that you all had a wonderful weekend so far! Tomorrow I go ride Thomas the tank engine! What fun!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard