This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#107781 May 11th, 2004 at 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw this in one of my gardening books.
You can purchase a glass etching kit and etch attractive designs on your windows(you will still get light through them),it will stop birds from flying into them. You can also get glass paint and liquid leading to create your own faux stained glass design on the windows(I did this one and it looks sooo pretty). Both ideas add an umph to the home and saves the birdies grinnnn

#107782 May 11th, 2004 at 03:37 PM
O
O
The last couple of years I haven't had any bluebirds in my bluebird house outside my dining room window. A little red squirrel had chewed the entrance hole too wide. The bluebirds attempted a second nesting both years but were evicted by the wrens!

I finally got around to cutting a piece of flashing to put over the hole, but it was too late for the bluebirds. However, I now have a pair of tree swallows building a nest in the bluebird box. I'd heard treeswallows would use bluebird boxes, but had never seen any before.

Now I'll just put up another bluebird box to see if I can entice the bluebirds to use it for their second nesting. I'll try to get a wren guard installed over the hole first.

#107783 May 12th, 2004 at 05:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know birds like fruit, and I had some over ripe bananas to throw out and I was wondering if it's okay to feed them to the birds, and if they'll even eat them.....I mean, I know they eat berries and such but bananas????? Duh My theory is they have to get tired of eating the same old birdseed over and over and over again.....I know I would....lol I'd rather the birds eat them than they just go to waste.....

The birds that feed in my yard seem to be getting used to me......when I'm walking around they'll just keep eating away.....must be getting kind of tame or something.......either that or they are so starving they don't care.....lol We always sit out at night on the back and watch them.....it's tradition.....My birdbath was one of my fav. gifts.....I love watching them splashing around...... thumbup

#107784 May 12th, 2004 at 05:57 AM
O
O
I know Orioles are supposed to be attracted to oranges and the thrushes and other birds kept getting into my blueberries last year. One of them was acting kind of strange. I could get within about 2 or 3 feet of him before he would start to hop away. He wouldn't fly. I finally decided he was drunk from eating fallen blueberries that had fermented. laugh

P.S. I throw out apple cores for the squirrels.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard