This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#105361 November 3rd, 2004 at 05:42 PM
OP Offline
so I gotta run so I can call her daddy and let her tell him see y'all later. wavey

#105362 November 3rd, 2004 at 05:45 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
COOL! Duh

Cindy

#105363 November 3rd, 2004 at 06:03 PM
angell

YIP-EEE KI AY!!!! YE HAW!!

Thanks for sharing the good news!

Merme

#105364 November 3rd, 2004 at 07:09 PM
OP Offline
I had to jump and run she wanted to brush it up for the tooth fairy. I could just see this tooth going down the drain.

hummmm....I have no idea what the going rate on a tooth is, but, I'm sure I'll have to up the price when she starts to school. laugh

When my other daughter was little (18 years ago) going rate was 5.00 bucks. Good thing I was working then. laugh

#105365 November 4th, 2004 at 12:17 AM
Meg Offline
Holy cow! $5.00!? My kids are lucky to get $1.00! Wow. I guess our tooth fairy is cheap! laugh

Meg

#105366 November 4th, 2004 at 12:28 AM
Let me give you some of my toothfairy rules, o.k.? Duh
  • 1. first tooth can be more money
  • 2. pocket change seems like more to a kid than one $1 or $5 bill
  • 3. Very Important- make sure you explain to your child that the fairy doesn't always come the first night, sometimes it can take up to three nights, that's how busy she is ( really it's for nights you forget)
  • 4. Make sure you know where your kid has stashed the tooth
  • 5. bring a flashlight
  • 6. Make sure you tell the truth when they finally ask, it is the most ludicrous tale and you don't want your kid in third grade arguing the wrong cause with the schoolyard bigshot

#105367 November 4th, 2004 at 04:51 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Mel...Wish I had those rules when my kids were little...#3...Been there done that one frown ...had to do some quick thinking and that is exactly what I told her. laugh

When I was a kid I only got a dime...watch it now I'm not THAT old. My kids (now adult age)received 50 cents per tooth...later on inflation hit and it went to a dollar. The little kids like the change.

#105368 November 4th, 2004 at 05:16 AM
Originally posted by melcon6:

[*]6. Make sure you tell the truth when they finally ask, it is the most ludicrous tale and you don't want your kid in third grade arguing the wrong cause with the schoolyard bigshot
[/list]
Okay, here's my story about how I found out who the tooth fairy really was. When I was ?? 7 or 8 or so??, I lost a tooth and didn't tell my parents. Put the tooth in the little pocket of my little heart-shaped pillow, and woke up broken-hearted to find the tooth fairy didn't come. Moped and cried and fussed and generally drove my parents crazy till I told them what happened, so my dad says, "well here, I'll give you a dollar for it." I start crying again and say, "NO! I want the tooth fairy to come get it!" So my dad looses his temper and says, "Well, just who the he*# do you think the tooth fairy IS, anyway!?"

#105369 November 4th, 2004 at 02:56 PM
OP Offline
*L* that's too cute.

I made her a little tooth fairy pillow so I'd be able to find the tooth. I'm too old to be un in the middle of the nite digging around under a pillow for a baby tooth. grinnnn

she wagged pillow and all around almost all day yesterday. I grabbed it and did the tooth fairy think ASAP as soon as she was asleep. Lucky for me she's one of these as soon as her head hits the pillow she asleep. She's good too, laid that little pillow right up at the top so the tooth fairy could find it real easy. wink

Just waiting now for her to get up. I got my camera ready so her daddy can see it too.

y'all do know this is not our first? laugh We have just spoilt her so bad. My other one is 18 years old and his other one is 28 years old.

I had to work when my first one was little. So I'm getting to see everything I missed. The first one took her first steps at the baby sitters, lost her first tooth at the baby sitters, everything was at the baby sisters. And I had a good sitter, she took pictures and wrote notes of the details and let her call me at work, just not the same as being there in person.

#105370 November 4th, 2004 at 03:21 PM
GG, no wonder you're so funny, you had a mean dad like me! laugh He was just building character you know. :p

I love my Dad, and understand now why he did a lot of the things he did, but he can still to this day make me feel like I'm a worthless kid sometimes. He doesn't do it on purpose, just the way he is!

#105371 November 4th, 2004 at 03:24 PM
Suzy, how old is Ashley? I too, have a "split" family, two ages 21 and 19 and two ages 8 and 5 and the joy they bring me is priceless. It is so much fun doing things with the younger two that the older two did when they were little and now the older two love doing things with them and re-living their own childhood. They are all so good with each other. smile

#105372 November 4th, 2004 at 06:59 PM
Originally posted by melcon6:
..... I love my Dad, and understand now why he did a lot of the things he did, but he can still to this day make me feel like I'm a worthless kid sometimes. He doesn't do it on purpose, just the way he is!
Sigh. I know what you mean! I'm thirty-five years old, and every so often he'll just ask me a question in a way that makes me instantly feel like a third grader. Don't know how he does it....

#105373 November 4th, 2004 at 07:22 PM
OP Offline
melcon6 ,

Ashley is 4 she'll be 5 the 28th of November. Both mine came in November

November 14th is the other one, 14 years and 14 days between them.

My daughter loves Ashley, she's not around her much now, gone off to college. His daughter is a little jealous of her, she feels like ashley takes his time away (and money) from her kids, but too she's one of these we never see the kids unless she needs a baby sitter, and let me tell you they are a hand full togather, She has 3 (the oldest one does not like to come and stay with us) and I can't blame her not alot to do way out here in the boonies, She's 12 or 13 now and the little two love it here, one 5 (he's 9 months older than Ashley) and the baby is 3 and she's a mess. Ashley loves having her here.

#105374 November 4th, 2004 at 07:26 PM
When Maxi was very small, I invented an entire legend concerning the Tooth Fairy and how she got started in her work. It was pretty good, with lots of details because Maxi likes details.

The gist of it was...

In the days before God invented dentists, the happy Tooth Fairies cared for all the teeth in the world, people and animals, cleaning and polishing them night after night.

Then ages and ages ago, the unthinkable happened and a small boy lost a tooth! No one had ever seen anyone lose a tooth before and panic ensued.

Finally, it was decided that the Queen of The Tooth Fairies should go have a conference with God. She found out that this was only the beginning of the trend and that more and more teeth would start falling out all over the world. God decided He would give each person one extra set. The Tooth Fairy decided that the fairies of Tooth Fairy Land would give coins for each lost tooth to comfort the child who had just lost a tooth and as a pledge that another would grow in it's place. Also, the change might be handy to buy the kid something tasty he could eat until his second tooth came in from God.

The Tooth Fairies found out quite by accident that if they plant the teeth in the magical soil of Tooth Fairy Land, these extraordinary flowers grow that can be used for many things.

After that, the Tooth Fairies got so busy bringing coins to the children missing a tooth that dental hygene got invented. The fairies taught the moms and dads about toothbrushes and toothpastes and demonstrated how it should be done. Later, God invented Dentists for more serious difficulties.

The story worked for Maxi!
Merme

#105375 November 4th, 2004 at 08:08 PM
laugh Good story , Merme.

For some strange reason, I had to save every tooth that my children have lost, including my teens big ugly wisdom teeth (gross :p ). I've always kept the teeth each in these little drawstring velvet coin bags but don't ask me whose is whose? Duh I only have 3 of these bags and don't know what I'll do when the youngest starts losing his. I see now that they make necklaces and such from baby teeth! laugh

Anyway a couple of weeks ago my 8 yr.old was rummaging through my drawers and pulls out these bags, "Oh Mommy, lookie what I found, there's teeth in these bags" Now I just snatched them away and distracted her with some costume jewelry and she never said another word about it ???? Duh What's up with that? Do you think she knows? Does she think that I know that she knows???? laugh

#105376 November 4th, 2004 at 09:12 PM
OP Offline
y'all are killing me here with tooth fairy land laugh

Ashley ask this morning where the tooth fairy took her tooth I told her to tooth fairy land. She ask where they put it I told her on a shelf in tooth fairy land, that they had one with her name on it now and the next time she lost a tooth it would go on her very on shelf in tooth fairy land. She seem to go for this idea of having her very own shelf full of teeth in tooth fairy land.

I remember when my oldest found out there was no easter bunny, tooth fairy and santa clause. She was about 8 or 9 and her aunt(dad's side and I could have killed her) had told her if she looked she'd find what she was getting for christmas. I had worked all nite and her dad was suppose to be watching her, when I came in from work she was tickled to death she'd found her christmas. I sit her down and told her I guess you're old enough to know since you found your christmas, there will be no christmas surprise, You're dad and I are santa clause and I can not afford to re buy christmas to have you a new christmas under the tree eek

So she sit there a minute and thought it over I gave her christmas stuff to her and she came back in about an hour and she says, are you the Easter Bunny too? I said yes, and the tooth fairy and any other made up person you can think of that you get money and gifts from. She stood there a minute and she says, Am I still gonna get presents laugh

Kids...gotta love'em

#105377 November 4th, 2004 at 10:07 PM
Originally posted by suzydaze:
.....She stood there a minute and she says, Am I still gonna get presents laugh

Kids...gotta love'em
That's pretty hilarious! Kids know what's IMPORTANT. Here's a funny story that has nothing to do w/ tooth fairy, just how kids are funny.

My brother has been married twice- his second wife has a daughter from her first marriage who lived with her dad in Chicago, WAY away from our family. About 6 weeks after my brother got married, when my step-niece was about 7, my mom gets this phone call. This little girl's voice (my step niece) asks for my mom by name. Mom has no idea who's calling, but she says, "Yes, this is ..." Then the lttle voice says, " This is Kristina. Are you my grandma?" so my mom goes, "Well yeah, I guess I am." (My mom has met my step-neice exactly once at this point.)
So then my niece says, "Did you forget my birthday?"
My poor mom! She didn;t even know when her birthday was. But Kristina sure got herself another present!

#105378 November 5th, 2004 at 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She stood there a minute and she says, Am I still gonna get presents
well, i solved the whole santa thing with this statement:

as long as you believe in santa, he can believe in you... BUT if you ever decide that santa isn't real, then he doesn't have to believe in you and that means he doesn't have to have you on his gift list. i don't care what you tell your friends, but in this house, I believe in santa!

well, since we (in the spirit of keeping the right spirit) try to only get the kids ONE santa gift, and no more than 2-3 "parent" gifts, and their stockings...

well, lets just say, they all still "believe" in santa! laugh laugh

(and they are 17, 19, and 24!)

#105379 November 5th, 2004 at 07:39 PM
Hi Jiffymouse~

Good going, girl! thumbup I am totally impressed!

Now, if I can just do so well with Maxi when his turn comes....yipes, being a Mama can be tough stuff!

Merme

#105380 November 5th, 2004 at 08:01 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Awhile back when Brennan knocked his two top teeth out (ouch!), he asked me if the tooth fairy was real..... shk

I told him I believed in fairies of all kinds, and unless someone proved to me that the tooth fairy was NOT real, I was gonna believe she was.

(He then informed me that I was wrong on the gender...that the tooth fairy was a BOY fairy!)

Thanks to this topic, I've learned a lot of new lies to tell him the next time he asks! laugh

[Linked Image]

Cindy

#105381 November 7th, 2004 at 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cindy, he is just too cute!

#105382 November 7th, 2004 at 12:38 AM
Uh, Cindy, OF COURSE there are boy and girl fairies. Where d'ya think all the fairies come from who live in Fairy Land?!

Oh, and by the way, over the years I have invented fairies of every description for every holiday, great and small....

When I take treats to Maxi's classromm in the autumn, I say they are from The Pumpkin seed Fairy. Closer to Christmas, the gifts come from The Holly Berry Fairy, etc. And of course, our home is always decorated for each holiday, appropriate to the Fairy who is resident at the time.

Geepers, I hope the kid isn't too disappointed when he finds out the truth that all these fairies were only his eccentric mother telling a pack of jolly whoppers! shocked laugh

Merme

#105383 November 7th, 2004 at 12:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uh, merme? are they whoppers? or are they the creatures that inhabit the fertile imagination of a very loving mother? seems to me, that as intelligent as that boy is, he knows they are very real, just like santa!

#105384 November 7th, 2004 at 01:19 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
cindy, he is just too cute!
Thanks, Jiffy...he's my pride and JOY!

Merme...I never really thought about fairy genders until Brennan asked me that question.
I just always pictures fairies being female. laugh

You know...with sparkling little fairy dresses on and a sparkly wand, and transparent wings with sparkles on them, like diamonds....

Cindy

#105385 November 7th, 2004 at 01:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uh, cindy? i'm with merme, how'd you think all those girl fairies got here? laugh laugh laugh

#105386 November 7th, 2004 at 03:26 AM
Well Cindy, boy fairies dress pretty too. Except instead of fairy dresses, they wear knicker length pants to just below the knee, with thin dress socks that sort of look like tights, and dainty fairy boots. On top they have on satin shirts with full sleeves and a very handsome vest that sparkles. Or they choose the hip length tunic, depending on the work they are doing at the moment.

Of course, all fairies have wings that sparkle and also wear crowns. The most elaborately dressed of all fairies is The Queen of Fairy Land, but her Royal Court is also pretty splendid.

Merme flw

#105387 November 8th, 2004 at 03:20 PM
OP Offline
my sister's little boy did that same thing, fell at day care and knocked both front teeth out. I think he was 3 at the time. He's 18 now. That was hoprrible he cried for 3 days straight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard