This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103636 December 26th, 2003 at 07:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to intro ourselves, I am a Master Gardener with the extension, 27 years of gardening exp., I specialize in heirloom and open pollinated varieties, I am also a member of MGPGA (minnesota giant pumpkin growers assc.), going for the BIG ONE this year!!YAH, Ya Betcha! Laura, well Laura is a city girl, turned country, she has ZERO gardening exp. and hasn't been with me during a growing season, stay tuned to find out if she can HANDLE a full fledged GARDEN FANATIC!!! She wants to learn and has been listening to me, and reading the seed catalogs with great interest. I have a vast amount of gardening knowledge folks and I will answer any question that I can, so please feel free to ask. grinnnn

#103637 December 26th, 2003 at 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome Phil & Laura! we have a great bunch of folks here, ranging from master gardeners to very novice folks. we have some that specialize in the different aspects of gardening, including houseplants, composting, succulents, and other stuff.

Look around, help where you can, and don't be afraid to ask questions!

#103638 December 26th, 2003 at 07:49 PM
R
R
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!! So you are going for the great pumpkin!!! laugh Can't wait to see the ribbon! Good luck! You certainly sound like you belong here, and a sense fo humor is always a nice addition!!! wink I hope she can handle the full fledged gardening maniac that appears this spring I'm sure she'll be just fine, It is extremely contagious. I still would like to know what type of "bug" it is that carries the gardening virus!!! laugh laugh Nice to have you here, and look forward to all your input. wink

#103639 December 26th, 2003 at 09:02 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Well a great big HELLO to you two!!!!! wavey
Welcome Phil and Laura!!!! flw
Glad to have you here....
We do have a good mixture of everyone just like
Jiffy said, from Master Gardeners to the brand new gardeners.......
And everything else in between!!!
WE are the friendlest bunch of gardeners you'll ever come acrossed!!! And the nicest!
As one of our members Papito, has said,
"We are a Cyber Community here"!!!
It's a wonderful forum, with wonderful folks and I'm glad to talk with everyone of them...

And Phil and Laura you are more than Welcome to join in on all the fun......
Make yourselves at home, look around, we have many new sections here like recipes, crafts and hobbies, and banter hall for chatting!!!

Feel free to ask all the questions you have,
none will be considered trival, and darn near every last one is answered!!!
And feel free to start answering some of those
darn questions that no~one answers!!!!!
And any in between, we'd love for your input!!!!!

Everyone's got a great sense of humor here, so
add yours to the board, and add your gardening
voice to the growing numbers of gardeners here.

Looking forward to talking with you both!!!!!

Laura,
I know what it's like to be a garden fanatic,
I am absolutely hooked on gardening and everything
that comes along with it, I truely hope you get
"bit by the flw gardening bug" and learn to love cool it as much as I do, we do and by the sounds of it your other half!!!!!
It's truely something you can't explain, it's just something that grabs you and yanks you out to the dirt...
My downfall is composting and I love gab

P.S. We also have one of my favorite members out there in Minn., BigBoy, and he is into growing tomatoes
too, looking forward to the two of you sharing info and ideas!!!!

#103640 December 26th, 2003 at 11:51 PM
wavey wavey Duh

I'm looking forward to learning all that you share about your gardening, and can't wait to see that GIANT pumkin!

Come join in the winter games we have here to help us pass the time quicker 'til we can all go back outside and get our hands dirty.

#103641 December 27th, 2003 at 03:29 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
[Linked Image]
Hi Phil and Laura wavey

I am a newbie to gardening but I just love being outside and experimenting with ideas! I am really getting into the cactus and succulent thing!

Oh and I LOOOOOOVE tomatoes!!!! I could eat them year round!!!!

Welcome to the site and I am quite sure I will have many ?,s for you later on!!!!!

wavey

#103642 December 27th, 2003 at 07:40 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Welcome! And come join the fun!

wavey

Sarah

#103643 December 28th, 2003 at 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for Welcoming us. As Phil said I am a City Slicker gone Country. I have always been good with my House plants so the outdoor Gardening will be a FUN and New experience for me. I look forward to picking out things to plant and watch grow and finally harvesting at the end of the season. Take care all. Write soon. Laura kit

#103644 December 29th, 2003 at 05:38 PM
Welcome Phil and Laura! wavey I'm looking forward to learning more from a Master Gardener. We have a few on the site and they always help us out so much. I'm fairly new to gardening, well at least to having my own. Always helped out mom and dad in the past. Its so addicting, kind of like this site! wavey

#103645 January 1st, 2004 at 07:24 PM
Phil and Laura....On the Home & Garden Network today, they're featuring Giant Vegetables after the rose Parade. Bet yer punkins could give 'em a run.... laugh

#103646 January 1st, 2004 at 09:15 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Jillie, I was watching that too!!
They had a huge water lilly you could stand on!!
I've got to look that one up, so neat!!!
Weezie

#103647 January 2nd, 2004 at 06:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey wavey wavey

Hello Phil and Laura....I never had a chance to welcome you....I'm sure that you'll love it here as much as we all do.....by the way...I'm quite partial to the name laura....lol thumbup

[Linked Image]

laura grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard