This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#105169 September 8th, 2004 at 05:55 AM
mich168 Offline OP
OP Offline
That's a lot of water!!! LOL send some out to CA, we could use it!!

Checked out that storm site: Next up, Hurricane Ivan???

#105170 September 8th, 2004 at 06:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, got rid of that double post for you.....

Yep, it's been way too wet here.....wish I could send you some of it, I gladly would if I could..... smile

I saw some people sandbagging today, getting ready.......one time we had a big flood and a lot of books in the library got ruined.....it's downtown and all the runoff from all the hills has no other place to go....and our sewer system is sooooo old, it just can't handle it all.....even the hills get flooded pretty bad....if you look at the second page of my weather album you'll see the steep hill my sis lives on.....it was like driving up a river....

Nothing at all compared to what the people in florida went through at all, but too much rain around here gets awful ugly.....

I feel terrible for everyone, with Ivan on it's way....and they're so unpredictable really that it's hard to say which way it will go.....we're watching the weather almost 24/7.....

#105171 September 8th, 2004 at 03:21 PM
Raye in Port charoltte.last I heard he had not checked in and was when Frances was stalled.

Yes Ivan is next.Monday he will be in GOM(gulf of mex)on THAT day we will know better what it will do.Its heading WNW right now but will be turning N today sometime.has to turn N or will go SAmeric. It hit Grenada this morning.
post on hit...info not all in cause no power,maybe more around 10.
http://storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42725

Bad thing about lots of rain is snakes,they search for higher ground,that may be your house.folks dealing with snakes in FL right now...course maybe the gators wil come out and feed on snakes.

I live on a hill and know about them rains Loz...we got a tractor.we keep road graded& I hear the end of hill we DON"T travel has all these gully washes and not driveable anymore...runs off into woods.I hear looks like a waterfall.I gotta get a good pic some time when it rains.

I hear FL has commercials telling folks how to seperate hurricane debree.I wonder how many have their TVs on to see that?or are even home to see it.I think most are looking for gas/water/ice/bread/more canned crap to eat& lumber for Ivan.

Cuz has learned to make coffee on grill.she stapled her coffee into filter and dropped in pan& has informed me that hotdogs taste great boiled in beer.I'm actually gonna try this one soon.......and she wants my generator,but says then would have to worry about gas.

#105172 September 8th, 2004 at 04:10 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Bad thing about lots of rain is snakes,they search for higher ground,that may be your house.folks dealing with snakes in FL right now...course maybe the gators wil come out and feed on snakes.
kit sca shk

#105173 September 8th, 2004 at 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that! sca

Don't like snakes......that would freak me out! frown

#105174 September 9th, 2004 at 12:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i was lucky, even though we had a flash flood warning, and tornado warnings, all we really got was rain. but, i had chosen my lot well, and my house is off grade also, so that helps. savannah had lots of streets flooding but they do every summer, and there were some tornados putting trees on top of houses. no injuries locally i don't think, but state-wide there were 5-6 deaths.

#105175 September 9th, 2004 at 07:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're okay here too, but in Virginia they had 5 or 6 tornados.....we were under tornado watch until midnight, but luckily none......We had 5 inches of rain when I checked aroun 5 pm.....It fell about an inch an hour my dad said......town is pretty flooded, schools are all closed tomorrow, and the 2 main ways out of town are closed due to flooding.....our town has a creek that runs right through the middle of it so we flood easy.....man hole covers were popping up all over town and exploding with water, many basements flooded, etc.....My nephew is pretty happy there isn't any school....lol We heard that there was 2 feet of water in the High School--which was built on a flood plain... Heck, my hubby may not be able to get to work tomorrow....Weather channel said we could get up to an additional 3 inches of rain overnight.....We'll just have to see what it's like in the morning......Oh, we had some really good wind gusts for a few hours......I got everything that could blow away gathered up yesterday though......

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard