This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#104756 October 2nd, 2004 at 05:16 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
HEY, WHERE'D YOU GET THOSE??????????? HUH??????????????

#104757 October 2nd, 2004 at 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH, yes, we all wondered what the head gardening guru looked like!!!
After reading his posts here...I kinda think he's like a "Gardening Yoda" [Linked Image]...All knowing...All seeing...And never seen. A wonderfully wise and ancient guru! kissies

Karen grinnnn

#104758 October 2nd, 2004 at 05:37 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You mean, THIS?
[Linked Image]

#104759 October 2nd, 2004 at 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I LOVE the tattoo...does it do a jig when he flexes his muscle?

laugh [Linked Image] laugh

Karen grinnnn

#104760 October 2nd, 2004 at 05:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I should hope so! laugh laugh laugh

#104761 October 2nd, 2004 at 07:18 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
[Linked Image]

#104762 October 2nd, 2004 at 07:35 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bill...Is that really YOU??? thumbup laugh

Cindy

#104763 October 2nd, 2004 at 08:54 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

#104764 October 2nd, 2004 at 09:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh laugh

Karen grinnnn

#104765 October 2nd, 2004 at 10:26 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...and I must add that you are much more handsome than I expected!

Cindy

#104766 October 2nd, 2004 at 10:29 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
LOL.... that one was taken on a good day! shocked

#104767 October 3rd, 2004 at 08:06 AM
You guys are all nuts....
I have not giggled like this for ages.

Thanks laugh

#104768 October 3rd, 2004 at 06:54 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I have been laughing like crazy reading all of this. It is so good to see pictures of everyone! laugh You all look so much better than I ever imagined laugh laugh

Weezie, Is Webshots an online service that you just upload your pics to? If so I will take a look at it and see how easy it is to navigate. As for my site, it is part of Dan's site, so I dont have to pay, though he does. You can use the free web design places like angelfire or geocities and I can make pages for those pretty easily. Just let me know.

On another note, I added some pics to my site from yesterdays trip to the pumpkin patch, in the family section, including one of me with all the kids. It really is me, too wink

Triss

#104769 October 3rd, 2004 at 07:03 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cool new pics! thumbup

Nice punkins, too!
[Linked Image]

#104770 October 3rd, 2004 at 07:22 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Triss,
I was wondering what you'd think we'd done to your Website!!
Glad you enjoyed it, we seldom get off subject here, grinnnn

Web~Shots
It's free and a bunch of the folks here have them.
I seem to be the only illerate!!! shocked

I love taking pictures, I hate frown catagorizing them.... but I know I have to!!! I am so bad at that....It just takes me a bit to understand it, then when I finally do get it, I got it!!!

Weezie

Very Nice Looking Family you have there,
I resemble Allysa.... I used to do that in ALL of the family photos', and it's funny too, my oldest has now taken over the tradition for me, and no one ever told him I used to do this...and we all remark on it *quietly to each other* that he does as well of a job as I used to shocked laugh

#104771 October 3rd, 2004 at 07:46 PM
Great pictures Triss. It looks like you live in an older house like I do. Is it a family home or did you buy it? Have you been doing renovations, like I have? I have a really personal questions. What type of insurance do you have? I'm wondering because of your children. I work for the county where I live and our insurance has been changed to where we get $250.00 a year for well visits. For those of us who don't have chidlren it means that we either pay for or choose between a gynecological exam or a mammogram or a bone density test. 250.00 doesn't pay totally for the pap exam but will totally pay for the mammogram and I'm not sure about the bone density. For those of us over 50 whose doctors recommend a colonoscopy we have to add that to the list. For people with babies, it means that they either have to pay or not go to their routine visits. 250.00 is gone very quickly. I was doing immunizations last week and a woman and her 9 month old came in and she told me that she had received a letter from her insurance company saying that they no longer paid for ANY well visits. Thank goodness her baby will only need the 9 month, 1 year, and 18 month visit before they can go to yearly, and she can get her vaccinations for free at the Health Department. I don't know what's going to happen to us. The premiums get higher and the coverage gets less.

#104772 October 4th, 2004 at 05:57 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Weezie,

I took a look at Webshots and it isnt too bad. Do you already have your pics organized in some way? From you post, I am gathering not but we can work with that too. I just keep mine in a folder in the order that the digital camera numbers them so when I have to find something, I do have to search for it. The best I do on my own computer is by year and when I want to send or put pics on the web, then I find and resize them and label them. Then save them elsewhere. I found that doing it that way keeps me from messing up the original picture.

Triss

#104773 October 4th, 2004 at 06:08 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Sheri,

Right now we rent a farm house that is located on a pivot corner of a farmers field. When we moved from CA, we came to the town sight unseen, with only a few pics of the house and weren't in a position to buy anything anyhow and have been very blessed to have fallen in love with not only the house but the town we live in. One day we hope we can talk the owner of the house into selling to us cuz it is perfect for our family, or would be even more so with some renovations. The house appears to be built in sections and has a very unusual layout but it works for us.

As for insurance, the kids are on state insurance right now. I still don't take the kids to scheduled well-baby checks because they aren't on a regular shot schedule. Because of Zack being autistic, we have put shots off for all of the younger kids until they are about a year and a half to avoid any possibility of autism in them. So they only go if and when they are sick which for most of them is rarely. I did go through the well baby checks with the two older boys and in my opinion, unless you are getting shots or are a new parent, it isnt worth it. I am with you on being worried about the state of health insurance and how you are always paying more for less. It is very scary, especially with kiddos.

Triss

#104774 October 4th, 2004 at 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I lost my job,I lost my insurance. I have tried to get my kids on state insurance,but they say our income is too high. They did put them on a share of cost plan...the insurance kicks in after $1500.00 has been spent out of our pocket...and thats per month! My son Alex has had a nagging head cold for 3 weeks now but,theres no way I can afford to take him to the Dr.

Karen grinnnn

#104775 October 4th, 2004 at 03:55 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Karen,

Unfortunately, just after we moved, Dan lost his contract with his most major client and that is why we havent gotten our own insurance here. It has been hard for us to get back up on our feet but we are getting there slowly but surely. I have been looking into the costs of insurance and it is a lot higher now that it was before. We did have to pay for Mikes birth out of pocket and boy is that expensive. I can see why kids are so much sicker this day and age cuz parents just cannot afford to take them to the Dr.

Triss

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard