This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103754 November 22nd, 2004 at 05:21 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there everyone...

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. We are all doing very well here other than lack of sleep. Charlie has decided that he likes nighttime better than daytime so is awake pretty much all night long. Since the other kiddos sleep at night, this makes for one tired mommy and daddy. Dan has been letting me catch up on sleep and I am forever grateful to him for that.

Needless to say, I have not had a lot of time to be online much less keep up with anything. My poor houseplants are only alive because Lys likes to water them so she is keeping them going for me. My little girl is going to have greeen thumbs just like her Granny. I am sure she will be a huge help in getting the garden going this spring.

Charlie is just a little sprite. He is the smallest of all my kiddos and that couple of pounds difference sure seems immense in such a tiny baby. I feel like I could easily break him cuz he just seems so small to me, but he is eating well and is a very good baby. I am sure he will catch up to the others in no time.

I am healing ok, still very sore but that too shall pass. And all of the other kids are getting used to their new brother and loving him every minute of the day.

I am really missing reading every day but hope to be back online at least part time in the next few weeks. Hope everyone here is doing well and gearing up for the holiday season ahead!

Triss

#103755 November 22nd, 2004 at 05:48 AM
Glad to hear everything is going ok. Hopefully Charlie will figure out the differences between day and night soon.

#103756 November 22nd, 2004 at 06:03 AM
ahhhhh Triss,you are so lucky.What a sweet boy!!

Hope you get some (lots) of sleep soon.

{{{{Hugs to you}}}}and all your family.

Happy Thanksgiving luv luv luv

Blessed be.

#103757 November 22nd, 2004 at 06:18 AM
Hi~

The baby is beautiful!

I understand what you mean about tiny babies as Maxi was 3.5 lbs at birth and just under 16 inches because he was 6 weeks early. But healthy! Even so, it took slightly more than a month to get him to the 5 lb mark.

Since little Charlie is a good eater, that must comfort your heart greatly. I used to fret so much about Maxi's frailty.

And yes, hopefully he will soon fall into the swing of the rest of your household, letting everyone sleep at night.

Visit when you can -- we LOVE hearing about the baby!

Merme

#103758 November 22nd, 2004 at 02:14 PM
The best way to turn a baby's night and day around is to wake the baby up or keep the baby up an extra half hour on the daytime "predictable" naps. Say, Charlie always naps about 4 hours in the afternoon, say from 1-5, then try giving him a bath, which is about the only thing my kids wouldn't sleep through, at 1 or 4:30. That and just completely undressing him were the only things that would wake my son up! Each day trying to keep him up an extra half hour will eventually tire him out and switch him around. All my kids were doing 6 hour stretches at night by 4 days old??? smile

#103759 November 22nd, 2004 at 02:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So glad to hear that things are going well(except for the sleep thing). We've missed you around here and are looking forward to chatting with you again soon!

Do you have any more pics of Charlie?

G-Mom grinnnn

#103760 November 22nd, 2004 at 03:53 PM
my oldest ate at 2, 4 and 6 you could have set the clock by her. I made my 8 oz bottles by the dozen. So no sleep there.

Ashley, ashley didn't eat, wouldn't eat and still doesn't eat. They put a feeding tube in at the hospital and told me I couldn't take her home til she ate. I'd have to just sit and force feed her. She used 2 oz bottle then went to a 4 and I never went up a size from the 4 oz.

Now Ashley slept through the nite the second nite home from the hospital

#103761 November 22nd, 2004 at 04:28 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the great replies. I am really missing checking in every day as well. Fortunately right now all 4 little ones are giving me a few minutes to check email.

I am keeping Charlie awake as much as I can during the day and I am seeing a difference. Like right now, Lys is chatting with him while he is hanging out ont he floor. Last night he was only up twice and Dan took one of those times so I got a good amount of sleep. So we are making progress.

I do have a lot more pics and am trying to find a good chunk of time to update the website. Once I do, I will post it.

In case I dont get to it this week, I hope you all have a great Turkey day!

Triss

#103762 November 22nd, 2004 at 06:44 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
The kids played great this morning so I was able to put up some more pics of the baby.

Check out the website and enjoy!

Triss

#103763 November 25th, 2004 at 02:26 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Triss,
Those kids are soooooooooo cute!!!
Alyssa looks like a "proud mommy"!!!

Thanks for updating your photo's,
your family looks like they are nestling
in Charles very nicely!!!

Hoping your sleeping hours get a bit longer.
*of course are they ever enough??**

Cudo's to you girl!!!
My hat's off to you!!!

You'll have to tell us how you keep the kids busy?

Hope you're feeling better!!!

Weezie

#103764 November 25th, 2004 at 03:42 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Triss...
Those pics are so good!
Precious!

You have been so blessed!

Cindy

#103765 November 25th, 2004 at 06:54 AM
Triss- he is a beautiful baby! And HOO-BOY, do you ever have your hands full!

#103766 November 30th, 2004 at 08:36 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the compliments on the kids. I think they are all adorable as well.

Keeping them busy these days has been done with the TV. Bad mom I know but with Charlie needing so much attention, it keeps the other three out of trouble. We like Nick Jr and the kids sing and dance all day long so I really dont feel so bad. Now that Mikey can climb stairs and get back down, the kids also spend a lot of time playing upstairs.

Once we are mobile again, we will do trips to the park and stuff like that and get back to art projects and pre school stuff like writing and drawing and learning shapes and numbers. I find it is so easy to teach them here at home and they think it is a game so it works for all of us.

When it comes down to it, keeping them busy is easy cuz they have each other, so they do my job for me. Thanks for asking that Weezie. Some days it is a challenge.

Right now it is lunch time and the kids just got done eating. We are all doing great though and I will check in soon.

Triss

#103767 November 30th, 2004 at 11:37 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Triss,
This is just a small idea...
*and I only had 2 kids, so I don't know if it's feasable for you or not* But.......
Get some of those plastic lunch pails...
And fill them with assorted what nots'...
A puzzle, a banana, a coloring book and crayons,
some toys from maybe the dollar store,
or Un~opened McDonalds toys *if that ever happens :rolleyes: laugh *, some dried apple slices', blocks, etc. you get the idea...
and put them in the lunch pails...
Put each of their names on one lunch box and that one is ONLY THEIRS..............................
They have to sit quiet with their stuff from their pails/box, but it's something just for them and keeps them occupied for even just a few minutes.

Weezie

#103768 December 1st, 2004 at 12:52 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Weezie

That is a great idea and what a neat christmas gift that would be for each of them to get their own "pail" of stuff.

I am always amazed at how long they will all color at the table and crayons and coloring books from the dollar store are already on my list so I think I will expand that to a table top box for each of them that I can give to them when I need peace and quiet and them sitting while I do stuff like cooking dinner.

Thanks for the great idea!

Triss

Link Copied to Clipboard