This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#107211 January 3rd, 2004 at 06:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that most of us on the forum are females but that doesn't mean we can't like sports....Anyone else out there liking sports???? I am a huge Jeff Gordon nascar fan, and a Dallas Cowboys fan--and I'm not just a lukewarm fan, I really love them.....I also like basketball, went to a game some years back to see the then washington bullets play orlando magic....got to see shaquille o'neal....that was exciting.....they catapulted about 10 shirts into the crowd of thousands and one of them came right to me.... smile Duh grinnnn

#107212 January 3rd, 2004 at 06:30 PM
R
R
growing up as a daughter of a football, golf, basketball,etc. coach I do like sports.

We had Girls Athletic Association when I was in high school and played basketball with them.

I was a swimmer butterfly and freestyle.

Now I love hiking and canoeing.

Dad was always against children doing little league, because of the way the parents acted and not allowing the children to be well rounded and learn to occupy their time on their own.

So when I had my children I did not allow them to do sports until the 5th grade. They took piano and one also took violin and all sang in the choir (parochial school through 8th grade).

Then in high school we had one child on the volleyball and softball team, one on the track, golf and tennis team, and one on the tennis, track, golf and basketball.

We watch the Pacers, Colts, IU basketball and Purdue football. I have been to the 500 race a few times, time trials more times, but watch it on tv now.

#107213 January 10th, 2004 at 12:31 AM
I grew up with 4 boy cousins and a grandpa that watched and played every sport, so I've always been into sports. Then I met my hubby and he's a Dallas Cowboys fan so I became a fan by default. Although I root for the Colts quite often because of Peyton Manning. And I like Brett Favre, I'm not a Green Bay fan but I do like him. You have to admire a guy who is still great after so many years and so many ups and downs. Football is my favorite sport to watch and follow. Never been to a NFL game though. No team in LA, so sad. I did go to a Lakers game last year. That was fun. We saw Shaq and Kobe, of course, but Jack Nicholson was there, Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillpe, Heather Locklear, Richie Sambora... bunch of famous people. That was the largest amount of "stars" I've ever seen in person.

I was on the swim team in high school, freestyle was my thing. Won a couple of meets, that was exciting. Looking back, I was in the best shape of my life when I swam. I was thin because I was still a gawky teenager with the overactive metabolism but yet I had great muscle tone. Maybe someday I'll get it back... grinnnn No more chocolate-covered pretzels...must run... grinnnn

#107214 January 30th, 2004 at 03:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey, when's the Game on????
This weekend???

Weezie

#107215 January 30th, 2004 at 04:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yep weezie, it's on this sunday.......I can't wait to watch it, and the commercials, and the half time show....Janet Jackson is doing it this year with kid rock and someone else....and Beyonce is singing the national anthem.....

Don't forget Survivor All-star is on right after the super bowl!!!! You have to watch it weezie! wink

#107216 January 30th, 2004 at 08:23 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
We will hook her yet Loz!!! laugh

Yeah what time is the game on?

#107217 January 30th, 2004 at 08:30 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Foot~ball You bet!! :p
I hate football, I was forced to watch sports
when I worked in the restaurant business for
16 years!!! (I hated the sports then, still do,
but I liked gab people!!! I Still do!)

And we have a football party every year believe it
or not!!! I like to cook the bar munchies,
and I like the people over, and I like the commercials!!!!
Just not interested in the game!

Do you guys watch the game???
I was a bit interested in it, the years the Bills
were going to the Superbowl, oh, what was it,
4 years!!!!!???????? :rolleyes:

Weezie

#107218 January 31st, 2004 at 02:53 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
I was speaking of hooking you on Survivor!!!! laugh

#107219 January 31st, 2004 at 03:01 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Oh, good thing, I could watch that,
That football thing is torture!!! Whew!!!

#107220 February 1st, 2004 at 09:16 PM
When does the game begin, SPORTS FANS? laugh

I'll be outside, today...gettin' dirty....YAY! thumbup

#107221 February 1st, 2004 at 11:39 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I was wondering the same thing!!
(for the commericals and munchies!!) wink

Link Copied to Clipboard