This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106350 December 20th, 2004 at 09:23 AM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
Hi everyone.
This is Phoebe's boyfriend, Chris. First off, i want to make it clear that she's completely fine, but just a little freaked out. She was driving to college to get her final finished before tomorrow, and the roads were extremely icy. She skidded into the other lane, went sideways for about 20 feet, then went completely backwords, and according to the tire tracks, her car was completely airborn before it landed in a small iced stream, where a small bush stopped her car from going any further. The bush managed to tear her tire off of the rear passenger side along with the mudgard. She called me on her cell before her phone ran out. A cop called and said she had fainted from stress, but was in good hands and is on her way to the emergancy room. She called me about 15 minutes ago with her name and password. She wanted me to tell you all what happened to her. Please wish her well!

~Chris

#106351 December 20th, 2004 at 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG kissies

G-Mom [Linked Image]

#106352 December 20th, 2004 at 02:52 PM
Meg Offline
{{{{Phoebe}}}} Lots of well wishers are here for you. Don't worry about the car.. it's how you are that matters. THINGS can be replaced.. you cannot. I'm glad you're doing ok.

Meg

#106353 December 20th, 2004 at 03:08 PM
Oh Phoebe and Chris, too ~

I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal...it must have been terrifying. Thank God you are okay! All prayers for a good outcome for you.

kissies

Merme

#106354 December 20th, 2004 at 03:28 PM
hey, Thank God for that lovely bush that stopped the car!! We need to hear from you soon, Phoebe!! Get well! Thank you so much Chris for keeping us updated! Phoebes , you're not too far from me and I'm on vacation this week and next and I can come if you need me! angell

#106355 December 20th, 2004 at 04:44 PM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
Hi Everyone!
I woke up with this neat-o plastic thing around my neck that i didn't need! But i'm okay overall ^.^ I just kinda fainted. But ya, i got back here around 8, zero sleep, and i didn't get to finish my final *stomps* and its due at noon >.< We also had an hour delay, and my math final was cancled... so that sucks, cuz i gotta find time to get that one made up... >.< I wana go to New Zealand!! I HATE THE SNOW!

Thank you all for caring for me though smile It was wonderful to come back and find that Chris was able to post here successfully ^.^ It was even cooler to get back and find all these wonderful caring posts from you all smile *hops* you're all the best, and i love you all ^.^

Now, i gotta finish my final >.< I'll tell you guys everything that happened later okay?

Love
YOURveryLUCKYtoBEaliveMINIgirl
PhOeBe

#106356 December 20th, 2004 at 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
angell [Linked Image]I am sooooo HAPPY to hear that you're OK! I was soooo worried when I saw this post this morning sca

Sorry to hear about all the school hassles,but I'm sure everything will work out just fine!

G-Mom [Linked Image]

#106357 December 20th, 2004 at 04:53 PM
Oh, Phoebe... how scary for you! I'm so glad you are okay. Don't fret the finals - they'll find a way of working out. Enjoy your time with your family in New Zealand, and have some peace soaking up the summer sun there too.

Thanks for letting us know you're ok.
Happy holidays!

#106358 December 20th, 2004 at 05:29 PM
How scary for you. Thank God all is ok with you. Have a great holiday season!

#106359 December 20th, 2004 at 06:06 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
YOURveryLUCKYtoBEaliveMINIgirl
Yep...that'd be you!

kissies

Cindy

#106360 December 20th, 2004 at 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to hear that you are okay.....how terrible and frightening.....I know I'd pass out too.....

New Zealand sounds fantastic! thumbup

#106361 December 20th, 2004 at 07:52 PM
Oh, Phoebe, I'm glad you're okay! Thank God that bush was there- someone was looking out for you, huh?

#106362 December 20th, 2004 at 08:18 PM
Glad your ok!!! Sorry about your ordeal, but at least your ok. smile kissies

#106363 December 20th, 2004 at 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies glad you are safe!

#106364 December 21st, 2004 at 03:34 AM
I just read this. Good grief. Don't overdo it anymore!!

#106365 December 21st, 2004 at 05:25 AM
Take it easy!! good thing you had a handy bush to stop you!!

Take care

#106366 December 21st, 2004 at 10:49 PM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
i'm so lucky to have so many people that care about me here o.O Thanks everyone!

Here's what happened.
I just got done taking Chris home, and i just got done telling him, "Don't worry ^.^ i'm good in the snow!" and i drove off down Rt 4 west. I went around this big curve that i was supposed to take at 50, but i took it at around 35 or 40 isntead. I made the curve just fine, and was about a mile after it when a back tire started so shift...

I have front wheel drive, so what i did was try to steer slightly into it, and let off the gas, and not touch anything else. At about this time, i was going around 35. I felt my tires slip more, and tapped the breaks a lil tiny bit >.< That slowed me down to 30, but then i started to turn to my left... into the oncoming traffic lane... luckily there were no cars there >.< So i kept trying to turn into it, and it wasn't working, and i kept on going in the other direction. So i E-breaked so i would spin completely around and go forward again instead of sideways like i was at this time. This got me halfway there before i lost all traction and was facing completely backwords! I tried to gun it in the forward direction, but that seemed to speed me up >.<

I was in my car and i flew over the edge of the road! I could feel the ground give under me as it disappeared >.< Then i landed smoothly and was still going. I was like "phiew i landed, but i'm still sliding..." then i looked over my dashboard and noticed a stone wall fly out from under me O.O I was flying again >.< around 40 miles an hour through the air for a few seconds. I landed and skidded backwords still and my car stopped fast, but smoothly, and my hand got knocked down and hit my windshield whipers... They were going fast, so i turned them off. Then i turned down my CD player which had skipped while i was flying there... I then turned it off cuz i didn't need to hear Grip Inc. singing about anger and death lol.

I tried to pull out of the spot, even though it looked like i was pretty stuck. My tires just kinda spun, cuz apparently there was a small streem that was frozen solid below me >.< So i turned off my lights, took my keys out *all out of reflex* and hopped out of my car in case my airbag decided to deploy and break my nose >.< I looked around the car, and it was fine on my side. I looked around the back and saw the bush that stopped me from hitting the rest of the woods which were just 6 feet behind my car o.O Big thick trees too!

Next to my car on the drivers side was a stone wall, and under my car was a frozen stream that i slid around on for a while until a truck came. The entire thing happened in probably under 30 seconds >.<

The guy in the truck saw the entire thing. He asked me if i was okay, and told me to sit in his truck while he called 911 on my call phone. It was free! I had about 50 cents left on it, so that left me one 2 minute phone call. or two one minute phone calls... Don't get Vergin Mobile >.<

So anyway, i sat in the car for a while and reflected on what happened while an ambulence and a "wrecker" truck, and a police cruser pulled up behind me o.O The truck driver happened to be a fireman on his way home. I refused all medical treatment, cuz i was fine, and i was instructed to sit in the police cruser. Thats when the cop told me "Miss, you're very lucky to be alive. If you had gone an inch to the left, you would have hit a tree. If you had gone to the right, you would have ramped that stone wall you went over, and your car would have flipped into that same tree!"

That's when i started to freak out... They told me to get into the police cruser so i didn't get hit by another car. You know that cartoon where the guy survives a major accident, gets out of his car, gets hit by another car, survives that one, decides to stay off the road, and then gets hit by an airplane? Ya they didn't want that to happen to me. So i sat in the back of the car and called my boyfriend on my cell. Then my cellphone went out, and i got worried about Chris getting worried about me, and ya... I woke up in a bed in the hospital, and Chris brought me to college and stuff. I love my boyfriend ^.^ he's always there for me!

But ya, if i hadn't fainted, the cop would have dropped me off at duncan donuts and been like "ur on ur own!" and left... i hate cops >.< they wouldn't even let me play with the radar gun while i was watching them pull my car out of the ditch! frown

But ya, i got my final done before class started, aced my math final, and i just got out of my english final, which as it turned out i had finished last friday! w00t!... *smacks self for saying woot*

But ya that's what happened, and i'm very happy to be alive. *thinks* If it hadn't been life threatening, it would have been fun! But ya, i heard my car got towed to my home town, and that the back tire was either torn off, flat, or broken off... >.< either way, its gonna hurt my wallet! But ya, My mudgard was also taken off, along with some kinda pannel that i donno about... I just wana drive it again ters I love my car!

Thank you all again for caring for me smile I'm glad my boyfriend was able to come on and tell you what happened!

luv Phoebe

#106367 December 22nd, 2004 at 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds like it was a horrible experience kissies

Someone was DEFINATELY looking out for you angell ...they knew how much we love you cool

G-Mom [Linked Image]

#106368 December 22nd, 2004 at 10:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow--thank goodness you went off the road where you did, and not to the left or right!!!!

Glad you're okay....that's the most important thing, the car can always be fixed.....

Can't believe that the cops didn't let you play with their radar gun..... :p to them!!! laugh

#106369 December 22nd, 2004 at 11:54 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Pheobe, Pheobe, Pheobe!!!
Glad to hear you weren't hurt!!!
For goodness sakes, sounds like you had
quite the ordeal!!!
And thank goodness for that bush!!!
What a life saver!!!

Please drive safe!!!
Winter driving can be tricky!!!

Very glad to hear from your boyfriend too!!
Tell him he's such a nice guy for letting us know!

Weezie

#106370 December 23rd, 2004 at 08:59 AM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
Dispite not having a car i've been out all day doing stuff, and preparing for my flight tomorrow ^.^ I leave the US at 9 AM, hit Mexico for a few hours, then its off to Panama, then a quick jump over to Hawaii, Then somewhere in Russia, down to Thailand, Then *chex map* Indonesia *hopefully not that comodo dragon filled island!!! sca * then a few stops in Australia, and then i'm home ^.^

Long rout, but ya, i wanted to see the world :p Gonna take a few days, but we'll get there by Christmas morning ^.^ *thinks* oh wait... what time is it there? *chex her handy dandy clock configamiger thinger* ya i'll make it ^.^ omg i wana collect so many plants!! Wish me luck in the security stuff >.o Hopefully they won't think my laptop is a bomb or something >.< I saw a picture of this guy's laptop in a x-ray scanner thingy, and the battery looked like a bomb o.O well i donno what a bomb looks like, but ya, to me it looked like a bomb lol.

Anywho ^.^ Wish me luck in a safe flight! I love you all!

~Phoebe

#106371 December 23rd, 2004 at 07:12 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
wavey

Link Copied to Clipboard