This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#104822 November 17th, 2004 at 03:28 AM
Ah Nana, I have always thought that you should visit me and Maxi often and stuff our freezer with all that stuff you are always cooking up! thumbup But what I'd like to do most of all is pull up a rocking chair in your kitchen and chat the day away while you cook and bake and fry and stir. That'd be a bit o' heaven in my book!

Sometimes I feel like such a crummy mom because I can't cook and bake as I once did. Not allowed to use the big oven from the wheel chair and the stove top isn't so safe, either. so I use the toaster oven, microwave and electric griddle as I can. But now that I'm learning to use the new crock pot, at least the kid gets real food more often...Of course, HE doesn't care what we are eating; the only point that matters to him is that we are eating together.

Funny how I always had a giant kitchen with pots rattling day and night. I try to keep things in perspective, but sometimes these issues have such deep roots, it's hard to dispell the guilty feelings a mom can so easily cultivate. You know?

Merme

#104823 November 17th, 2004 at 11:39 PM
OP Offline
wink Hi,Would love to be able to visit you and fill up your freezer-- and having you and Max visit me would be even more wonderful--- course you would have to stay in the living room- and kitchen area- to many stairs in my house---- but we would manage--- I would even bring up my rocker for you to sit in....LOL- Max could play with all the kids- whats one more?
I am making up a bunch of oven fried chicken tenders - got a big bag on sale so turning them into kids food- cheaper than the ones you can buy premade and more healthy cause I don't fry them... use bisquick, salt, pepper, and a little paprika too.... spray pan with pam and then the tops of the chicken too- bake for about 30 min. at 350 or so or untill brown- then I freeze on a cookie sheet and bag in meal size portions- then put in a bigger bag in the freezer- you can add a little parmesean cheese to it too- and italian seasonings... if you can get your helper to do the oven stuff for you might make up easy entree for you and Maxi--- warm up in toaster oven--- wouldn't take long at all....
Who knows maybe someday we will figure out a way for us to get together in RL and I can cook and you can tell me stories all day! you have to peel the taters though- I hate peeling them....LOL smile

i edited this post to hyperlink to the recipe for the chicken tenders! Thanks Nana for posting them kissies - jiffy

#104824 November 18th, 2004 at 01:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sheri-nana, will you post that recipe in the recipe section? i'd love to have it, and i am sure that lots of others would too!

#104825 November 18th, 2004 at 02:02 AM
Oh Nana, I'll be right over! I LOVE to peel taters!!! thumbup thumbup Just haul up that rocking chair for me.....

Merme

#104826 November 19th, 2004 at 01:16 AM
OP Offline
Hi Jiffymouse,
I did just that- still exploring here slowly... when I get back from Thanksgiving trip I will go thru my collections and post some of my favs....
We are leaving Sun (weather permitting) to go to Az an see hubby's mom- she isn't doing very well so want to see her as much as we can now---

#104827 November 19th, 2004 at 01:20 AM
OP Offline
Merme- Okay bring your apron and paring knife,
I will really need you in Az- we will have about 25-30 for dinner--- if we don't just go out--
BIL called last night and now wants us all together.. that is fine but they tend to expect me to show up and do it all I think--- I like to cook but that does seem like a lot to expect when we have to drive 1000 miles to get there first.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard