This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#104797 November 12th, 2004 at 01:36 AM
OP Offline
wavey
Hi all,
I am a friend of Merme's from another board - she gave me a link here to visit with you all- looks like a nice place--

I am a 54yrs young mom,wife and grandmother- soon to be of 15 - have 3 grown kids and they are very fertile---- LOL!

I will try to get here often- I babysit 3 of my grandsons a lot so away from my puter - but do get to play most days- looking forward to getting to know you all.
Nana

#104798 November 12th, 2004 at 01:41 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
have 3 grown kids and they are very fertile----
No KIDDING! ! ! shk lala

I only have one grandson, and it's a job keeping up with him! Man, you must have to buy a LOT of Christmas presents! laugh

Nice to meet you!
Your friend Merme is a good friend of mine here!

Welcome to the forum!

Cindy [Linked Image]

#104799 November 12th, 2004 at 01:54 AM
OP Offline
wink Hello,
Nice to meet you- yes my kids are very fertile - I have 2 daughters and a son in the middle of them- oldest daughter has 2 boys,she will also have a step daughter soon , son has 3 girls- 2 boys and has twins on the way..he will also have a stepdaughter soon, youngest daughter has 3 boy and another on the way too... they all don't live close but some do - I babysit for the youngest ones boys almost daily--- they keep me busy- 10, 3 and 2 yrs - the new one will be here in March --- I need to take more vitamins I think to keep up.
Merme is a special friend- we were all so worried about her last yr- but am so happy all our prayers helped her and Max through all the trials she had to get by--- I hope to someday get to go and see her in real life-

#104800 November 12th, 2004 at 02:16 AM
Hey There, Nana~ wavey

I AM SO GLAD YOU FOUND US!

But I'll warn you first: watch out for that Cindy gal. We all have to! laugh laugh

Hey, we love ya, Cindy, but gee, you are fun to tease!

And yes, everyone, Nana was one of my strongest supporters when I was so ill. She really hung in there for Maxi and I. Now we are lots better.

Oh, and you should all know Nana is an EXCELLENT cook. She bakes up the BEST cyber muffins first thing in the morning and is kind enough to take out all the calories!

thumbup

Merme

#104801 November 12th, 2004 at 02:22 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
And yes, everyone, Nana was one of my strongest supporters when I was so ill. She really hung in there for Maxi and I.
Ain't it GREAT to have a friend like that?

Cindy

#104802 November 12th, 2004 at 02:30 AM
To be truthful, Cindy, I don't know what Maxi and I would do without our friends. We are so blessed. That's the only word I can think of to describe it....to have people who really care, really care. Wow, not everyone gets that in life.

Merme

#104803 November 12th, 2004 at 07:07 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Merme:
Hey There, Nana~ wavey

[b]I AM SO GLAD YOU FOUND US!

But I'll warn you first: watch out for that Cindy gal. We all have to! laugh laugh

Hey, we love ya, Cindy, but gee, you are fun to tease!

And yes, everyone, Nana was one of my strongest supporters when I was so ill. She really hung in there for Maxi and I. Now we are lots better.

Oh, and you should all know Nana is an EXCELLENT cook. She bakes up the BEST cyber muffins first thing in the morning and is kind enough to take out all the calories!

thumbup

Merme [/b]

#104804 November 12th, 2004 at 07:10 AM
OP Offline
Hi Merme,
Yes I finally made it- takes me awhile sometimes to find the time to do what I really like the most- thumbup Do liket o play on my puter - just have to do these pesky things like make dinner , I tell my hubby I need a wife for the stuff I have to do so I can do the stuff I like to do...LOL! smile

#104805 November 12th, 2004 at 07:26 AM
Oh Nana, you are too funny!

You've reminded me of something one of my nieces said a long time ago. When Cara was very small, she told her mom that she was going to need 5 or 6 husbands all at the same time....

One to help her take care of the babies
One to drive her everywhere she needed to go
One to clean the house
One to cook
One to go to work and earn money....

We all chuckled at her innocent estimation of adult life. Now she is a Mama herself with a beautiful 6 month old son and no, she doesn't have five or six husbands to help out! laugh

Merme

#104806 November 13th, 2004 at 12:03 AM
OP Offline
flw
Hi ,

I'm with your niece - everyone could use a wife- or personal asst- - just to do the extra stuff we never have time to do and has to get done--- LOL!! Like the bills- been paying them and refiguring our budget for the last couple hours- not my favorite thing at all- especially with my computer sitting her calling to me to come and play.....
I had the little boys today while mom when and did her matron of honor stuff with the bride to be-- sure be glad when this is over- next will be planning Thanksgiving in a house I've never been in and don't have a clue as to what cooking supplies are there--- do plan to take my own spices and foodsaver...

#104807 November 13th, 2004 at 12:16 AM
OVER WORKED, NANA, that's what we are! thumbup

My church is having it's annual ladies club Christmas Fair. It is one of the ladies club's biggest fund raisers for the year and I like helping out because they are very very generous with their earnings.

I haven't been able to get in to any of the crafts meetings that have been going on weekly for months now, but I did come up with some things to donate to the cause! smile

My Ex's girlfriend went shopping for me and picked up a dozen really attractive Snowman mugs, 6 that are shaped like a snowman and 6 that just have a handsome fellow printed on the side. I'm filling them with the ingredients for Snowman Soup, then will package them with gift tags. I think they should sell well for any holiday shopper looking for that little something.

Plus, I designed a calendar for 2005 based on The Ten Commandments and printed it out for our Sunday School kids. On Sunday, I will run off enough copies of the thing and bring along a stack of construction paper so they can make covers and color the pictures.

AND...I'm making little felt Christmas stockings, just big enough to hold one chap stick for the 10 teenage girls in our church....

BUSY! angell

Oh, yes, and Nana, be sure to visit our recipe forum and post some of your recipes. Oh, and jump right into any of the games going on in the game room too.

Merme

#104808 November 13th, 2004 at 02:18 AM
Hi there Nana...

have 3 grown kids and they are very fertile
I'm Jenn. My mom and dad have 14 grandkids. I'm the youngest of 5 kids and they are all waiting on me to have the rest of the grandbabies!!! Tell your kids to pass the fertility over this away!! laugh I'll take alllll that I can have! smile

#104809 November 13th, 2004 at 03:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi nana... welcome to the bunch... any friend of merme's is a friend of ours... we love our big family!

#104810 November 13th, 2004 at 04:05 AM
I'm the youngest of six kids, and because I had Maxi "late", at age 39, I have great-neices and great-nephews older than he is. My family had to wait on me a bit to add to the roster of 9 grandkids and so-far-six great-grandkids. My siblings and I are all finished procreating, so it's all up to the next generation now. thumbup

Merme

#104811 November 13th, 2004 at 08:57 PM
OP Offline
angell HI Merme,

Yes we are working to hard- I keep expecting to meet myself coming or going- getting scatterbrained so know I need to slow down- but who has time? LOL!!

You take care though- don't do to much (know you won't) but I do have to keep being a Mom- or Nana! LOL!

Hugs to you and Max.... Nana

#104812 November 13th, 2004 at 09:04 PM
OP Offline
wavey Hi Jen,
I to have a name- Sherri- LOL!!
My hubby is one of 11 kids- he is number 7- when we had our daughter she was gchild number 42- have lost track of how many now- would have to write it down to figure it out now and the great grands now too-
Nice to meet you and hope to visit a lot in the future.

#104813 November 14th, 2004 at 12:54 AM
OP Offline
Hi Jiffymouse-
This does seem like a nice place - am going to go exploring as Merme suggested as soon as I have my house done--- up to the 3rd floor now- where the computer is, so very easy to take a break here--- LOL!
We are getting colder now today- about 35* with the windchill- they say it might snow so got to get some more firewood in this afternoon.

#104814 November 14th, 2004 at 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
brrrrr i hate snow!

#104815 November 14th, 2004 at 10:14 PM
OP Offline
Hi,
I too don't like the snow a lot- grew up in Alaska and then lived in Az for a long time - like 30 odd yrs- got really used to being warm... do like Colo. though- the winters aren't usually to bad- except the blizzards we have had the last couple yrs- actually got snowed in - but only lasts a couple days and always have our emergency food and water- meds etc.... last yr the kids had to bring the boys to us- they have a 4 wheeler and still had to park a street over and walk the kids here--- we live on a hill and noone was gettin up it till they plowed and that took 3 days for them to get to us-- always keep extra diapers too for all the little ones.... reminds me need to buy some extras for the emergency box....

#104816 November 14th, 2004 at 10:20 PM
Hi Nana and everyone ~ wavey

We had snow on Friday night. It was just a light dusting of the stuff and didn't last too long on Saturday. Also, it was late this year as we normally have snow on Halloween.

Oh Nana, you'd be proud of Maxi. He decided he wanted to give some of my new Prayer plant as gifts, one for Fr. Sam, one for my counselor he loves so much and one for himself, of course.

So I taught him how to make cuttings, which he did, and got them all set in a vase of water. He can't wait until there are roots enough to pot them up.

My son, with his ancestoral green thumb. kissies

Merme

#104817 November 14th, 2004 at 10:25 PM
Oh and PS !

I forgot to mention that I was well enough and strong enough this morning that I was able to WALK AROUND a little bit at church. This was the first time I have been able to do that since Easter and everyone was so excited to see me upright! I walked to and from the altar for Communion, I stood twice during the service, and afterwards I went down the aisle to greet some people and back up again to get my wheelchair. This small amount of walking again was WONDERFUL! Oh, Nana, how I miss the days when walking was the total joy of my life....so a success such as today was terrific. parte

Merme

#104818 November 14th, 2004 at 10:30 PM
OP Offline
flw Hi merme,
Sounds like you are as busy as the whole hive of bees- I spent yesterday cleaning the whole house- just realized it is only a week till we are supposed to go to Az for Thanksgiving- and the 2 days before we have a rehursal dinner and a wedding to go too- have to go clothes shopping for hubby this afternoon when he gets off work- puts it off as long as he can---- Men! but I am going to try and find a couple new shirts too- teach him to wait to shop... LOL!
Got up early this morning and went over to DD2's to watch the boys- cleaned up a little over there- watched a disney movie with the 3 yr old- lttle one took and early nap - got the big one to read for a while--- my SIL came home at 1- so I got to come home and play awhile- have to make something quick for dinner- probably sgetti as the kids call it---
Boy send Max to me = I need someone with a green thumb - I try but mine is mostly brown- as long as I ignore my plants they do better! LOL!

#104819 November 14th, 2004 at 10:36 PM
OP Offline
kissies WOW,
How did you forget that- ! What a wonderful day for you - whenever my feet hurt I tend to think of you and decide my feet don't bother me so much after all---- we do tend to take walking for granted when we can do it easily--- like seeing and hearing-- all wonderful gift!

I am sitting here with a big grin - can just see all the people being suprised and happy for you--- I am too - your strengh is coming back and making so much more possible for you..... keep up the good work!

#104820 November 16th, 2004 at 01:23 AM
Hey there Nana ~ wavey

Have you read the interesting thread Geegeeburr started called Tell Us A Story? If not, you should. Some of the stories are very cool! thumbup

Someday, you'll have to share your itching powder story with us all. I love that one. laugh laugh

Busy days but getting through them,
Merme

#104821 November 16th, 2004 at 09:47 PM
OP Offline
Hi Merme,
Yes will sit down and type it up again soon- hopefully before we leave for Az- have a lot to get done before we leave Sun- weather permitting- will be off line till we get back - sure wish I could afford a laptop- another wish for the book..
Been cooking for DD this morning- made pancakes and waffles for the boys breakfasts- going to do french toast this afternoon-
I have read the stories though - read a lot more than I post - still exploring here though- lots to see..
Have a good day!
Nana

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard