This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#106719 November 29th, 2004 at 07:06 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
What did you do to her!!!
Actually, she WAS mad at me, because I kept making her leave Freckles alone. She had him so worked up by calling for him constantly, that I was afraid he was going to attack her! I ended up having to put him outside.

She calls me "Mommy"!
She says it so sweet...
...until I ignore her, then she yells "MOTHER!" real mean! laugh laugh laugh

Cindy

#106720 November 29th, 2004 at 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, yelling mother is always sure to get the attention that's wanted. I do that to my own mom when she isn't listening to me.....

I knew she had to be mad at you for something...my friends cat chunky is litter trained very well but when she's mad at her mommy she is always sure to go potty right in front of the door.... laugh

Your Lola stories are always so funny....Where does she sleep????? Okay, since she eats with you, and showers with you does she also share your bed???

#106721 November 29th, 2004 at 07:23 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
No, but I'm almost ashamed to admit that she has her own bedroom.
shocked

She has to go to bed a lot earlier than mommy does, so she has her own room that is quiet and dark. With a special cage in there especially for a sleeping parrot! Her cage in the living room is huge...5 feet wide, 5 feet tall. Too drafty in it for her to sleep in there. Her sleeping cage is 20 inches square, and 24 inches tall. Nice and cozy!

I might as well fess up right now and tell you...
She also has her own 31" T.V. that is on the cartoon channel or Discovery all the time, unless she is watching "Finding Nemo" or "Paulie" video!

shocked
Cindy

#106722 November 29th, 2004 at 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL laugh Hey, nothing wrong with that.....my friends cat Chunky has her own bedroom too.....I guess the TV for lola is a good thing....gotta keep that intelligent mind of hers active!

Did you buy her any xmas presents yet? laugh

#106723 November 29th, 2004 at 08:42 PM
Ya know, I would think that it is strange to give your animals their own room, except that our cats usually end up sleeping in the room that will be the nursery. For some reason, they like to lay against the scratchy "sand" paint. ...or maybe its the fishies on the wall...? Duh

#106724 November 29th, 2004 at 11:54 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Did you buy her any xmas presents yet?
Not yet! I spend about $60. a month on treats (Avi-Cakes) for her, so I don't go all out for Christmas!
I think I'll get her a few more of these rope coil things, though. She seems to like it pretty good, and every minute that she is on it, she's OFF of me! :rolleyes:
[Linked Image]

Cindy

#106725 November 30th, 2004 at 12:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Do you ever let her up wrap the gifts?? LOL! Duh

Weezie

#106726 November 30th, 2004 at 05:56 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Wonder what a parrot would look like!
Believe me when I say I will have pictures!

She likes to wrap more than unwrap!
When I am wrapping stuff she gets right in the middle of it...literally! mad

#106727 November 30th, 2004 at 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cindy,

I've been reading your entertaining post about Lola now for several weeks and am thinking it might be nice to have a parrot. (I must do LOTS of research first because it is a LIFETIME commitment!!!)

A couple questions keeps coming to mind as I view pictures of your beautiful girl:

Does she leave many ummmm..."wet presents" angell kit but brings home smaller birds kit ).

#106728 November 30th, 2004 at 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had friends years ago who had an african grey - when they had a baby, after a few weeks they thought the baby had multiplied into twins because the parrot cried whenever the baby did! eek laugh

#106729 November 30th, 2004 at 04:03 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Does she leave many ummmm..."wet presents"
Well...Lola is potty trained!
She never poops in her cage, and as soon as I get her out in the morning I hold her over her trash can and she poops. When she's on my shoulder she lets me know when she's fixing to poop, and I get her over a trash can. If I'm busy and not paying attention to her, she will poop on my shoulder. But, a little poop never hurt anybody!

Can parrots and other pets live together harmoniously?
Lola did fine with my little chihuahua, Tiny.
Lola was the dominate one of the pair! laugh
She would sneak up on Tiny and bite her on the ear, then laugh her butt off!
[Linked Image]

Freckles tries to catch her, and he would kill her in an instant if he ever does. It makes me a nervous wreck. Right now Lola and Freckles are barking at each other, and it's driving me crazy! (Lola still barks like the chihuahua!) She doesn't realize that Freckles is dangerous, and she calls for him constantly "Freckles! Come here!" Like, right now every time he lays down, she calls him, and if he doesn't come, she starts making the sound of his sqeeze toy, so he runs in here.
The inside cat gets along fine with Lola, but the outside cat would love to have her for dinner. frown

Cindy

#106730 November 30th, 2004 at 05:49 PM
Hey Cricket...
Me too! I've never really liked birds. But this past week, I took care of Larry, my across the street neighbor's bird. I don't know what kind he is. Bob calls him a Conyor...is that just a bird or is that a type of bird? Anyways, Larry doesn't talk or do much of anything. Althought, yesterday when I gave Bob his key back, Larry was hanging upside down on his hanging toy in his cage. But since we are trying for kids, I don't think I will push the thought of getting a bird. I definately don't want 2 things crying!!! Its going to be hard enough getting our 3 furbabies used to a new crying thing! laugh

#106731 November 30th, 2004 at 06:11 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Cricket is right on with this...
(I must do LOTS of research first because it is a LIFETIME commitment!!!)
So many people get parrots and don't realize what a big responsibility it is, and they are locked in a cage for life, with no real companionship other than a hand coming into the cage every now and then to put some food and water in. It breaks my heart. Duh they had it there, and she said they bought it because it was so beautiful, and didn't realize how noisy it would be.
Can't even talk about that without crying... ters

Cindy

#106732 November 30th, 2004 at 06:42 PM
I love hearing all the stories about Lola! A friend at work has a parrot simular to yours and she is always telling me stories. I would love to have a parrot, but it would be to muck work right now.

G-daughter.

#106733 December 1st, 2004 at 04:38 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Remember me? Cindy's cousin.

Lola has a fetish for my husband. Everytime we go over, she flies, walks, whatever straight to him when he is sitting in the living room. He has been tempted to pet her, but Cindy reminds him that she could snap his finger off! dev (and this is her baby?!?!)

I stay as far away as I can....

It is pretty funny to hear her answer the phone like Andy... and then picking on Cindy and LAUGHING HER *** OFF while tormenting her. laugh laugh laugh

Les

#106734 December 1st, 2004 at 05:12 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
picking on Cindy and LAUGHING HER *** OFF while tormenting her
Like pulling my hair out?
And you think that's FUNNY?! thumbup laugh

Cindy

#106735 December 1st, 2004 at 05:18 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
"Someday we’ll look back on this, laugh nervously,
and change the subject."

Like our trip back from Richmond? grinnnn laugh grinnnn

#106736 December 1st, 2004 at 05:22 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Uhhh..... shk
laugh laugh laugh

#106737 December 1st, 2004 at 05:38 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Well... Let me think of something else. grinnnn

#106738 December 1st, 2004 at 06:38 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
OMG! laugh I can't even THINK about that without laughing out loud!

Hmmmmm.....might not have been such a good idea to invite you to join the forum! nutz
Don't start spilling your guts about the REAL me!
laugh laugh laugh lala

Cin

#106739 December 1st, 2004 at 06:43 AM
Oh, now, it is REALLY not nice to tease us like that. Come on, spill!

#106740 December 1st, 2004 at 07:00 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
laugh
I just banned her from the forum!

Cindy

#106741 December 1st, 2004 at 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walmart...3am...I thought you didn't like going to wallyworld laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#106742 December 1st, 2004 at 03:44 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Walmart...3am...I thought you didn't like going to wallyworld
Well...... laugh
Lots of twists and turns ended us up at Wal-Mart at 3 a.m. lala
The experience was memorable for us...
...as well as a lot of other shoppers, I'm sure! laugh shocked
It has something to do with "that" bra in the shopping cart...long story! When I look back on it now I wonder how in the world we got through that night without incarceration!

Cindy

#106743 December 1st, 2004 at 03:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has something to do with "that" bra in the shopping cart
Hmmmm... grinnnn

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard