This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104862 November 28th, 2004 at 02:50 AM
B
Brian B Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi fellow dirt diggers, are there any persons into water gardening around here? I love ponds and the wildlife they attract. Nothing more relaxing than unwinding to the sound of moving water.

#104863 November 28th, 2004 at 03:14 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Brian B, wavey
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!!
We are very glad you found us!

There's several members here that have ponds, and or water features.... Papito, Njoynit, Gardencrazy, Afgreyparrot~aka~Cindy, Creepin' Jenni, Jiffy, oh, just tons of them...
Everyone comes in and around eventually.....
There's a very nice Cyber Community here, and there's lot's to do, here, just take a peak around, can't figure something out, just holler, someone's always here to lend a hand!!!

Weezie

#104864 November 28th, 2004 at 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Brian [Linked Image] Welcome to the Forum!

I put in a pond just this year and I'm so glad I did thumbup I'm thinking of adding a small waterfall next year.

It's really nice to meet you...chat with you later grinnnn

#104865 December 4th, 2004 at 12:49 AM
OOOo! I would love to have a water garden. But alas, I rent and don't want to leave my landlord with MY hard work.

I do, however, have plants in my 50 gallon aquarium. grinnnn It's interesting learning just how much CO2 any given plant needs and how little light they can survive on. It's funny... I've actually gotten rid of a fish and a couple snails because they ate my plants. The way I figure it, the fish are decorations! laugh laugh

#104866 December 4th, 2004 at 07:48 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
How did I miss this post when it first came up? Duh
I must have been talking too much somewhere else! laugh laugh laugh lala

Tell me about your water garden, Brian!
I'm new at it, and I need to ask some questions!

Cindy

#104867 December 4th, 2004 at 06:41 PM
I've got one and have had a few this is like my 4th& will be soon working on my 5thI guess i'm just plain "water-entertained" laugh
I have a 100 gallon pond one of them preformed pieces of Sh#%.It does have its points.Its durable.It has a waterfall feature but me & my spitting frog had issues so he is an ornament now and the waterfall section just collects things,but does function durring periods of heavy rain grinnnn I'm going for a formal one now long rectangle shape 3 feet deep 3-4 feet wide and possibly 30 ft long& also weighing the possibility of haveing that darn flag pole as center of pond and work around it and have it as a kind of island.(( teech mad I hate where he placed his darn flag pole.its out of "balance"to me& is MOSTLY in my way))
I have fishies blue gill from the lake to eat skeeters did have a smaller catfish,but he grew big enough for eating so he's been a meal..was some tadpoles at one time and come to think of it I don't see them anymore so they must have washed out with that 21 inches of rain last month....or the 14 inches the month before.my ponds in sun.but is shaded by plants like my burgs and that huge green castor bean plant thats a perienial for me.the leaves re grow in spring.had cannas around pond this year tarro,ginger,crinuim lillys iris,orichiad glads,bee balm,garlic,paperwhites moss rose.will be different next year.oh and it has a fountain head that sprays water& a solar lighted frog.a few frog thinggies around pond too for that matter.even live frogs.and a blue ribbon stripped snake lived under there for a bit....why i waited to re-do pond.will be returning to pond liners& possibly end up with 2 ponds.re-do one re locate current one.
pond sounds great sitting on porch.one of my 10 ft spineless yucca trees will go over pond next year.

heres my albulms.pond shots are within.
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

#104868 December 4th, 2004 at 06:48 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
did have a smaller catfish,but he grew big enough for eating so he's been a meal..
shk shk shk

You ATE your catfish???

It would be like eating a pet to me! laugh

I love reading your posts, njoynit!
You are so cool!

Cindy

#104869 December 5th, 2004 at 04:50 AM
I caught the catfish out of the lake out here.The one in albulms on lake sam.Well he wasn't big enough to cook& I caught a fish before hubby did.so tossed him in 5 gallon bucket& keept fishing then when got home dropped him off in pond.I fed him some dog food every now and then.He was good.we caught 2 more catfish and when thawed them and all they wasn't enough for 3.so I went and grabbed him out of pond after useing a net with a dam hole in bottom.

ya shoulda been here last week.we had the BB gun out shooting spider on a web hanging from power line. laugh

#104870 December 5th, 2004 at 05:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
we had the BB gun out shooting spider on a web hanging from power line.
That sounds like something my dad would really get into!

Link Copied to Clipboard